STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Not sure if people have brought this up already but the Portal Bundle with both games is only $5 for the next 2 days. These were the last games I was planning on getting before the Sale started and might be the last thing I buy :)

There are people on this planet who don't own both portal games? Just, how?

There are people on this planet who don't own both portal games? Just, how?

I built my first computer a couple months ago and wasn't big into gaming before that so I've got a lot of catching up to do :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Bought both Torchlight games recently on sale for about $9 total.

Haven't played a RPG dungeon crawler since Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicles.

Bought both Torchlight games recently on sale for about $9 total.

Haven't played a RPG dungeon crawler since Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicles.

TL2 is a great example of the genre, I have a couple chars levelled up a bit, if you want a shadow (game has good coop) I might be down to join in depending on what time of day it is. :)

TL2 is a great example of the genre, I have a couple chars levelled up a bit, if you want a shadow (game has good coop) I might be down to join in depending on what time of day it is. :)

Sure that would be great, but I will like to play-through and finish TL1 first, don't want to get spoiled by all the extra features TL2 has before playing the first. 

Sure that would be great, but I will like to play-through and finish TL1 first, don't want to get spoiled by all the extra features TL2 has before playing the first. 

Sure, I'll PM my steam over if you want to add, might be cool to stick music in the chat from time to time. :)

Would anyone recommend Battlefield Bad Company 2 at this point? Is there an active multiplayer community?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Would anyone recommend Battlefield Bad Company 2 at this point? Is there an active multiplayer community?

Yes there is, but I'd choose BF3 over it as that has a much stronger community.

wtf all the teams are neck and neck.  How the hell is this not rigged??

wtf all the teams are neck and neck.  How the hell is this not rigged??

The competition has been completely unpredictable and ridiculous in it's entirety.

ccef6a09ff3b1a954d0e2e98614f4cae.png

It was a terrible idea to allow players to switch teams.  I think it would've been better if teams were randomized each day.

Whoo! I didn't think I could do it, but I reached level 8! I didn't get my promised Summer cards from voting, but oh well. Nice to see a level 8 next to my name. :D

Looks like Team Red will probably win again, also I hope the Zombies pack wins the vote. :wub:

It was a terrible idea to allow players to switch teams.  I think it wouldn't been better if teams were randomized each day.

That sounds a whole lot better. The same two teams are winning. Poor Team White's whole idea got ruined. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I hope the Zombies pack wins the vote.

If the others win, and you don't own Crysis get that, not only was it graphics masturbation for about 6 years but it's actually a really good game, one of my favourites in fact and definite favourite out of the 3.

If the others win, and you don't own Crysis get that, not only was it graphics masturbation for about 6 years but it's actually a really good game, one of my favourites in fact and definite favourite out of the 3.

I have Crysis 2 so I understand how fun the game can be (and how visually beautiful it is), but the other three aren't titles I find very enjoyable so I voted for the pack that has other good games as well. :) Unless one pack has one super awesome game at an amazing deal, then I'll vote for that. :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Mkay, I just need a 1€ discount on ANY of the games on my wishlist to completely clear it. So, if Valdis Story, Enslaved, Ascendant or A Wizards Lizard go on sale I'm golden. Make it happen, oh mighty GabeN!

The Zombie pack won by just a little. I'm actually surprised. :o

Hmm, I'm curious what we'll see on the last day. Also, am I the only one who can't vote for the community choice anymore?

Hmm, I'm curious what we'll see on the last day. Also, am I the only one who can't vote for the community choice anymore?

Nope, the same for me. I'm assuming that was the last community package? If not, I hope it is up soon...

Nope, the same for me. I'm assuming that was the last community package? If not, I hope it is up soon...

Seems like it. Maybe they'll just put the most popular games on sale again as a pseudo "community" choice.

wtf no more community vote? I need 1 more to get my card dammit......

The last day of the Steam sale is usually "encore day", so expect repeats of popular games. IMO, this summer sale has been lackluster, at least compared to previous ones.

The last day of the Steam sale is usually "encore day", so expect repeats of popular games. IMO, this summer sale has been lackluster, at least compared to previous ones.

The same with me. I reached level eight and the last vote is my third vote.

"This really bites," as Stinky would say.

In the FAQ, it says there will be 29 community votes. So if you voted every single time, you would end up with 2 extra votes.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think have made my final purchases today. Orcs Must Die! Franchise Pack, Garry's Mod, Organ Trail: Director's Cut, State of Decay + DLC

and a bunch of sub $1 stuff to get rid of the change left in my Steam Wallet. Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Ghost Master, Legendary, Roogoo, Hydrophobia: Prophecy.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.