If PC gaming ended today, would you buy a console or quit the life?

Askew

The title's got the goodies, there's no way around it in this hypothetical scenario, by some freak occurence PC gaming is no longer possible and there's a choice to make today...

You either buy a console and suck it up, or you quit gaming forever and go and do something else, PCs can still be used for all purposes apart from actually playing games.

I think I can see some prior 'elitists' spinnin' those blu rays in a little black box, paying for online gaming and drinking the kool aid, I think we take PC gaming's perks for granted and complain far too much that it isn't completely perfect, when really it's just made you think a whole bunch about how horrifying it would be to lose it.

Who are you really, what'll it be folks?

hyouka0029.jpg?w=660&h=371

I could live with that. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

mac or linux.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Console gaming.

Great devs are great devs regardless of platform.

id buy a xbox and just play forza

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Hmm....

IIdg4LB.gif

Probably stop gaming since I don't game a whole ton anyway. 

OP your post is glorious by the way. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Console gaming.

A winner's comment, but the gravity of the compromise is high sometimes.

I'd probably stop gaming all together, and further my devotion to watch great series instead. Competitive gaming is virtually inexistant on consoles. And no, CoD is not a proper competitive sport. 

Console gaming.

The same can't be said for the limitations and sucking-up we'd have to do for consoles.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

Console, i'm still gonna hat it, but i can't live without Gaming 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

mac or linux.

Clever, but I said PC not Windows.

I would probably game less, but I would play games on consoles.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I console game, no biggy.

But....

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Would buy a console then.

It's about the games at the end of the day.

That's the hard truth, and it's why elitism annoys me so much.

I already have a console... I've games on both for as long as I can remember. It just shifts moe one way than the other every now and then. But having my PC for gaming is not its main purpose so if I couldn't game on it oh well?

I'd quit my live and go to PC Gaming Heaven.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

id buy a wiiU and a ps4

its stupid to give up on gaming

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

OP your post is glorious by the way. 

Because of the image? I really thought about it before posting because I saw it on Google and it seemed to fit.

I won't keep doing it though that's your style I'm not about to steal it.

Thanks for the comment anyway. :)

I would think if we all had to quit gaming on a PC, we would be enough demand to make them build us a better console :D

"If PC gaming was over" then could someone cracking open a PS4, putting that hardware in a PC case, cracking the OS, installing Windows and some games, count as PC gaming ?

Spoiler

Clever, but I said PC not Windows.

Well then id gather followers, id gather the men and women, the child of the pc world, we would rally, we would destroy, we will conquer smash everything out of our way. Pc gaming is now the biggest form of gaming, its the most profitable form, anyone dares to challenge us then they are in for a world of pain, we wouldnt go down without a fight, enemies may think they are safe however we would eliminate them one by one, doesnt matter who is. You could be the god damn president, you fuck with pc gaming, you sir you are done, not even god can save you.

That or id force my own way and team up with mr and mrs piratebay and create another forum for pc gamers.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

1. Plug in mouse and keyboard

2. smash eyes so graphics don't look so sucky

3. lower standards

5. Profit.

who cares...