What kind of car should I get?

terrytek

I would kind of like a Volvo 850 wagon. Wagons are good for that rare time you need to lug loads of stuff around, and of all of them, the 850 is the coolest.

Wagons are mostly awesome no matter what brand it's from :) And some 850s do come with the great 5 cylinder engine. And they sound fantastic

You're lucky the accident rate isn't as high as here in America. Here we have distracted drivers, texting and driving, driver error, and worse, drunk driving. Innocent lives are taken by these creeps.

We have the exact same problems here in sweden.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

you should look into BMW's of that age, I drive one myself and I am very pleased!

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Dat sound.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Dat sound.

That's the 5cyl :D

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Silly OP

Talks about first car, wants to customize it. Don't. 

This is the car for you:

volkswagen-golf-vag_gol_00_5t_1.jpg

or

Opel_Astra_H.jpg

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Git chu one!

And if you want to be really environmentally friendly.

Depending on where you live, you could get a Miata for dirt cheap.

1990-mazda-miata01.jpg

There's also the Mitsubishi Eclipse. This is a '99.

22205460001_large.jpg?v=0

This is a '90.

1990_mitsubishi_eclipse_2_dr_gsx_turbo_a

Also, please do not make any car into a ricer. If you do, I will find you and gut you like a pig. :angry:

ricer-max.jpg

MY EYES!!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9867-1365033383-12.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

if you can find a lexus sc300 with a manual in your area for a decent price, i would go with that. it has a non turbo 2jz like the is300 and can probably be found cheaper.

5210503870_a9c556a0d9_b.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Git chu one!

And if you want to be really environmentally friendly.

Depending on where you live, you could get a Miata for dirt cheap.

1990-mazda-miata01.jpg

There's also the Mitsubishi Eclipse. This is a '99.

22205460001_large.jpg?v=0

This is a '90.

1990_mitsubishi_eclipse_2_dr_gsx_turbo_a

Also, please do not make any car into a ricer. If you do, I will find you and gut you like a pig. :angry:

ricer-max.jpg

MY EYES!!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9867-1365033383-12.

Nah, I don't really like Mitsubishis other than the Evo. And that is one ugly ricer. I have a much better taste than that. Most enthusiasts like me like a clean, simple look.

if you can find a lexus sc300 with a manual in your area for a decent price, i would go with that. it has a non turbo 2jz like the is300 and can probably be found cheaper.

5210503870_a9c556a0d9_b.jpg

Really? How long has these cars gone with a Toyota Supra engine? When was the IS300 turboed at the factory? I never knew that.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

-snip-

Really? How long has these cars gone with a Toyota Supra engine? When was the IS300 turboed at the factory? I never knew that.

There are quite a few cars that toyota/lexus used the 2jz in as it is an amazing engine. the only car that used the 2jz-gte(twinturbo 2jz) was the supra though. all the others use a normally aspirated non turbo version.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

There are quite a few cars that toyota/lexus used the 2jz in as it is an amazing engine. the only car that used the 2jz-gte(twinturbo 2jz) was the supra though. all the others use a normally aspirated non turbo version.

Not even single? I think that's a bit odd for a turbo engine.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

RWD or AWD, V8 V10 or V12. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

Your first car should be cheap, trust me you are going to crash it, and destroy it.

Can confirm, crashed my first car

-__- You're kidding, right?

It's true, I drive a red car. Trust me

Have you even got an insurance quote on an 1996 Acura Integra GSR for a 16 year old? Also you may want to have a talk with your insurance about what happens if your custom wheels and or aftermarket parts get stolen. You may want to hit up your dad to sell you his Mazda cheap because something tells me your insurance premiums will dictate your vehicle.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Why don't you wait until you're going to buy the car in 2 years or so? You don't know what the future will hold.

Don't be angry at me but I'm most likely to get an 2009 Subaru Legacy GT. EG:

319374888.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I got a Citroen AX first car, for 500 euros, driven the sh*t out if it on a racetrack and learned a course of skid/water dangers on the road.

Basicly get something cheap because most of times your going to break it.

They gave you a drvinglisence because you can drive safe on the road on your own.

Does that mean you can control a faster car like Subaru or a R32, no unless your born with it
(i'm mocking you little fast car owners)

first car cheap, second car take you pick what you can afford.

I'll be honest. When I as 14 I really wanted to buy a classic car and repair it, get it roadworthy and use that as my car. Never happened for the simple reasons that I never had the money, my parents were not willing to fund it, and it was completely impractical. A first car should be a wreck. Something that you will have no feelings for, such as an old vauxhall/Opel corsa , like the one that I've just gotten as an early birthday present. If you wrap it round a lamppost, run it into a ditch or do something mechanically to it that kills it, it won't matter as you can sell it for scrap and probably break even on the original cost of it. It will allow you to learn roadcraft, get some no claims (hopefully) and will not break the bank.

Imagine if you went and bought a skyline as your first car. Within a year of driving it, with the plan of owning it for years to come, and absolutely in love with it, you let a bunch of friends in it with you. You get distracted by talking to them as you are an inexperienced driver (this is likely to happen, but not guaranteed), crash, and write the car off. You have now lost a car you spent $2000/3000 on, along with insurance, and the only thing it is now good for is scrap. You will feel awful. Trust me, don't get what you want until you are a competent, safe driver, most suitably would be in your 20s before you get a car worth more than your insurance.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Wow, this is probably the worst thread I've every seen.

OP:

- I'm 14

- My budget is $1.5-3k

Are all these replies meant to be ironic?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

try to buy a hybrid

by the time u reach legal age u might find them cheap

the savings will be great

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why do you need power, mpg is way more important as a broke teenager. I am currently a broke teenager, and my trans am isn't doing me any favors.

At least you can find reasonably priced spare parts... My 92 benz kicks me in the teeth and runs off with my wallet when something breaks. (still love it to bits though)

Wow, this is probably the worst thread I've every seen.

OP:

Are all these replies meant to be ironic?

Are you referring to his age or the budget being the problem?

If it were me i would get a little Toyota Tacoma. They are much easier to work on and you can find them cheap

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one