so i bought a 3d printer

bob345

And it is awesome. I decided to take the plunge and buy a seemecnc 3d printer kit(http://seemecnc.com/products/rostock-max-complete-kit). It took me roughly 15 hours to complete. Now this is not a project i would recommend to someone who is not very familiar with wiring and soldering. It definitely takes some skill to get it assembled properly but luckily i got it all working in one shot. It is a pretty awesome 3d printer not just because it is a 3d printer, but because of how it is built. the delta arm design is very cool to watch working and it has its benefits too. Instead of moving the entire build plate along the x or y axis, the only part that moves is the print head which in turn makes the moving mass extremely light weight compared to that of a normal 3d printer. even though this is my first 3d printer, i was able to get some very high quality parts printed right out of the gate. I think i found my new obsession lol.

here is the 3d printer

temporary-18.jpg

and here are a few prints that came out great

temporary-20.jpg

^^ first successful print

temporary-19.jpg

temporary-21.jpg

and also this headphone holder I finished about an hour ago

temporary-22.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

May I contract you for 500 USB butt plugs?

that might take a while haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1000$ for those specs

its awesome

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The print quality on that thing look real sweet  :)

Oh and if it interest you this piece looks pretty awesome, more desk trinkets! (skip to end for item):

The print quality on that thing look real sweet  :)

Oh and if it interest you this piece looks pretty awesome, more desk trinkets! (skip to end for item):

the layer height is only at .25mm wit this prints too. I have yet to do a full print at .1mm because it takes so damn long haha. I may try that T. Rex skull though. Looks pretty cool

Nice job! I have one, but much cheaper (around $359). But I have to assemble them up myself.

3D printing is really time killing.

This is the one I printed:

09xUib5.jpg?1

Didn't Linus suggest his viewers would get those and put his face on them?

WE CAN'T LET HIS PREDICTIONS ABOUT US BE FALSE !!!!!

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Do you think you could print fan blades with that thing? I have a fan that you can remove the blade it would be pretty neat to test different designs.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Print a TITAN-Z video tape your self in all black clothes wearing an Obama mask breaking it send to Nvidia mission complete

And it is awesome. I decided to take the plunge and buy a seemecnc 3d printer kit(http://seemecnc.com/products/rostock-max-complete-kit). It took me roughly 15 hours to complete. Now this is not a project i would recommend to someone who is not very familiar with wiring and soldering. It definitely takes some skill to get it assembled properly but luckily i got it all working in one shot. It is a pretty awesome 3d printer not just because it is a 3d printer, but because of how it is built. the delta arm design is very cool to watch working and it has its benefits too. Instead of moving the entire build plate along the x or y axis, the only part that moves is the print head which in turn makes the moving mass extremely light weight compared to that of a normal 3d printer. even though this is my first 3d printer, i was able to get some very high quality parts printed right out of the gate. I think i found my new obsession lol.

here is the 3d printer

This is really cool man. How long did the headphone holder take to print and how sturdy is it?

When you fart it must sound like a bomb went of in the Grand Canyon. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Do you think you could print fan blades with that thing? I have a fan that you can remove the blade it would be pretty neat to test different designs.

i probably could. i may actually try this at some point. cool idea

i probably could. i may actually try this at some point. cool idea

Nice let me know if you do. I don't know much about 3D printers but can you scan 3D models and make copy of things?  If so i'm buying one lol.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Sweet! I have considered buying one on a number of occasions. There is just so much fun to be had with one. I'm a little jealous.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Nice let me know if you do. I don't know much about 3D printers but can you scan 3D models and make copy of things?  If so i'm buying one lol.

3d laser scanners are around, but not nearly as cheap as today's 3d printers. :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro