What kind of car should I get?

terrytek

In the us, the lexus is300 had the 2jz whereas the japanese toyota altezza had an beams 3s-ge engine. The nice thing about the is300 and altezza is that the parts are interchangeable, so you can go for a jdm altezza look if you wanted. 

Wow, since when did the US version have more power? Usually, the JDM variant of a car has more power than a USDM car of the same model.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Paying for insurance is gonna be a bitch at that age.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Paying for insurance is gonna be a bitch at that age.

IK. This is gonna be another big wallet sucker.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wow, since when did the US version have more power? Usually, the JDM variant of a car has more power than a USDM car of the same model.

Lucky for you, you could get this since it's in California.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Other-Aerocabin-1989-Toyota-Soarer-Aerocabin-1-of-500-Over-25-Years-Old-NHTSA-Exempt-/221461405029?forcerrptr=true&hash=item339020dd65&item=221461405029&pt=US_Cars_Trucks 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Wow, seems too old. However, the Skyline R32 in one of those pics interests me. However, it's in SoCal. I live in NorCal.

Get a red one. Everybody knows that red cars are faster than the others in a straight line. Black cars have also nice performance in general. 

Get a red one. Everybody knows that red cars are faster than the others in a straight line. Black cars have also nice performance in general. 

-__- You're kidding, right?

What did you specifically poorly maintain?

worst was the timing belt. supposed to be changed out every 60k miles i believe and i never once replaced it and it had almost 200k miles on it. sold it without getting it fixed and i have 0 mechanical skill so not 100% on this but I think it slipped and started running funny. at idle rpms would bounce up then slowly come back down to normal. had other issues like abs didn't work from when i had wheel bearings replaced and the shop that did it broke some ring and i never took it back to get fixed. that actually made the car more fun to drive, easier to lock em up. it also needed new head gaskets when i sold it. 

Red Brake Calipers = more POWAH!

just ask the Mighty Car Mods guys LOL

Yep! I just thought of some Japanese drifting cars cos that's what OP was looking for.

Actually according to the original post he was looking at the civic si and the integra. Both of which are front wheel drive :P

IS THAT A MOTHERF***ING AEROCABIN!? 

I can't find those here in sweden. At all!... If i had the money i'd import it in a heartbeat. One of the very few japanese cars i'd ever want to own

Well it ain't even 25 years old (the R34 one), so no.

I'm not really into the Golf, even though those things can handle a few PSI pretty well.

Well, I have good customization tastes, so my first car shouldn't look like a ricer. I actually managed to see somebody turbo a D16, but still, I'm gonna stay away from the single cams. Sucks that the Type R is not legal here in America. Should I get maybe a RSX with a K20 engine?

Customization tastes are subjective^^ There is a guy down the street that thinks his snot green saab 900 is the coolest thing ever with it's bodykit.

But i was talking about them appearing one day at a local shop with their car in pieces and the engine in boxes... Expecting me to put it back together..

Im not really a fan of the newer integra (or any front wheel drive car) But the K20 is apparantly a solid engine. And quite peppy. 

I'd like to suggest some less common cars that you should be able to find in the us.

MK3 A70 Supra. With the 7M-Gte engine. (I like that a bit more than the 2JZ). Turbo, Reasonably quick, Comes in a targa version, 

Subaru Legacy 2,2 or 2,5. Or the Subaru GT.

Nissan sunny/pulsar Gti-R (if you can get it in the us) SR20 engine

Im sure i'll think of some more later 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Actually according to the original post he was looking at the civic si and the integra. Both of which are front wheel drive :P

IS THAT A MOTHERF***ING AEROCABIN!? 

I can't find those here in sweden. At all!... If i had the money i'd import it in a heartbeat. One of the very few japanese cars i'd ever want to own

Customization tastes are subjective^^ There is a guy down the street that thinks his snot green saab 900 is the coolest thing ever with it's bodykit.

But i was talking about them appearing one day at a local shop with their car in pieces and the engine in boxes... Expecting me to put it back together..

