ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

My favorite thing is the SWEET IPS display!

Keep it up linus (and... group?) !

___________________________________________________________________________________________

____

I love the looks of it, it's beautiful and the screen viewing angles that are great for a laptop

I love the overall look of the device, red and black is definitely a good choice.

The brushed metal design and the red trim on the laptop!

The red backlit keyboard is pretty nice in this laptop.

For me, it's the cover, really.

And it would be free! :-)

The signatures on the back of this model are awesome (definitely my fav. part)
Other than that, The 1080p IPS Display is really good.

I love the build, it quite slim and the red and black design looks amazing!

My favourite thing in the JK is weird. I know it has a powerful processor, powerful gpu, etc etc...but i get really frustrated with laptop audio.

Maybe this solution is the best!! An external subwoofer is great, but Linus said in the video that the onboard audio is already better than a normal laptop.

Overall, great laptop. And i'm a fan of the audio solution

The materials used, nice design and striking performance, its great in every way..

Everything seems great on this machine, but I have to say that the GPU is my favorite aspect. My processor is an i5-3300 3.0 Ghz, paired with a GT 610. It is not alright.

The fact you where playing doom on a mountain has to be the best feature of the laptop ... Or the signatures :)

i like how it looks

So recently my laptop broke and it was a high performance one that overheated to temps over 90-100 on average. As a college student this leaves me in a pickle but this also makes my favorite thing about this laptop the fact that it maxes out at around 80 in a stress test. Also it comes with a subwolfer and from what linus says a really great sounds system and im a music nerd hue~

My favorite thing about the Asus G550 JK is the sound and speaker implementation.  Very impressive for a notebook.  And just in general, the overall look of the notebook is badass... as I tend to find true on most ROG themed products.

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

It seems like a very well balanced gaming and work notebook. Love the design and size of the laptop as well, thanks for the review.

I like the brushed aluminium finish, also the signatures at the back.

This would be great for an on the go rig.

AMD FX-8320 @ 3.7GHz on Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 with 8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte HD7850, Seasonic S12 II 520W, 3x 250GB hard drives (yes, the spinning kind)

It seems like a very well balanced gaming and work notebook. Love the design and size of the laptop as well, thanks for the review.

It is miles better than my current portable computing solution, an ASUS f50 sf. Otherwise I would say the red bezel looks particularly nice.

Love the ips display! I have an ips monitor and now everything TN I look at looks like garbage..

Intel i5 4670k @4.2 GHz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz 16GB, Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8GB, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, NZXT Switch 810, Asus MX34VQ, Asus MX239H.