ExPreview: GTX 880 To Feature 512 bit Bus

SinOfLiberty
The latest progress display GM204 core will match 256bit wide, the same as before the GK104, and Ultimate will have 512bit wide, texture units also increased from 240 to 384, GTX 880 or even integrated Enterprise Edition 8 64-bit ARM v8 core, mainly for HPC high-performance computers.

Source: http://www.expreview.com/34078.html

Oh look. A somewhat nearly believable Nvidia rumor.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

AMD R9's already do...

Ah, hurry up Nvidia!

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

BS, couple days ago, a thread saying 800 series to be Cheaper and much fatser than current 700 series, and now this <_<

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Roses are red

Violets are blue

That site is not in English

and the rumor smells of cow poo

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Just wait tell it really comes out, then you will now the truth for sure :D

Everybody and their momma has to spit out what it could be with it not even being announced yet. come on now.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

BS, couple days ago, a thread saying 800 series to be Cheaper and much fatser than current 700 series, and now this <_<

That rumour is reported by a lot of places and it could be true this also seems plausible as AMD's cards already come with it.

That rumour is reported by a lot of places and it could be true this also seems plausible as AMD's cards already come with it.

well, yeah, the fact the nVidia's next Gen will implement 512bit bus is undisputed, it has to, to compete with the 290/X that already have it, but for the prices, ain't gonna believe nothing till something is annonced by nVidia theme selves or some other trusted sorces

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

So it seems like there's going to be a cut down shitty "flagship" card that basically a 870 with more cores, then what sounds like a Titan edition that'll be the proper flagship that'll cost £800.

F*** you Nvidia

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

well, yeah, the fact the nVidia's next Gen will implement 512bit bus is undisputed, it has to, to compete with the 290/X that already have it, but for the prices, ain't gonna believe nothing till something is annonced by nVidia theme selves or some other trusted sorces

Well AMD has that wide of a bus because their memory is 2 GHz slower than Nvidia's (in counterparts like the 290x vs 780 Ti). I say a 512 Bit bus with 7+ GHz memory would be absolutely amazing.

This is how I visualize Nvidia reading these rumors, and people talking about it.

CqwsVKy.gif

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Well AMD has that wide of a bus because their memory is 2 GHz slower than Nvidia's (in counterparts like the 290x vs 780 Ti). I say a 512 Bit bus with 7+ GHz memory would be absolutely amazing.

true, AMD goes for Wide Memory Space and Bit bus and nVidia goes for Brut Ghz Power, boith combined, WOW, it's gonna rock

true, AMD goes for Wide Memory Space and Bit bus and nVidia goes for Brut Ghz Power, boith combined, WOW, it's gonna rock

And the efficiency... Gotta love technology sometimes.

And the efficiency... Gotta love technology sometimes.

oh yeah, forgot bout that, emagin a Card that delivers Better than 780Ti Performance with one 4Pin Power connector, that means a Maxwell Card that has two 8Pin Power connectors is gonna be clocked and OC like Crazy !

its hard to have stability with both, unless you have a stupidly oversized IMC. but with a process shrink, we will gain transistors for IMC, making it more powerful yes. i imagine 512bit at 6-7GHz will be achievable. plus a ginormous cache maxwell has... <3

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

its hard to have stability with both, unless you have a stupidly oversized IMC. but with a process shrink, we will gain transistors for IMC, making it more powerful yes. i imagine 512bit at 6-7GHz will be achievable. plus a ginormous cache maxwell has... <3

caurse, but still, very low power consumption, that what got to me, that's what i'm really exited about for Maxwell

caurse, but still, very low power consumption, that what got to me, that's what i'm really exited about for Maxwell

what im excited for is not the low power consumption, but rather the low perf/watt. i couldnt care less for a 75w 750ti... but having the performance of 660 in 75w is a deal for me. imagine all them performance in a 300W envelope

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

what im excited for is not the low power consumption, but rather the low perf/watt. i couldnt care less for a 75w 750ti... but having the performance of 660 in 75w is a deal for me. imagine all them performance in a 300W envelope

that's what i'm talking about, if the 750Ti with only 75W TDP dlivers the Performance of current 140~190W TDP, imagin the similar performance of a 780Ti SLI with 450W PSU; Awesome, amazing Bang for the buck and as you said, Performance per watage Value

As much as the efficiency is being hyped, I still won't accept a top-tier card that is less than 250W. That just means they're using the efficiency as an excuse to not give us the best they can do.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

As much as the efficiency is being hyped, I still won't accept a top-tier card that is less than 250W. That just means they're using the efficiency as an excuse to not give us the best they can do.

the cards have always been in the same power envelope, that depended on the tier... so it should stay the same. 250-300W for the 880

that sounds a bit non-sense, changing the architecture like we gon from ludachrisly power consuming fermi to kepler and it was a huge leap forwad, did it drop the performance lowering the power consumption, no it was  even better performing comparing 480 to 660 for example, and it's happening again, we're going from Kepler to Maxwell, this new architecture got yet another solution of lowering the Power consumption, and maitaning high perf, or even better, so don't harp about it mate, should harp about AMD not doing anything about there Cards power consumption even after these many Gens of GPUs and architectures, it's better performance but the Consumption is still freaking high, as are the Temps, well, even higher

That's not how it works. You can't have large processors and small transistors because the yields are terrible, and there would be a lot of delay in routing signals from one end of the chip to the other. So the chips themselves generally shrink.

However shrinking chips and keeping power draw the same increases the heat density which makes it much harder to keep chip temperatures under control.

If chip areas were cut in half (~30% reduction in transistor size) with the same heat output, it would be hard to have a 2-slot air cooled card without fan speeds being loud. You'd need more efficient and larger heat pipes which take up a lot of room.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

That's not how it works. You can't have large processors and small transistors because the yields are terrible, and there would be a lot of delay in routing signals from one end of the chip to the other. So the chips themselves generally shrink.

However shrinking chips and keeping power draw the same increases the heat density which makes it much harder to keep chip temperatures under control.

If chip areas were cut in half (~30% reduction in transistor size) with the same heat output, it would be hard to have a 2-slot air cooled card without fan speeds being loud. You'd need more efficient and larger heat pipes which take up a lot of room.

(As seen comparing intel cpu temperatures vs amd, or, a cpu vs a gpu... Size matters)