This Forum's Opinion of PewDiePie

NInety

people seem to mix up dislike and hatred on the internet allot.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

^^

Fixed my post, it looked as my paragraph was directed to you as well lol sorry. :)

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I dislike threads like this more than I do the Pewdiepie character. Not a fan of his character, but I'm sure the actual guy isn't bad. Just his character annoys me. Kinda the same meh feeling I get whenever there is a "better than Bieber" segment on the WAN show. It's well know certain people aren't well liked in general in this forum, why bother mentioning them?

TBH, I don't really think so, a lot of people hated him way before he was even within the top 10.

I think it is more of a situation as to he sky-rocketed to 1st place and got more views and just increased his overall fanbase but also people who just don't like his videos.

I watched his Amnesia videos and "Fridays with PDP" then just got sick of all of it.

I agree partially, I can't personally understand why someone's distaste for him/his content could ever escalate into hatred because the easy option to just not visit his channel and never see him again is always there.

Works for me, I don't like him or his videos but the idea of me actually hating him is ridiculous.

@Misanthrope I'm going to have to update my statement that I made yesterday when I said I had not witnessed censorship of profanity outside of that penguin thread, my first comment in this thread has been edited by somebody.

If I remember that post correctly that's.....odd to say the least.

-------

Current Rig

-------

i don't hate on him but it hink he doesn't deserve it, there are way better youtubers out there who have way less subs.

also he has 28 million subscribers but gets only like 3 million views a video, what is wrong with that?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

people hate him because he's rich IMO

lawl because you know 4.2 million a year is not ALL THAT MUCH!

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

If I remember that post correctly that's.....odd to say the least.

Yes, evidently a moderator entered the thread and disapproved of my use of the C word, could have at least capitalized the first letter of the sentence that was left behind IMO.

That is definitely instance no 1 that I've seen though.

This is the exact visual representation I had about his brofist pewbs community and him in general. Amazing.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I didn't laugh 'til 1:32 when I saw that comment. :P

If Pewdiepie actually made that comment, oh geez that's hilarious.

He actually did comment that, he made an apology video after. 

i don't hate on him but it hink he doesn't deserve it, there are way better youtubers out there who have way less subs.

also he has 28 million subscribers but gets only like 3 million views a video, what is wrong with that?

Psh, 'only.' YouTube is pretty good at stopping fake accounts these days, especially with someone like the number 1 YouTuber. A lottttt of people who subscribe never watch the channel again, or even visit YouTube sometimes. Look at Linus's videos, he has nearly 1 million subscribers but his videos get less than 100k on upload unless it's particularly interesting. That's about a 10% subscriber return, which is pretty close with PewDiePie.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I was a fan of pewdiepie until it all got too repetitive and boring. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

He churns out so many rubbish, pointless videos that I don't watch half of them anymore. I've been watching the Corpse Party series only because I wanted to see what the game was like, but he's even annoying playing that. He can't seem to remember what he did 5 minutes ago and he gets worked up by the stupidest things... And he's been intentionally delaying each episode for some reason... Which also annoys me.

I still think he is a nice person - the few vlogs he has uploaded show that - but the gaming videos are getting really samey now. He's uploaded about 8 simulator videos in a row now :/ I just refuse to watch any of the cheap stuff.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

There is no justification for actually hating a youtuber, you don't know these people and you can ignore them easily. I've never watched a video of pewdiepie and I don't think that I ever will, since the tiny bits that I've seen so far made me cringe. I'm absolutely certain that I'm not the target audience for his content and that's fine. However, if you are a grown man/woman and you tell me that you watch his content regularly then I'll instantly lose a bit of respect for you.

There are games that he can play and make a good let's play of. Scribblenauts for example.

And there are games which he just ridicules and can't let's play well. Like... The Forest.

So guys.... just watch the LPs of games that fit his style, you know everything else is bad, fine then don't watch it. :D

who cares...

Hate is not the word, but his screaming is just annoying, I see no reason to like him.

Hate is not the word, but his screaming is just annoying, I see no reason to like him.

Changed op ;)

Changed op ;)

Eh, why VS?

I don't want to fight him. -_-

Eh, why VS?

I don't want to fight him. -_-

changing op again. :SSSS

I don't like his videos, but you gotta give credit where it's due. He knows what he's doing, he's trying hard, and he knows how to grab attention & support of his viewerbase (*cough kids)

I don't watch him, but it is not the sort of content I am looking to watch

He is clearly doing something right, and he works very hard, he puts up TONS of videos, he knows what his audience wants, he constantly keeps in touch with his fans and he is obviously doing a great job.

Everybody "famous" that has a large fan club, also has a large group of haters too. 

One youtuber can not appeal to everyone, just because his content does not float your boat is no reason to hate on the guy. If he annoys you, dont watch him, his videos are not being made for you. I am sure he finds you just as irritating. 

The only reason he is successful is because people watch him, HE is not to blame, the people watching him made him who he is and how big he is.

Hey if 25 million people want to watch him, clearly the people on this forum are in the minority. And that is ok, you are not being asked to like him. there are a billion other youtube channel for you to watch, or you know, turn the internet off and do something else with your life instead of wasting energy on a guy making random videos on the net

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That definitely sums up his videos. :lol:

I don't "hate" him, I dislike his personality in the videos for many different reasons. He's annoying, he's not funny, he does and says really stupid things and makes "jokes" about everything, squeals into his headset with enough force to bust out my eardrums and has the world's worst fan base. They will literally threaten to kill you over this guy and as far as I have seen, he doesn't even care his fans think this way.

I honestly don't see how fanboys people can assume that all people who dislike this guy hates him for his money. I could care less that he makes millions. I care that his "humor" is absolutely horrible.

*one of his high pitch screams drove my cat insane once

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Omg, all of this hate towards him. I really like his content and himself as a youtuber. And one other thing - if you want to hate him do it if you want, but don't abuse his watchers (me included) if you want to say something about him here...

pewdiepie is amazing at what he is doing. he could make people actually smile. even myself for that matter.
just as our leader linus, he makes us smile.....kind of......or not at all..... but be very smart and informative
we all enjoy linus and those other 28mil people enjoy pewds, and youtube is not you should just pick one, hell i am subsribed to a lot of youtubers including pewds and linus

oh and hello to you all, third post today:)