STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

If both those 2 DLCs cost $4.99 combined, then I wouldn't have much of a problem, but the fact that each of them cost the same as the main game disappoints me.

If both those 2 DLCs cost $4.99 combined, then I wouldn't have much of a problem, but the fact that each of them cost the same as the main game disappoints me.

It's because the game is old and the regular price has been heavily discounted already before being discounted further in the sale, as a result the main game is outlandishly cheap and the DLCs are merely good value.

hnng steam beginning to rape my wallet

Picked up Dishonored GOTY and Alice.

Strike Vector for 3$ making me feel bad about buying it on release lol.

Error: 410

Dishonored

It's in my top10 ever, awesome game, if you played/liked half life 2 then observe the scenery for influences, cos the HL2 art guy worked on Dishonored and it really shows in places.

You made a good decision today. :)

It's in my top10 ever, awesome game, if you played/liked half life 2 then observe the scenery for influences, cos the HL2 art guy worked on Dishonored and it really shows in places.

You made a good decision today. :)

First actual steam sale I cared about since I usually torrented.

I was always grateful I had a PC instead of a console, but what a time to be alive.

Trine 2

fk so cheap had to get that too

i'm starting to understand how so many people get conned by supermarket bogo and "sales"

Error: 410

Basically what Askew said. >

It's because the game is old and the regular price has been heavily discounted already before being discounted further in the sale, as a result the main game is outlandishly cheap and the DLCs are merely good value.

The base price of $4.99 for the game and two of the DLC (the other is $1) is still a steal at that price even if you have to pay that $4.99 for each of the two DLC. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

it's not a good deal if you've already own the base game, like I do.  Those 2 DLCs cost $10, which is 20cents shy of GOTY edition which includes everything.  Sure if you don't have the game already, get the GOTY edition, which is a good deal.  However, in my case, I'd rather spend the 10 bucks on other games than 2 DLCs.

it's not a good deal if you've already own the base game, like I do.  Those 2 DLCs cost $10, which is 20cents shy of GOTY edition which includes everything.  Sure if you don't have the game already, get the GOTY edition, which is a good deal.  However, in my case, I'd rather spend the 10 bucks on other games than 2 DLCs.

They'll drop in time.

In this current flash, there is super cheap Trine 2, it's one of the best looking games of all time on any platform and is also a solid puzzle platformer, I recommend this one as an owner since launch and having also played the original Trine.

Seriously the game is beautiful.

Trine-2-Complete-Story-banner.png

Done! TY!

Dishonored and Alice: Madness returns. Now I like you again steam, keep the good deals coming.

I say start with the first game. It is still the best in the series, but 2 or Brotherhood is good too. I personally played the others for a few hours and never returned to them.

AC1 Is awfully repetitive, but I really like the setting. The best AC (haven't played black flag yet) would be brotherhood IMO. They really nailed the mechanics there and it was the last AC that tried to innovate in some way.

AC1 Is awfully repetitive, but I really like the setting. The best AC (haven't played black flag yet) would be brotherhood IMO. They really nailed the mechanics there and it was the last AC that tried to innovate in some way.

I consider AC1 better because of the story, acting and characters. AC2 and Brotherhood were great because the characters were so fleshed out (especially Ezio) but the story wasn't as strong (or the setting) as AC1 I felt. Of course I'm not saying AC2 and Brotherhood are bad games in comparison...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Does anyone know if Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have controller support?

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

LOL watchdog part of new flash sales and there's NO discount

EDIT: ok looks like they fixed the price.....hahaha only 20% off 

wow what an amazing baragain

I've been playing Assassin's Creed on PC with my Xbox 360 controller yes, I don't know about Mass Effect but you could take a look at the store page of the specific game.

For ME games; I don't think those games have native support. But using controllers is entirely possible, still. I played AC1 with a controller though, so I know it supports it.

Ascred games all have native support for 360 controllers, none of the ME games do, you have to use a 3rd party app like Xpadder to make a controller profile so it's not impossible to use one with ME games it's just a pain in the ass and doesn't work as well as native support like on xbox 360 for instance.

Alright, that's it. I can't do it. They just had to put "Long Live the Queen" in the Flash Sale. If Titans are Eren Jaeger's trigger, then pink haired anime girls are mine (in a "I must consume media" kind of way). I've wanted that for a while. If I can justify paying another $2.50 for that, I can justify buying Dishonored for $5. If I can justify buying Dishonored for $5, I can justify buying the GOTY edition for $10 with all DLC. 

Me right now (swap "An Engagement Ring" with "Repairing my Vehicle"):

14333034260_2d5ae54a77_o.png

And this, kids, is how you end up spending all your money on the Steam Sale. It just escalates and there's nothing you can do about it, but shut up and play video games.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Does anyone have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Digital Deluxe Edition? Is the extra content worth it?

I knew he would grow weak....

And I grow weaker still.

14519153382_8029e12359_o.png

If you are wondering why, I needed some good FPS games that support Split Screen/Local Co-op. You'd be surprised how hard that is to find on PC. Some games have it, but narrowing it down by both "Local Co-op" and "FPS" makes the list realllly short. 

L4D2 supports it, but only if you do some configuring, which I don't want to bother with yet. Same with Garry's Mod and other Source games. So I figured "Screw it." and just bought them. 

Ramen noodle mode initiated. :|<Subject to change in 1 hour and 29 minutes>

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

<Subject to change in 1 hour and 29 minutes>

Resi 6 has it's fair share of nay sayers, but I personally know of some people who love it and consider it a great game even if not a great Resi game.

And yes, new deals ever so soon indeed, your wallted can remain in the deepest corner of your pockets for only so long. ^_^

Resi 6 has it's fair share of nay sayers, but I personally know of some people who love it and consider it a great game even if not a great Resi game.

And yes, new deals ever so soon indeed, your wallted can remain in the deepest corner of your pockets for only so long. ^_^

IKR. I heard it was bad, and that 5 was very bad for a Resi game. I'll see how it goes. I loved 4. So very much. I figured Zombies + Guns + Co-op= fun.

Yep. 

Interestingly, Steam allows you to control installs on your PC from the Website, meaning I can see how far something is in downloading, or tell other things to download as well. However, they don't let you manage multiple Steam Libraries. 

Like, ok, I have 1 library on my HDD, and 1 on my SSD. HDD is for long term storage, and SSD is for actually playing the games. However, you can't decide where a game installs. You can only decide if it does or not. That is irritating. :| Specifically for me because my SSD is full now. Great.

† Christian Member †

Like, ok, I have 1 library on my HDD, and 1 on my SSD. HDD is for long term storage, and SSD is for actually playing the games. However, you can't decide where a game installs. You can only decide if it does or not. That is irritating. :| Specifically for me because my SSD is full now. Great.

This does not prompt for an option when you go to install a game? I install all my games to one drive so I've never encountered the issue.

9898f521994aed7ace3a15e572703b54.png

a84cce9ec2279884cf64644f7ebd1f89.png