Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

Not enough time I'm afraid. Between watching what anime I have started so far, along with all the other shows me and my nephew are watching, my video games, work, personal projects, side work, and family stuff, it will be a long time before I have extra time to dedicate to watching even more anime and talking about it. 

Plus, I'm not good in a group. For some reason, the process ends up going like this: I join -> I am active -> I make friends -> I become less and less active -> I disappear.

It's how it always happens. So I think I should just be a traveler. The guy who shows up from time to time and talks, but disappears for weeks at a time depending on events in his life. 

Bummer..... 

cxbkM07.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Bummer..... 

Gomenasai

I've realized the only way I can have friends (or social relationships in general) is if I find people who are willing to come to me. I'm a terrible person. I can't keep up a social relationship in any form. The internet makes that a bit easier since many people congregate here. 

*sigh*

I+started+out+as+the+happiest+most+optim

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

well i guess i should recommend something now...

Nodame Cantabile 

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1698/Nodame_Cantabile

I have watched the 3 seasons over the last  in 2 or 3 days. It is a good story about two classical musicians which i think has a really nice visual style and a lot of good music.

I have to recommend it since @TheProfosist hasn't even started recommending the things he has recommended to me lol

Gomenasai

I've realized the only way I can have friends (or social relationships in general) is if I find people who are willing to come to me. I'm a terrible person. I can't keep up a social relationship in any form. The internet makes that a bit easier since many people congregate here. 

*sigh*

I+started+out+as+the+happiest+most+optim

Just join youll be fine all we really do is fart around.

Gomenasai

*sigh*

Pfft relationships with people. 

JJWxKJE.gif

What are you doing as of now? 

well i guess i should recommend something now...

Nodame Cantabile 

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1698/Nodame_Cantabile

I have watched the 3 seasons over the last  in 2 or 3 days. It is a good story about two classical musicians which i think has a really nice visual style and a lot of good music.

I have to recommend it since @TheProfosist hasn't even started recommending the things he has recommended to me lol

YUSSSSS Nodame Cantabile is sooooo good, definitely in my top favorites list. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My requests: Darker than Black, Baccano!, Suisei no Gargantia, Hataraku Maou-Sama, Tiger & Bunny, Samurai Champloo, Fate/Zero, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Paranoia Agent, Mawaru Penguindrum, Level E, Last Exile, Ouran High School Host Club, Trigun... any of these would be great.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

You fart, I laugh. 

My requests: Darker than Black, Baccano!, Suisei no Gargantia, Hataraku Maou-Sama, Tiger & Bunny, Samurai Champloo, Fate/Zero, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Paranoia Agent, Mawaru Penguindrum, Level E, Last Exile, Ouran High School Host Club, Trigun... any of these would be great.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.... I expected another season but it never happened. =/

Please follow the submission guidelines in the OP so I can add then to the list.

You fart, I laugh.

lol

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.... I expected another season but it never happened. =/

Why did you expect another season? It was great anime BTW. I will not suggest it however until I something special finished.

that is correct. when i joined it was explained to me that this club is about nothing with no goals lol

lol

Why did you expect another season? It was great anime BTW. I will not suggest it however until I something special finished.

It did definitely make me feel like it was going to have another season, with the scenes of them going to America. 

that is correct. when i joined it was explained to me that this club is about nothing with no goals lol

my goal is to not allow you to sleep ;)

How cruel.....

You two are like to nuts in a shell. *cough*

you have done well at that. even when im not watching anime im up at 4am drawing stuff in sketchup because of you lol

It did definitely make me feel like it was going to have another season, with the scenes of them going to America.

Na they went thats all that was needed. Remember the unforgettable OP? That was re-written for the anime. I though it ended well and I dont know how much more band progression would really be left you know?

How cruel.....

You two are like to nuts in a shell. *cough*

Who said id share my shell? Its mine I say!

you have done well at that. even when im not watching anime im up at 4am drawing stuff in sketchup because of you lol

:D you know you like my interesting ideas ;)

:D you know you like my interesting ideas ;)

Well shit now I'm curious.... 

Well shit now I'm curious.... 

*diverts attention with fake mystery story with fake evidence to stop curiosity* 

*diverts attention with fake mystery story with fake evidence to stop curiosity* 

Come on now that's just cruel. 

