how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

Some years ago I saw a review of something (I dont remember what) but just that. Some months ago I saw another review and I already knew that name... after that I subscribed :D

Probably around 2011/2012 when I was really interested in computer technology and I was doing many research about it and that's when I stumbled across Linus. 

I was just searching for reviews of a PC cases like I constantly do since it's hard to find decent ones here: we have the typical "gamer" syndrome where your choice of cases is no-brand bullshit that has no cutouts for cables, no removable drive cages and at best 1 exhaust fan not to mention the included crap no name PSUs, or the top of the line "gamer" cases that jump straight into the 300 bucks range.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think i found out about linus a few years ago when i was searching computer videos on youtube. 

I really can't remember, but yeah, it was waaay back on the NCIX channel on some random unboxing.

Alongside of that, I've met him in person on last year's Computex. :)

Not so long ago... looking for some Oculus videos :D

Ive always been interested in tech but had never built my own computer, so a few years ago i decided to build one myself but had no idea at all of how to do it and found the channel while serching for build guides and realized that the entire channel was awesome. :)

Meow.

It was from Reddit,  I personally love the format of his videos and he makes things very clear to the viewer.  I have been a tech for many years and still I find myself watching all of his videos just to see what is said or what tips can be given.  The best techs see what everyone else is doing and adding the best stuff to there own bag of tricks.  Keep of the great work Linus you have done great work in educating the masses about technology! (It also saves me a lot of time explaining it to my Friends I just show them your videos.) 

It was very, very recently. I saw Linus on Austin Evans' channel (an episode of "Ask Me") and he seemed really cool so I checked out his channel. Now I'm hooked :)

2009 ... the old ncix :D

liked linus before he was cool  :ph34r: 

One of my good friends was up to be Linus's new camera guy and I went to check out his video and vote for him. Been a fan ever since.

Intel Core i7 4790K >> MSI Z87I Gaming AC (MS-7887) >> G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 16GB >> Zotac GTX 980 >> Corsair 250D >> Samsung 840 Evo 250GB >> OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W >> Acer K2 27" Widescreen LED Monitor  (K272HLBMID) >> Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 MX Brown Switch Red RGB LED 87KEYS Mechanical Keyboard >> Mionix Avior 7000 >> HyperX Cloud

I found him by watching one of his graphic card reviews.. Back when I was a noob, and I was watching Linus do a review on the GTX 690 from EVGA

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I was watching one of Austin's videos and saw one of your that looked good.

i found this forum when the g3 giveaway show off on youtube. the YT chanel i found it  last year i think when i started to search for information, to build a new pc, i was looking for good components so, finnaly, i searched for this little GPU and i found this: :D 

I watched the very first tech video he did for NCIX back on July 24th of 2007 the same day the video was uploaded, before he came along the only two people that did good PC vids were TJHarlow and 3dgameman.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

It was a few years back.. Back on linus' unboxing videos. I can't really remember how I found him. Probably searching for something on youtube and he popped up. It was when he was still at NCIX and cameraman worked for him. Or maybe he held the camera work himself. I think it was on his personal channel. I definitely didn't first watch the old old stuff on linustechtips with the original old intro.

So I found his channel on youtube. Then his forum through him.

Found him while researching the NAGA back when it launched :)

Coolermaster HAF 932 | Intel i7 4770k  | Corsair H100i | 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance | PowerColor 7970 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair HX650 | Dell U2713HM , U2312HM

Samsung 840 Pro 128gb|  9tb Storage |  CMStorm Quickfire rapid (Cherry Blue) | SteelSeries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Siberia | Logitech G51| Xonar DX| Sennheiser HD518|

~Duck Duck Goose!~

I honestly would have to do some research into this.  I really am not sure when I found out about Linus exactly but he was working at NCIX then and doing videos for them at the same time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

A friend of mine used to watch the NCIX channel a few years back, and i remember the first video he showed me with linus was a triple monitor setup playing Dirt 2 if im not misstaken.

- A bit like when someone says it's so damn nice to take a shit in the shower and no one agrees.

It was somewhere at 2010 when I discovered his channel. 
I saw one oveclocking video from him, and I created a channel to subscribe to him. In fact becouse it was 2010 I named my channel as erik962010.
He inspired me a lot, and I made an Overclocking tutorial video to help others like he does! 
He is and will always be my idol! :)

im curious. tbh one day i was scrolling the recommended videos and i found linus so i thought to myself what a wacko name then i realized that linus was the best internet discovery of my entire life <3

I stumbled apon Teksyndicate's "What did Apple Really Invent" video and got a WAN show recommended for me to watch. I do believe it was the second WAN show at the new office.

i have NO IDEA how i found your channel ... it was about 20 INTERNET years ago ..  :)

found linus through "good enough gaming pc" on ncix when i was thinking about building my first pc..then watched his intel vs amd/amd vs nvidia explanation videos ( a precursor to techquickie)..i became a fan after the first Live stream/Wan show with slick...the unveiling of slick..too bad no more after party on the youtube archives..doing my work while you guys played snes in the background was awesome..