Naruto worth starting?

Almercenary

Basically title. I just finished watching another anime series and wondered if it was worth it. I heard there was a couple of filler seasons to. Anyone else here dig it?

Also are there any other good anime series to start watching. I'm in need!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Basically title. I just finished watching another anime series and wondered if it was worth it. I heard there was a couple of filler seasons to. Anyone else here dig it?

If you skip the fillter it isn't as bad as people give it credit for. I went through and watched it all (skipping filler).

I watched it I guess. I can say that much. It kept my attention. I wouldn't call it great though.

Better stuff to watch with the time you have to dedicate though. But if you have run out of stuff to watch and feel like following one that isn't horrible for several hundred episodes its probably the best choice.

If you skip the fillter it isn't as bad as people give it credit for. I went through and watched it all (skipping filler).

I watched it I guess. I can say that much. It kept my attention. I wouldn't call it great though.

Better stuff to watch with the time you have to dedicate though. But if you have run out of stuff to watch and feel like following one that isn't horrible for several hundred episodes its probably the best choice.

Got any recommendations? I'm in need.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Have you seen One Piece? But yeah you can skip the fillers and it's enjoyable.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

To add onto my previous post, it has some of the worst main characters ever. Power-of-friendship, emo, and whiney. But it has good side-characters and pretty solid villains.

Code Geass if you haven't.

Edit:

Log Horizon.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood/Non-brotherhood (they are both good but I prefer brotherhood)

Rurouni Kenshin (old anime that is a collection of short-stores that leads to what you can consider an ending)

No. There's a plethora of anime to better spend your time watching.

You could also just watch the only 3 episodes that matter: Ep 48-50 

FMA - Brotherhood

Gurren Lagann

Anohana

Clannad

GTO

The Monogatari Series

Steins; Gate

OtherStuff

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Code Geass isn't in that list.....

You wanna die?

It's pretty good and easy to cram down in a few days but isn't too high on my list of recommendations.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's pretty good and easy to cram down in a few days but isn't too high on my list of recommendations.

I'll see you in a few days.

I'll see you in a few days.

That's a long time to enjoy your fish Suzaku. 

No. There's a plethora of anime to better spend your time watching.

You could also just watch the only 3 episodes that matter: Ep 48-50 

FMA - Brotherhood

Gurren Lagann

Anohana

Clannad

GTO

The Monogatari Series

Steins; Gate

OtherStuff

Just finished everything to do with GTO including a bunch of episode breakdowns. Such a good series

That's a long time to enjoy your fish Suzaku. 

He pleases himself with the fish nonstop. 

Unending enjoyment.

Have you seen One Piece? But yeah you can skip the fillers and it's enjoyable.

Nah. Is it good?

Naruto Part 1, yes. Naruto Part 2 only if you really like Part 1. But, in my opinion, yes. It is a pretty good show. Obviously not as good as Dragon Ball or even Hunter x Hunter but whatever, it is enjoyable.

and lol @ the tryhards who voted no. We all know you love Naruto. :rolleyes:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Nah. Is it good?

Better than Naruto in my opinion, lots of adventure. Also to what others said, Full Metal has also my vote. I love Evangelion too, and if you haven't watch all of the Studio Ghibli movies do it.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I don't think any anime isn't worth watching. If you want alternatives, I have some - some of which are old and you might have seen them already - along with the forum's "Anime Club - Heaven Society". 

Texhnolyze - creepy, nihilistic anime about a boxer who ends ups getting tied up in an underworld of corruption.

Hyouka - @MyInnerFred loves this.  :D

Welcome to the NHK - one of the few anime adaptions that actually follows closely to the original which was a novel. It's about anxiety, society, hallucinations, abuse, and basically how everyday people deal with the craziness that is life.

Tamako Market - cute anime about a girl selling mochi... Don't judge me.

K-On! - anime about a high school band. 

Ghost in the Shell - a wicked anime that examines what happens to humanity when it becomes more machine.

Devil May Cry - fun, short, action-y anime based on the hack n' slash video game series.

Kannazuki no Miko - a take on the whole Orochi mythology. It's yuri, by the way... DON'T JUDGE ME!

Clannad - this will or may make you cry. It's a sweet story about a high school delinquent and how family and friends mean so much in life.

Angel Beats! - an anime that examines what happens to people after death, especially for those with regrets and connections to their life.

Samurai Champloo - awesome action anime with awesome music courtesy of Nujabes.

Not an anime, but more of a movie: Sword of the Stranger. This is a really wicked film that while is action-packed, uses subtle hints and flashbacks to develop the characters and show their motivations.

Cowboy Bebop - space gun-slinging action. What more can I say?

Hellsing. Do you like horrific, insane action? Then this bloodthirsty anime may be for you.

Afro Samurai. This is a "what if Samuel L. Jackson was in an anime". Yes, he's tired of the mothereffing idiots in the mothereffing country.

Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito. I keep forgetting to watch this. It's about a young lady who travels through worlds to find her sister who she has a crush on. Yes, it's that kind of anime... DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

Claymore - basically if Metroid involved multiple Samus's and was in the medieval age.

Berserk. Do I need to say anything?

Multiple Personality Detective Psycho. Never watched it and probably never will. It's gory, twisted, and overall: insanity fuel. Have fun.

And there's more that I can't think of.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I think its a good thing to watch if you want something long to watch as it is 580+ episodes if you start with the original and then watch Shippuden

FairyTail THE BEST!!1111!!11!!

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Naruto series is really really really long, if you have the time and patience you should whatch it, if not then tell us what kind of anime are you interested, like what type...

and maybe we will tell you, it can be old anime or even creepy anime anything

Well...idk. I stopped sometime in Shippuden and recently picked up the manga again so I'm missing a HUGE chunk, but it has its ups and downs. Its not bad, the filler is bad. With any anime being based off current running manga, that happens. 

All I can say as at least it didn't pull a bleach, and the ending coming out now in the manga is actually so far not bad, and actually makes sense, and made it feel like everything was working towards that, so I might pick it up again. Problem is I haven't watched anime in quiet a while and there is a lot of things I want to watch that I missed.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Almercenary, on 14 Jun 2014 - 9:37 PM, said:

Just finished everything to do with GTO including a bunch of episode breakdowns. Such a good series

I found this one very good.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand

OP and everyone else in the discussion might want to consider joining the Unofficial LTT Anime Club. We vote on series to watch on a weekly basis and share our thoughts on them. Take a look :P

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The Monogatari Series

Steins; Gate

Yep, these two for sure. 

If you start watching Naruto, it's going to take you a while to catch up to where it is at the moment, even if you skip all the fillers. It's good, but there are plenty of better anime to watch. 

Just a few of my favourite:

Monogatari Series

Steins;Gate

Hyouka

Another

Shiki

Mekaku City Actors (ongoing. You could read Kagerou Project too)

Mirai Nikki

Sidonia No Kishi (ongoing)