Can a cop know my name if I don't have criminal record?

StareX

You know that you got your licenses and such, and you don't have them on you and such, but you've never been arrested etc..

Can a cop, go into his little laptop, lookup my name and find a picture there? With all my details inside it?

I'm talking for Americans ONLY.. Please tell me ... if anyone knows.

(Having an argument with my friends :D)

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

He can't but the NSA can, complete with a search profile on several search engines from the past 10 years, every page visited and for how long and whatnot.

etc..

etc..

They should be able to, by your vehicle registration or just by searching a license/social security database. Though not sure at all about America. It would be very surprising if they couldn't though.

He can look up your facebook profile if you have one. And yes, that vehicle is registered to you so they know EXACTLY what your name is and your basic credentials, not sure about a picture though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I need a full explantion of this, guys, lets keep this serious.. I'm talking about that laptop .. I need a "Yes" or "Nope".. and if possible, a full website that explains it.

Ask me anything.

Uh.....

You do realize that as soon as you are born, your name is already entered in the system, right?

I mean, it's not like a cop will suddenly be Santa Clause and know if you are naughty and nice just by looking at you, but your records are already in a data base that isn't really that hard to access regardless if your record is clean or not. Did you think everyone is suddenly immune from the government by default or something? It's not a matter of knowing who you are, it's a matter if they care about digging deeper.

Uh.....

You do realize that as soon as you are born, your name is already entered in the system, right?

I mean, it's not like a cop will suddenly be Santa Clause and know if you are naughty and nice just by looking at you, but your records are already in a data base that isn't really that hard to access regardless if your record is clean or not. Did you think everyone is suddenly immune from the government by default or something? It's not a matter of knowing who you are, it's a matter if they care about digging deeper.

I know.. but a cop got an MDC laptop inside his Cruiser.. CAN he type my name in there and FIND out my PICTURE and My NAME? without criminal records?

Ask me anything.

You know that you got your licenses and such, and you don't have them on you and such, but you've never been arrested etc..

Can a cop, go into his little laptop, lookup my name and find a picture there? With all my details inside it?

I'm talking for Americans ONLY.. Please tell me ... if anyone knows.

(Having an argument with my friends :D)

ya, if you have an ID, they can look you up if they have your name.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I know.. but a cop got an MDC laptop inside his Cruiser.. CAN he type my name in there and FIND out my PICTURE and My NAME? without criminal records?

yes

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

If you have an ID of any kind, State wise, not school wise,then yes when they run your name all the info on your ID shows up  along with any  out standing tickets, missed court dates, and if you have a bench warrant for you arrest etc....

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

If you have a Drivers Licence, Permit, State ID Card, Are a Registered Owner of a Motor Vehicle they have a  pictures. They can look up your name from birth. They can also use Licence Plates to see a picture of the registered owner of a car. Then in Oregon he could. Although it would be illegal unless he has probable cause you committed a crime. Source: I am a Police Officer in Oregon.