PCI-E 2.1 Bandwidth, is 4x really bad? [Crossfire]

Internet Swag

My mobo supports Crossfire, but the second lane will run at 4x, is this a big problem? 

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

You should be fine, i am running 6970's in crossfire, 1 at 16X and the other one at 4X, haven't experienced any problems with it, the gpu's can be both pushed to their limit.

If you use dual-gpu cards, can it cost you a bit of performance, but you should be fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

fine is a very loose word for CrossFire configs especially with 4x PCI-E ver 2.0

many complain that even with dual 280X

users getting like a small increase on fps with the same resolution before they when dual GPU

note this is on stable games like Crysis and Metro Last night

it is better to look for slightly better mobo which supports at least 8x PCI-E 3.0 for dual gpu configs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

SNip

NVRMInd.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well it depends on how bandwidth hungry the card you want to CF is. You currently have a 7850 (according to your sig) so I'd imagine you want to CF a 270 or 7850? If so you'll be fine, you might loose a few FPS but that's about it.

on mid range cards you may or may not feel the difference

the performance will really suffer when you try to X-Fire with higher tiers cards like the HD7950/280, HD7970/280X and above cards

do remember to verify your boards maximum PCI-E lanes before you try doing any multi GPU configs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.