Signal Beta Invites Going Out This Weekend

Now that just sounds awesome! @LinusTech WAN Show topic?

Of course I personally will most likely end up hosting my own Signal but will it cost for others to store them in the "cloud" (I hate that term...)

I'm sure we could give a special sign-up link for a show like this. Just finished watching on youtube. We need tech savvy users who can help evangelize and give feedback. Let me know who/what/where.

I'm sure we could give a special sign-up link for a show like this. Just finished watching on youtube. We need tech savvy users who can help evangelize and give feedback. Let me know who/what/where.

Well there's obviously @LinusTech (The person that owns this forum as well as anything else that has Linus in its name :P ) If he mentions this on the WAN Show tomorrow it will likely be a general overview.

Then there is Logan, Wendel, Qain, etc from Tek Syndicate. They will likely support this idea https://teksyndicate.com/ as it seems like it could make it harder for phone communications to be eaves dropped on (assuming a server and encryption are used) and they highly value privacy. They will also likely give the most technical explanation for how this works.

Other than those maybe MKBHD will be able to deliver a less techie version to the masses in a way that they can understand it and get behind it.

There are a few more but I sort of doubt they will cover this. Also I don't fully remember all of them and I don't feel like double checking if their names are spelled right. Anyways here are some of them:

pcper, austin evans, timmytechtv, techoftomorrow.

Appreciate all the sources, will check them out. Can't believe how big youtube channels have gotten.

@Slick might be interested at taking a look at this topic too, linus usually doesn't look at his tags all that often.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Now that just sounds awesome! @LinusTech WAN Show topic?

Of course I personally will most likely end up hosting my own Signal but will it cost for others to store them in the "cloud" (I hate that term...)

Forget just a topic, if Andy could find the time, maybe set up a WAN show interview to build more hype towards the subject. As I'm sure theirs a few people who follow the youtube channel and watch the WAN show who arent active on the forums.

Forget just a topic, if Andy could find the time, maybe set up a WAN show interview to build more hype towards the subject. As I'm sure theirs a few people who follow the youtube channel and watch the WAN show who arent active on the forums.

Where does one engage for such an interview? Thanks again...

You would have to contact @LinusTech or @Slick to verify that you are an industry affiliate.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

@LinusTech and @Slick both host a weekly show, The WAN Show, where they discuss technology news. It's hosted every Friday on twitch. Very recently they had an interview with someone from Intel, so I think it would be a great opportunity for you to get your message out there.

I think there's an affiliate email somewhere....

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I just wanted to let everyone know we have started a side project to release a chrome browser (at least) that will let anyone use and call with Signal. http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/signal

And I will be doing a Reddit AMA next Tuesday http://www.signal.org/ask-me-anything-tuesday-july-15th-2pm-est/

Thanks for the discussion here...