How to put your hand on the desk

dome3731

Hi, I'm and fps gamer and I put my hand from the elbow to the wrist on the table and most people just put their wrist on the table, and is that better for gaming and I've been having problem with the way I play because it's summer and my hand sticks to the desk and it's a little hard for me to play by only putting my wrist on the table, can you guys tell me how you play and maybe suggest something and would a razer goliathus extended make my summer problem any better?

It varies from person to person. A bit like how you hold your mouse, you just have to find what's right for you. 

In terms of what's better, you ideally shouldn't rest work wrist/forearm on the edge of a desk at all as it can cause a number of RIS. Or make something like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome worse if you already have it (like me)

Welcome new guy.

I just put my wrist on the table as i find it gives me more flexibility where i can sit back and game at the same time. Have you tried a small wash rag under your arm to help with the sweat.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Hi, I'm and fps gamer and I put my hand from the elbow to the wrist on the table and most people just put their wrist on the table, and is that better for gaming and I've been having problem with the way I play because it's summer and my hand sticks to the desk and it's a little hard for me to play by only putting my wrist on the table, can you guys tell me how you play and maybe suggest something and would a razer goliathus extended make my summer problem any better?

least both your arm don't go numb... Ever tried gaming like that.

Its worse when your drunk with numb arms and trying to open a door. note "trying"

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

you guys don't think there's anything bad with the way I play, I like to play like this and at competitions do they have large desks? And would a goliathus extended help me?

You aim how you aim, i use just my wrist barely and my mouse hand has a fucking callus or lump or something built up over time because of it.

I rest both of my wrists on my desk and I dont have enough room to put my whole arm on there. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

I use my arm on the desk. actually the only part that touches the desk is right above my elbow, and my arm keeps raised most of the time, while my hand forms the "fingertip grip" style on the mouse.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q669/nuclear465uclear465/SAM_4660_zps174deb0d.jpg - just like this

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

You aim how you aim, i use just my wrist barely and my mouse hand has a fucking callus or lump or something built up over time because of it.

Woah. I just noticed I have the same thing! :P

It varies from person to person. A bit like how you hold your mouse, you just have to find what's right for you. 

In terms of what's better, you ideally shouldn't rest work wrist/forearm on the edge of a desk at all as it can cause a number of RIS. Or make something like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome worse if you already have it (like me)

oh i have my arm half on half off

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I would put my wrist on the edge of the desk, and resting my forearm on the armrests on the chair - This allows for much more movement of the forearm whereas putting the entire forearm on the desk would constrict your movement.

Edit: It's also beneficial as you wouldn't need as much space (depth-wise) on your desk

Snape kills Dumbledore :P

I put my wrist on the edge, and rest on the arrest. Feels more free. Though my good chair broke, and i got a crappy chair atm not really good for gaming, if I did the armrest would be to low/small and would make my wrist hurt. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch