anime like naruto

Mao_Zedong

I am almost done watching naruto, so i want another anime kind of like it. i know of bleach and dragon ball z, but i don't know how similar those are. the other anime i have watched are avatar and attack on titan.

There was this whole debate on if Avatar was considered anime since it uses the Japanese art style. But it was made in the US. 

Hmm anime's similar to Naruto? Have you gave shorter series a try? Stuff that's around 13 - 28 episodes?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

What do you mean "like Naruto". Do you mean as long as it, has ninjas, time skips, themes, plot twists, or what specifically?

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I am almost done watching naruto, so i want another anime kind of like it. i know of bleach and dragon ball z, but i don't know how similar those are. the other anime i have watched are avatar and attack on titan.

if you are almost done with naruto why not watch Naruto: Shippuden lol

I can't think of anything with as much drawn out conversation and filler content.. hmm

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There was this whole debate on if Avatar was considered anime since it uses the Japanese art style. But it was made in the US. 

Hmm anime's similar to Naruto? Have you gave shorter series a try? Stuff that's around 13 - 28 episodes?

i know avatar isn't technically anime, but it is practically the same, so i included it. shorter animes are ok, but i an having summer break now, so i have a lot of spare time.

What do you mean "like Naruto". Do you mean as long as it, has ninjas, time skips, themes, plot twists, or what specifically?

i mean another good anime with action, one piece seems ok, but i am not sure.

inb4 Hyouka. 

Really, there's not anything really like Naruto (same with Bleach and Fairy Tail), but there are plenty of (better) anime that have some similarities to it. Are you just looking for something to do with Action and some sort of special powers? Or ninjas, long running anime etc.

i know avatar isn't technically anime, but it is practically the same, so i included it. shorter animes are ok, but i an having summer break now, so i have a lot of spare time.

you may like fairy tail, Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

inb4 Hyouka. 

Really, there's not anything really like Naruto (same with Bleach and Fairy Tail), but there are plenty of (better) anime that have some similarities to it. Are you just looking for something to do with Action and some sort of special powers? Or ninjas, long running anime etc.

I mean a long running action, i like having powers like in avatar and naruto, but that is not needed.

if you are almost done with naruto why not watch Naruto: Shippuden lol

I am, thats what i meant.

One Piece, Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto are arguably the 4 largest anime around. Obviously DragonBall, but in my mind, it doesn't qualify as an anime (not sure why).

Even though it is pretty overrated, you'll probably enjoy Sword Art Online.  Maybe give Black Bullet a try (it's onging though) Also, the two seasons of Magi are a good bet. 

I mean a long running action, i like having powers like in avatar and naruto, but that is not needed.

I am, thats what i meant.

There aren't any long running ones really. There's a few main ones (I mentioned some in my other post) Anime tend to be from 12 to 24 episodes. Only a few go very far beyond that. Most of the shorter anime either have ongoing or longer manga though. 

-snip-

Firstly, Hunter X Hunter. Trust me. Watch it. @ I'm done editing this post.

Deadman Wonderland (not long, but super powers and fighting, although it's very dark/gruesome)

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (sort of long, super powers, epic storyline, animation, and music, watch this if you haven't, you can skip Full Metal Alchemist though. Brotherhood isn't a sequel.)

Blood Lad (Not long, but super powers and fighting, and somewhat silly)

Beelzebub (sort of long, moar super powers, fighting, and I just generally enjoy the moe)

Question: Is length relevant? 

I enjoy One Piece. Back when it had 350-400 episodes, I spent an entire summer catching up from episode 1. I watched anime 12 hours (36 episodes) a day, 7 days a week for around 3-4 months. That's how long it took. I'm not even joking. Note that I was watching the new anime on top of catching up with One Piece. At 12 hours (36 episodes) a day, you can watch 360 episodes in 10 days. However, when new anime are coming out, and old anime are still releasing, it's start to realllly add up.

Honestly, One Piece is something I'd recommend watching if you are willing to deal with the drawn out.... well ... everything, but I would never recommend someone start from episode 1 now that it will have over 650+ in 2 weeks (it's at 649 now). Just no. All my no. 

If you want to try it anyway, there are a lot of movies/OVAs that basically take large portions of the anime and condense them into the important bits. You could also look up what episodes are pure filler and skip them entirely. That should cut it down a bit (30% roughly). 

@creativename I disagree. While you are technically correct, I would argue that the word cartoon carries a very different connotation to it than anime does. They are generally two different things that overlap in a lot of ways, but not all ways. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Anime is just a japanese word for cartoon. They're the same thing. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Technically, yes. However, it's actually an abbreviation of animation in Japanese and almost exclusively refers to Japanese Animation. 

I wouldn't class Avatar as an anime. Much in the same way I don't class the Simpsons as an anime, even though it technically is. 

I can't think of an anime that is less similar to Naruto xD

Your definitely right about that... 

qCeoGui.gif

I'm aware, however its been used to define animation specifically from japan. Therefore the use of the word is appropriate in this case.

GAmIMnj.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So... Baccano!, Durarara!!, Texhnolyze, Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai, Cowboy Bebop, the Gundam stuff, One Piece, Bleach, the Street Fighter anime and films; the Blazblue anime, the King of Fighters anime, the Devil May Cry anime, Hellsing, The Big O, Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist, Baki the Grappler, Code Geass, not an anime but an animated film: Sword of the Stranger; Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Ghost in the Shell, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan, Burst Angel, Black Rock Shooter, Blood+, Darker Than Black, D. Gray-man, Gantz, Kurozuka, RWBY, Speed Grapher, Ergo Proxy, Michiko to Hatchin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Black Cat, Trigun, Vampire Hunter D, and there's more out there that I don't know or remember. 

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

So... Baccano!, Durarara!!, Texhnolyze, Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai, Cowboy Bebop, the Gundam stuff, One Piece, Bleach, the Street Fighter anime and films; the Blazblue anime, the King of Fighters anime, the Devil May Cry anime, Hellsing [Watch the Ultimate OVAs, not the normal anime series], The Big O, Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist [brotherhood], Baki the Grappler, Code Geass, not an anime but an animated film: Sword of the Stranger; Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Ghost in the Shell, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan, Burst Angel, Black Rock Shooter, Blood+, Darker Than Black, D. Gray-man, Gantz, Kurozuka, RWBY, Speed Grapher, Ergo Proxy, Michiko to Hatchin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Black Cat, Trigun, Vampire Hunter D, and there's more out there that I don't know or remember.

This.... This is a good list. I +1 the boldened ones. Me not boldening it doesn't mean I don't recommend it. I haven't seen all of them.

My notes are the things in the []'s. 

Of the ones I've seen, Devil May Cry was sort of good, but meh at the same time. It didn't have Dante's suave nature from the games. I don't even know where to start with Gundam (literally, I don't know where to recommend start watching it or even if I should recommend it because I don't know that). Bleach isn't worth it after the Grimmjow fight imo. 

I would add the anime OVAs Karas: The Prophecy, and Karas: The Revelation. Those are their movie names. They are actually 6 OVAs, but they were also made into 2 separate movies that each cover 3 of the OVAs. The art style/fighting was great. 

I recommended Fairy Tail even though I haven't watched it. I just know it's like the other long fighting shounen anime (Naruto, Bleach, etc).

gXMZVN1.gif

.... This GIF man. I love this GIF. I neeeeed this GIF.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I recommended Fairy Tail even though I haven't watched it. I just know it's like the other long fighting shounen anime (Naruto, Bleach, etc).

Hmmm he's right Fairy Tail does have Naruto like vibe to it, I've watched it before. 

Kinda similar to one piece in a sense too. 

Using the same gif twice in one thread? I'm disappointed. 

snip

I dunno. Just felt like putting a gif.  :P

1364673661792.gif

Edit: I just remembered. Guyver, Zetman, Cyborg 009, and Kuroko no Basket. 

Basketball made badass. I guess I should recommend Prince of Tennis then.

giphy.gif