I'm just a lil...

pO2o9MM.gif

Ok, let's try this again.

Darker Than Black: Action, seinen, sci-fi/fantasy. One of my top 5. Great action, great pacing, great characters, great plot, and a killer soundtrack by Yoko Kanno. Just skip the second season - it takes everything that was good about the first and grinds it into the dirt. Available on Netflix.

Baccano!: Action, seinen. The show that started me watching anime, and the closest animated equivalent to a Quentin Tarantino movie. Also features one of the all-time great English dubs, which really sells the Prohibition-era gangland setting. Available on Hulu as of this writing.

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet: Sci-fi, drama, slice of life, shonen. What happens when Gen Urobuchi, the man behind Madoka and Fate/Zero, decides to make a mecha series. It's surprisingly lighthearted for most of its run, but retains the man's signature slow-burn pacing. Available on Crunchyroll.

The Devil Is A Part-Timer: Fantasy, comedy, shonen. An evil overlord is beaten by a legendary hero and flees through a portal to another world... ours. Once here, he promptly gets a job flipping burgers at McDonalds MgRonalds. Funny as all hell. For those of you who recognize my username from elsewhere, I was a fan of this show even before I ended up cast as the lead in the abridged version.

Tiger & Bunny: Action, comedy, shonen. What happens when Japan puts out a story about American style superheroes. Quite well done. Available on Hulu, I think.

Samurai Champloo: Action, drama, seinen. From the team behind Cowboy Bebop. What else do you need to know? Available on netflix.

Fate/Zero: Action, drama, horror, seinen. The Nasuverse is one of the most complicated fictional settings in existence and consists of multiple visual novels that are each longer than War and Peace, but fortunately you don't need any of that background knowledge to enjoy this prequel. Available on netflix.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad: Drama, shonen. A really great down-to-earth series about a boy and his band.

Paranoia Agent: Mystery, seinen. The sole TV series from the mind of the late, great Satoshi Kon, the man behind Perfect Blue and Paprika.

Mawaru Penguindrum: Drama, seinen. Probably the strangest show I've ever seen, but in a good way. From the director of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Ouran High School Host Club: Comedy, shojo. Hands down the funniest anime I've ever seen in my life. Available on Netflix, and do yourself a favor and watch the dub.

More to come.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

XMHyQW8.png

Nichijou

Why I'm suggesting it. It's a simple anime.

Its not too long.It has some cute and relate able characters with a bit of hijinks.

Not going to be everyones cup of tea. But some people will enjoy it. It employs a simple animation style with nice over the top exaggerations to assist in some jokes and might be a nice second pick for some week.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10165/Nichijou

I've a list to get through that I finished recently so I'll add more recommendations after Germany finishes kicking Brazils ass long enough for me to gather my thoughts.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Ok, let's try this again.

Darker Than Black: Action, seinen, sci-fi/fantasy. One of my top 5. Great action, great pacing, great characters, great plot, and a killer soundtrack by Yoko Kanno. Just skip the second season - it takes everything that was good about the first and grinds it into the dirt. Available on Netflix.

Baccano!: Action, seinen. The show that started me watching anime, and the closest animated equivalent to a Quentin Tarantino movie. Also features one of the all-time great English dubs, which really sells the Prohibition-era gangland setting. Available on Hulu as of this writing.

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet: Sci-fi, drama, slice of life, shonen. What happens when Gen Urobuchi, the man behind Madoka and Fate/Zero, decides to make a mecha series. It's surprisingly lighthearted for most of its run, but retains the man's signature slow-burn pacing. Available on Crunchyroll.

The Devil Is A Part-Timer: Fantasy, comedy, shonen. An evil overlord is beaten by a legendary hero and flees through a portal to another world... ours. Once here, he promptly gets a job flipping burgers at McDonalds MgRonalds. Funny as all hell. For those of you who recognize my username from elsewhere, I was a fan of this show even before I ended up cast as the lead in the abridged version.

Tiger & Bunny: Action, comedy, shonen. What happens when Japan puts out a story about American style superheroes. Quite well done. Available on Hulu, I think.

Samurai Champloo: Action, drama, seinen. From the team behind Cowboy Bebop. What else do you need to know? Available on netflix.

