"Gamers are not criminals and they do not need DRM" -GOG

Dietrichw

When you buy a game from GOG, the (mostly) retro download shop, you download a standalone installer and install it. That's it.

Compare that to Steam: you install the Steam client through which you buy, install and launch the game. You can play in Offline Mode but you still need to activate the game online at least once. Steam is inherently DRM, however super duper you perceive it to be.
That was the difference - that and the game clientele - between the two platforms. But when GOG announced a client of its own - GOG Galaxy - earlier this month, that fundamental difference was brought into question.

GOG is looking better to me

"Our industry should be cherishing and treating all gamers with respect, those people who pay our wages, servers, development projects and what not. Instead, we just make it frustrating for them to buy games. How schizophrenic is that?

"DRM is not protecting any product," he added. "It is harming your fans and your brands in the long run."

Now going to install GOG and trying to guess what my password was from when I got the first fallout game for free from GOG

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-gamers-are-not-criminals-and-they-do-not-need-drm

This has been their stance for a long time, it is certainly good, but it's not news.

Installing? The client has not been released yet as far as I know.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Suit yourself, I am more so frustrated by the few games I play that aren't on Steam

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

So installing games with steam is frustrating?

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I'll keep Steam thank you, I have no problems with it and it seems those that do are just whining. Instead we should focus our efforts on shutting down Origin.

big deal, 90% of steam games are bought and downloaded online so making the activation process out to be a hindrance or issue is just marketing crap,  ignore it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'll keep Steam thank you, I have no problems with it and it seems those that do are just whining. Instead we should focus our efforts on shutting down Origin.

I don't mind origin. What I hate with a passion is uplay. I reinstalled it, and my ac4 save games where gone even though uplay still showed the progression and supposedly has saved it  in the cloud. What actually happened was the cloud save was giving people problems so they decided to disable it without telling anyone for ac4. So because they have lazy fucks for devs, hundreds of people lost their game saves.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I don't mind origin. What I hate with a passion is uplay. I reinstalled it, and my ac4 save games where gone even though uplay still showed the progression and supposedly has saved it  in the cloud. What actually happened was the cloud save was giving people problems so they decided to disable it without telling anyone for ac4. So because they have lazy fucks for devs, hundreds of people lost their game saves.

I never use UPlay so I wouldn't know I only have 2 Ubisoft games and I rarely play them. Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell Conviction. So I don't have anything to hate them for.

This, I hate uplay, You cannot play an online game of might and magic unless you want to play the whole thing through because uplay cannot cloud sync the save games,  every time it tries it either fails or corrupts the save game in the process.  A 5 year issue they refuse to fix. (probably means they need new servers which they can't afford).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I prefer the guilty until proven guilty mindset. It makes life ever so wonderful. Note the sarcasm.  :D 

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I prefer the Steam DRM to managing my games with folder or something.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

To gog.com

Re: If you're so fucking cool why did you accepted regional pricing? That's just as shitty of an anti-consumer tactic as DRM when dealing with close to 0 costs digital content.

Sincerely,

Not buying it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have no problems with Steam either. I actually like the idea of a client to keep all my product keys stored and in an easy place to get to.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Attatafuckingboy

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)