how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

searching pc stuff back in march 2011, don't remember which video i saw first but i watched almost all of his uploads in my free time way back to the first videos on ltt and ncix, it was glorious, i still miss the casual unboxings from time to time but i still love their current content, i would love if linus make a throw back video one of this day just for fun, like back before when it was him and cameraman, before slick and all the rest of the crew

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I think at the time I was looking for a keyboard and found an NCIX Video around 3 years ago. 

So I watched a few videos and subscribed, then I found around a year later that Linus Tech Tips Channel.

Recently I signed up to the forum after purposely avoiding tech forums as most were full of absolute twits however took a look around and found this forum to be somewhat different.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

this movie was the first one i ever saw of Linus, I thought it was eminem  <_<  ^_^

Guess what PSU on mah desk FTW

No idea I find it impossible to remember how I meet people in real life I'm not going to remember how I discovered Linus. Considering it takes me a few videos to know I like someone my initial impression would have been oh he is good or that video was informative.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

On a quest for enlightenment, I climbed a mountain to seek out a legendary Tibetan monk who might have the answers I seek to the questions I had. 

Upon reaching that monk, he told me of a youtube channel ran by a man named Linus Sebastian. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Back with my first build few years ago now.

I stumbled upon his channel while looking for review of the infamous Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

Noticed all my other parts I was doubting for were reviewed on there as well, so I kept hanging around. 

I was looking for some mouse and mechanical keyboard videos and stumbled upon NCIX and LinusTechTips videos. This was around December 2012.

Youtube !! NCIX videos and AMD vs Intel vids .

My Dad introduced me to TechQuickie which led me to find the Linus Tech Tips channel which in turn led me to find the forum :D

I'm pretty sure I bought something and searched YouTube and found Linus' unboxing video. Loved the video and after that I only watched Linus as my one stop shop!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

6 years ago when I was a tech Level 9001 noob, I wasn't sure how to clean my rig..

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I found Linus after looking for a build guide to build a pc

I thought Linus was a cool dude. I also like computers...Linus last liked computers...I like Linus...

4 years ago while watching some system build guides.

from youtube  and going  untill im allive  :D

im sure it was 2009 or 2010. i was looking for some stuff for my PC and i came across LinusTechTips

NCIX... In that video you were giving away lots of stuff for a new Store (I guess it was canada) to the people in the line. Long time ago btw

Found you while searching for a unboxing of a case, but I can't remember what one it was.. it was a while ago.

Found him back in 2010 on NCIX, the first video I saw of him was his MSI 6870 review with three TVs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mJeefx5_Qc

OMFG that is also the first vid i saw from him( i think ) we should be twins...

Interested in Business and Technology

It was just last year (2013) around October. I was doing my very first build and was looking at reviews for the parts I was considering and Linus had some of the most well done and entertaining reviews that I could find. Been subbed ever since.  Always do my best to catch the WAN Show live when I can. 

About a year ago I started getting interesting in custom PC's and other technology covered by Linus' channel and it was a few minutes later I came across one of his videos (I have no idea which one) and have enjoyed nearly everyone of his videos since. 

I think I found Linus's channel around the time he released the first full guide on building a PC. I haven't been able to build a new one since 2008 but I love everything to do with building them and watching the process so it was a lot of fun watching that and learning things. And Linus seemed like a really fun guy so I subscribed to the channel and I've been enjoying it ever since.

I always knew about the forums but since I was active on a few others (like Reddit) I didn't think I'd spend enough time here so I never signed up. The LG G3 giveaway was too good to pass up and now I think I'm gonna spend a good bit more time here.

Edit: I've not done a good job spending more time here.

I've been shopping at NetLink/NCIX since before YouTube was around.  One day I was in the Burnaby store (at the time, their ONLY store) and they mentioned that they were going to start a YouTube channel.  I been subbed since day one, 7 years ago now.  I've followed along ever since.