ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

Although this may not count, my favorite thing is the red accents all over the notebook. I personally have always liked Black/Metallic and Red designs.

It looks amazing, and the signatures just make it more stunning. Oh, and the IPS display. :)

I really like the black and red design and glorious IPS display

I've been waiting since the invention of laptops for a black aluminium laptop with red backlit keys, and it's finally arrived, and I must say it is as stunning as I'd imagined it to be.

my favourite thing about this laptop would have to be the aesthetics, I mean come on, it's a sexy piece of machinery is it not?

thanks for the review Linus, Love your work.

S.M.

Favorite thing is definitely the high quality aluminum build

My favorite things you pointed out in this review are the display, and the red accent that goes around the perimeter of the computer. Looks really sweet.

Looks are of course relative..I wish you'd had a review of the Lenovo Y50. I'd say it's a contender with this G550JK: similar pricing, same screen size. It's thinner though not by much, and has a GTX 860m. Unfortunately the FHD version has a pretty bad display.

My favourite thing about it are those signatures, my two favs Linus and Austin!

I like the red beveled edge and the keyboard ! 

I like the display, the fact that it's ok to view from diffrent angles is great.

The external speaker I think its a nice touch and no one is doing it. nice to see someone add in a little extra

I really like the brushed aluminum.

The best parts of the laptop for me are the great ips screen, and the relatively good battery life for a gaming laptop.

Decent amount of power for a package that size. 

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1lEjDVK

Amazon: http://geni.us/1IQe

The G550JK is a well-balanced machine that strikes a solid balance between form factor, looks, performance, and cost.

Alright, now onto the really good stuff. We have an ASUS G550JK (signed by some of the HighLANder attendees including Linus, Luke, Logan, and Austin) to give away to one lucky viewer! All you need to do to qualify is post your favourite thing about the G550JK from the review above in this thread and you can be selected at random to win this laptop!

Best of luck to everyone!

One entry per household.

The giveaway is worldwide and closes July 18th. The winner will be drawn LIVE on The WAN Show, so make sure you're watching at twitch.tv/linustech at 4:30pm Pacific on July 18th!

I love the looks of this laptop and how it still delivers enough power for gaming.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

I love the sleek look of the brushed aluminum and the red edges and the performance that it provides yet being portable.

My favourite thing about the G550JK is that I CAN take it anywhere to play games and look cool doing so.

I'd have to say the IPS display is what i like most about the laptop. Also the aluminum build is quite nice

The thing I love the most about this laptop is the ips display. I really feel bad for people who use tn panels because they just look so terrible in comparison to ips. I would love to have this laptop so I can game on the fly, and just stare at the awesome colours of the screen.

I love the brushed aluminum, the rog logo, the sweet red accents, and most of all all the signatures on a thing i would actually use! 

love the "AAAUGHHH!!!!" about it :D

I have a 17inch Asus G series purchased in 2010 that I love but it's on it's way out.  My favorite thing about the g550jk is the lower noise and heat!  The 17inch i have with the dual blowers is loud and hot!  Thing heats up the room around me!  Would love a new rig with better noise and thermals! =D

-Fry