Fate/Zero: Action, drama, horror, seinen. The Nasuverse is one of the most complicated fictional settings in existence and consists of multiple visual novels that are each longer than War and Peace, but fortunately you don't need any of that background knowledge to enjoy this prequel. Available on netflix.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad: Drama, shonen. A really great down-to-earth series about a boy and his band.

Paranoia Agent: Mystery, seinen. The sole TV series from the mind of the late, great Satoshi Kon, the man behind Perfect Blue and Paprika.

Mawaru Penguindrum: Drama, seinen. Probably the strangest show I've ever seen, but in a good way. From the director of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Ouran High School Host Club: Comedy, shojo. Hands down the funniest anime I've ever seen in my life. Available on Netflix, and do yourself a favor and watch the dub.

More to come.

This abridged series? I fucking love that series it made me watch the subs and the official Dub was ruined by the abridged series for me, the voices just don't work as well. And we just got "I couldn't be a hero..." and they are pretty much the same thing.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Nichijou

Why I'm suggesting it. It's a simple anime.

Its not too long. Ah it has some cute and relate able characters with a bit of hijinks.

Not going to be everyones cup of tea. But some people will enjoy it. It employs a simple animation style with nice over the top exaggerations to assist in some jokes and might be a nice second pick for some week.

Nichijou is absolutely my #1 favorite comedy anime. I have never laughed as many times or as hard as i did at that show.

Way too lazy...

I don't think any anime isn't worth watching. If you want alternatives, I have some - some of which are old and you might have seen them already - along with the forum's "Anime Club - Heaven Society". 

Texhnolyze - creepy, nihilistic anime about a boxer who ends ups getting tied up in an underworld of corruption.

Hyouka - @MyInnerFred loves this.   :D

Welcome to the NHK - one of the few anime adaptions that actually follows closely to the original which was a novel. It's about anxiety, society, hallucinations, abuse, and basically how everyday people deal with the craziness that is life.

Tamako Market - cute anime about a girl selling mochi... Don't judge me.

K-On! - anime about a high school band. 

Ghost in the Shell - a wicked anime that examines what happens to humanity when it becomes more machine.

Devil May Cry - fun, short, action-y anime based on the hack n' slash video game series.

Kannazuki no Miko - a take on the whole Orochi mythology. It's yuri, by the way... DON'T JUDGE ME!

Clannad - this will or may make you cry. It's a sweet story about a high school delinquent and how family and friends mean so much in life.

Angel Beats! - an anime that examines what happens to people after death, especially for those with regrets and connections to their life.

Samurai Champloo - awesome action anime with awesome music courtesy of Nujabes.

Not an anime, but more of a movie: Sword of the Stranger. This is a really wicked film that while is action-packed, uses subtle hints and flashbacks to develop the characters and show their motivations.

Cowboy Bebop - space gun-slinging action. What more can I say?

Hellsing. Do you like horrific, insane action? Then this bloodthirsty anime may be for you.

Afro Samurai. This is a "what if Samuel L. Jackson was in an anime". Yes, he's tired of the mothereffing idiots in the mothereffing country.

Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito. I keep forgetting to watch this. It's about a young lady who travels through worlds to find her sister who she has a crush on. Yes, it's that kind of anime... DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

Claymore - basically if Metroid involved multiple Samus's and was in the medieval age.

Berserk. Do I need to say anything?

Multiple Personality Detective Psycho. Never watched it and probably never will. It's gory, twisted, and overall: insanity fuel. Have fun.

And there's more that I can't think of.

So... Baccano!, Durarara!!, Texhnolyze, Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai, Cowboy Bebop, the Gundam stuff, One Piece, Bleach, the Street Fighter anime and films; the Blazblue anime, the King of Fighters anime, the Devil May Cry anime, Hellsing, The Big O, Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist, Baki the Grappler, Code Geass, not an anime but an animated film: Sword of the Stranger; Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Ghost in the Shell, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan, Burst Angel, Black Rock Shooter, Blood+, Darker Than Black, D. Gray-man, Gantz, Kurozuka, RWBY, Speed Grapher, Ergo Proxy, Michiko to Hatchin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Black Cat, Trigun, Vampire Hunter D, and there's more out there that I don't know or remember. 

I would also like to suggest Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity Has Declined). Why? Well, 'cause this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSW_5DOIZcU

And there's Tari Tari.

I have no idea how to export one folder from Chrome...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |