This Forum's Opinion of PewDiePie

NInety

honestly i didnt even know he was rich?  he's not funny, his fans are brainless 13 year olds who probably still giggle uncontrollably whenever somebody says the word poop.  i dont enjoy his content so i dont watch it. that simple. i dont hate him, i just think he's annoying as fuck and wanna punch him in the throat everytime i end up hearing his intro

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

He's too loud most of the time :/

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I think I watched like, 2 or 3 of his videos... His personality isn't one that I enjoyed watching. To me he's like Ray William Johnson all over again, I know he exist, I saw a bit of his content, but I don't get the fuss about him nor why he's so popular. My guess is Youtube recommend his content the most so that new people come across him before seeing anybody else.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Honestly couldn't care less about him, or any other lets play youtuber. Their content is so easy to make, they upload it daily and earn lots of dollas for it (because why not). I really don't enjoy lets plays that are millions of episodes split into 10 minutes segments, like why would I even watch that. I've seen couple of his videos, nothing poticular. I'm just glad it's him and not that obnoxious Tobuscus, I really dislike Tobuscus.

I think that the reason why he is so far ahead of everyone in subscribers is because his name is blasted all around YouTube. 

If you just created a brand new YouTube channel, YouTube sends you a pop-up telling you "Channels that you will like" and PewDiePie is the first one. Also, on your channel, it is default that your recommended channels is PewDiePie and Smosh and all those channels (The top five most subscribed channels.)

How ever, YouTube did not start doing this as soon as he started his YouTube channel so he did something right to get him to that point. He plays games that people of all ages and genders can play. For instance, Rooster Teeth, (who I have been watching for years) is not suitable for a 10 year old kid. The things that they play, say and do are just something that I would never let my 10 year old kid play/listen/do. PewDiePie plays some games that are like that but a lot of them are also for all ages. 

Me personally, I don't like him. I just hate how he does his intro's. It annoys me right of the bat.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

honestly i didnt even know he was rich?  he's not funny, his fans are brainless 13 year olds who probably still giggle uncontrollably whenever somebody says the word poop.  i dont enjoy his content so i dont watch it. that simple. i dont hate him, i just think he's annoying as fuck and wanna punch him in the throat everytime i end up hearing his intro

Like i said don't abuse me - i am one of his viewers and nope i am not 13 year old etc. so really get some culture, also if you don't like his content just don't watch it, it's that simple there are many peoples that are like that youtube channel

I think that the reason why he is so far ahead of everyone in subscribers is because his name is blasted all around YouTube. 

If you just created a brand new YouTube channel, YouTube sends you a pop-up telling you "Channels that you will like" and PewDiePie is the first one. Also, on your channel, it is default that your recommended channels is PewDiePie and Smosh and all those channels (The top five most subscribed channels.)

How ever, YouTube did not start doing this as soon as he started his YouTube channel so he did something right to get him to that point. He plays games that people of all ages and genders can play. For instance, Rooster Teeth, (who I have been watching for years) is not suitable for a 10 year old kid. The things that they play, say and do are just something that I would never let my 10 year old kid play/listen/do. PewDiePie plays some games that are like that but a lot of them are also for all ages. 

Me personally, I don't like him. I just hate how he does his intro's. It annoys me right of the bat.

The reason why it is showing his videos as "what you will like" is because you probably had to watch video with similar content to his, or his own, when it showing channel as recommended usually it's because one of channels that you are subscribed to is recommending it or of course if you watched his videos before. And as you said he didn't start with millions of views - he started youtube career as any other youtuber - slowly increasing his number of viewers that like him and what he is doing - so if anyone think that his jokes are bad (i know many of them are) make your own youtube channel with similar content and if your videos will be more funny than his i will gladly watch you, if not just stop abuse everyone that are more successful than you only because he is making that much money :)

Like i said don't abuse me - i am one of his viewers and nope i am not 13 year old etc. so really get some culture, also if you don't like his content just don't watch it, it's that simple there are many peoples that are like that youtube channel

The reason why it is showing his videos as "what you will like" is because you probably had to watch video with similar content to his, or his own, when it showing channel as recommended usually it's because one of channels that you are subscribed to is recommending it or of course if you watched his videos before. And as you said he didn't start with millions of views - he started youtube career as any other youtuber - slowly increasing his number of viewers that like him and what he is doing - so if anyone think that his jokes are bad (i know many of them are) make your own youtube channel with similar content and if your videos will be more funny than his i will gladly watch you, if not just stop abuse everyone that are more successful than you only because he is making that much money :)

This is a brand new channel that I just created. I have not watched a video, liked a video or anything like that. I signed in to YouTube and this is the second page I got. (The first goes to your personal channel. Then you click the big YouTube button in the top left and it takes you to YouTube home. 

Click here.

This is the channel and on the right, you see "Popular Channels" and there is PewDiePie at #1. Well PewDiePie is popular so that's not the problem, but if you choose to take that down, no body else can put your personal channel in their " Features Channels".

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

This is a brand new channel that I just created. I have not watched a video, liked a video or anything like that. I signed in to YouTube and this is the second page I got. (The first goes to your personal channel. Then you click the big YouTube button in the top left and it takes you to YouTube home. 

Click here.

This is the channel and on the right, you see "Popular Channels" and there is PewDiePie at #1. Well PewDiePie is popular so that's not the problem, but if you choose to take that down, no body else can put your personal channel in their " Features Channels".

Ok, i didn't know that - you are absolutely right, but there is something called "recommended channels" - you can put there channels that you want to recommend to your viewers (if you go to "my channel" at the right side you will find it (i found pewdiepie's channel because of that)

Ok, i didn't know that - you are absolutely right, but there is something called "recommended channels" - you can put there channels that you want to recommend to your viewers (if you go to "my channel" at the right side you will find it (i found pewdiepie's channel because of that)

It's fine advertising him. I mean, he is the most subsribed channel and probably makes YouTube a lot of money. But don't advertise him as "recommended" because YouTube knows nothing about me. (On a new channel. I have been on YouTube for 6 years.)

It's like you go to a website (Microsoft is a good example) and about 5 seconds on being the website, you get a pop up asking to take a survey about how the website is....

My Computer

Beef Cake

It's fine advertising him. I mean, he is the most subsribed channel and probably makes YouTube a lot of money. But don't advertise him as "recommended" because YouTube knows nothing about me. (On a new channel. I have been on YouTube for 6 years.)

It's like you go to a website (Microsoft is a good example) and about 5 seconds on being the website, you get a pop up asking to take a survey about how the website is....

I didn't mean you get that because of recommendation system - i meant that someone else can as one of possibilities if they are subscribed to someone :) - i get your point and as i said i didn't know about that "most popular" bar (as far as i remember there was not such thing when i was creating my youtube account - at least in "my subscriptions" panel) :)

i get that theres lots of people that like it, he has tons of viewers, good for him. and i like i said, i dont watch his content.  i never "abused" you directly. i made a blanket statement which obviously will have some exceptions, however from your comment and your direct personal attacks, you are not one of those exceptions. 

and he doesnt get abuse for being rich the "if you think its not funny i'd like to see you do better" is bullshit. he should be proud of what he's done, got money, lots of fans, good for him. i have no interest in making content especially solely to try to outdo him. he gets abuse for being an annoying twat

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

mehh stopped caring along time ago.(somewhere right after my birth)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

i get that theres lots of people that like it, he has tons of viewers, good for him. and i like i said, i dont watch his content.  i never "abused" you directly. i made a blanket statement which obviously will have some exceptions, however from your comment and your direct personal attacks, you are not one of those exceptions. 

and he doesnt get abuse for being rich the "if you think its not funny i'd like to see you do better" is bullshit. he should be proud of what he's done, got money, lots of fans, good for him. i have no interest in making content especially solely to try to outdo him. he gets abuse for being an annoying twat

Yes you did abused me (again in this post), and i am not attacking directly, but just saying that you are insulting me (twice - yep in first one not directly, but still...) so if you don't have specific statistics forgive yourself that stupid statements and yep that "do it yourself" was stupid - agree, but still he found a very good way to entertain peoples in youtube and calling him "annoying" is somewhat miss adjective (like i said i know some of his jokes aren't funny - for others might be, but he have very big sense of humor and annoying not really suite him) annoying i might call something that i can't change, but i have to live with it - in his case it's all about just not watching that videos :)

I don't like his videos, because he yells too much and every 2nd word is. sh** fu**...

My favorite Youtuber is Gronkh, he is more professional.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I dislike his content, but it could never escalate to hatred because I simply do not visit his channel and watch his videos, as is the same with any other channel that isn't to my taste.

This , I can avoid him so I've no reason to hate him. If I was stuck in the same room as the guy for an hour I might hate him but he hasn't done anything to me so why would I hate him.

Its exactly like that celebrity thread awhile back people hating on celebrates who don't effect them in the slightest too much effort in my honest opinion.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I don't really like pewdiepie, whenever I watch him I feel like my IQ drops 10 points. :P

Never watched him, infact never really heard about him.

I kinda stay away from "Gaming" Channels as I'd rather play the games myself rather than watching someone else play it. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

He do make fun videos nevertheless , I've never seen him being overly rude, just the right amount. he aknowledges his audience everytime when he oes it (probably his manager forces him to but who knows?)

He's probably a good guy i presume & he is good with other fellow/rival youtube partners, doesn't try to start undermining them , meh slightly anyways. But who cares anyways, if he's not there someone'll replace him, & the cycle goes on & on

Details separate people.