Im not really a fan of the newer integra (or any front wheel drive car) But the K20 is apparantly a solid engine. And quite peppy. 

I'd like to suggest some less common cars that you should be able to find in the us.

MK3 A70 Supra. With the 7M-Gte engine. (I like that a bit more than the 2JZ). Turbo, Reasonably quick, Comes in a targa version, 

Subaru Legacy 2,2 or 2,5. Or the Subaru GT.

Nissan sunny/pulsar Gti-R (if you can get it in the us) SR20 engine

Im sure i'll think of some more later 

IDK if I really like the MK3. Looks a bit too boxy for my tastes. Even thought it's more common on CL than the MK4 Supra.

IDK if I really like the MK3. Looks a bit too boxy for my tastes. Even thought it's more common on CL than the MK4 Supra.

Im actually on the other side of that fence xD i think it's not boxy enough. (I love the Mk2 "Celica/Supra")

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't think the LSi is available in the States.

The non-Lsi then ?

Your first car should be cheap, trust me you are going to crash it, and destroy it.

Im actually on the other side of that fence xD i think it's not boxy enough. (I love the Mk2 "Celica/Supra")

IDK. Plus, dated tech. I need some sophistication. I don't want my girlfriend to think I drive shit.

worst was the timing belt. supposed to be changed out every 60k miles i believe and i never once replaced it and it had almost 200k miles on it. sold it without getting it fixed and i have 0 mechanical skill so not 100% on this but I think it slipped and started running funny. at idle rpms would bounce up then slowly come back down to normal. had other issues like abs didn't work from when i had wheel bearings replaced and the shop that did it broke some ring and i never took it back to get fixed. that actually made the car more fun to drive, easier to lock em up. it also needed new head gaskets when i sold it. 

Red Brake Calipers = more POWAH!

just ask the Mighty Car Mods guys LOL

To be fair. Maintenance on subarus is a huge faff... It's worth it because they are reliable.. And as someone who has done a head gasket change on a subaru engine.. i'd like to say that you were smart enough to sell it.  -_- 

IDK. Plus, dated tech. I need some sophistication. I don't want my girlfriend to think I drive shit.

Or you could buy a volvo 240. If she stays with you then. That's true love

To be fair. Maintenance on subarus is a huge faff... It's worth it because they are reliable.. And as someone who has done a head gasket change on a subaru engine.. i'd like to say that you were smart enough to sell it.  -_- 

Or you could buy a volvo 240. If she stays with you then. That's true love

A volvo. Really? My girlfriend likes Japanese cars too. She's Asian, that's why. :P

A volvo. Really? My girlfriend likes Japanese cars too. She's Asian, that's why. :P

It was a joke :P 

It was a joke :P 

I thought, since you're Swede.

I thought, since you're Swede.

Im so sick of volvos... They are absolutely everywhere here in sweden.

When they are properly maintained they're alright. But most of them are 90% rust and driven by morons...

I would kind of like a Volvo 850 wagon. Wagons are good for that rare time you need to lug loads of stuff around, and of all of them, the 850 is the coolest.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Im so sick of volvos... They are absolutely everywhere here in sweden.

When they are properly maintained they're alright. But most of them are 90% rust and driven by morons...

You're lucky the accident rate isn't as high as here in America. Here we have distracted drivers, texting and driving, driver error, and worse, drunk driving. Innocent lives are taken by these creeps.

I would kind of like a Volvo 850 wagon. Wagons are good for that rare time you need to lug loads of stuff around, and of all of them, the 850 is the coolest.

Wagons? Then I was looking towards a Protege5. It's japanese, so it fits that criteria. Plus, it's almost identical to the sedan, which my dad has right now.

Did it have to be Japanese? Sorry, didn't know that. It lacks the class of an 850 though.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Did it have to be Japanese? Sorry, didn't know that. It lacks the class of an 850 though.

It had to. It said in the OP. I know the Protege5 lacks some class, but that's what most Japanese cars of the time lacked. It mostly focused on power.