How to change my IP

Tea1337

Networking noob alert! I have been being DDOSed from what I can tell just slowing down my home network. I need to change my IP or get a 'dynamic' one? I'm not to good with networking and would like some suggestions. 

Networking noob alert! I have been being DDOSed from what I can tell just slowing down my home network. I need to change my IP or get a 'dynamic' one? I'm not to good with networking and would like some suggestions. 

huehue that's what you get for being a smartass on the internet 

huehue that's what you get for being a smartass on the internet 

I don't think it was met that caused it, the only social type place i've been on is here

Ask your ISP they will give you new IP address.

I guess I'll have to do that. Thanks

I don't think it was met that caused it, the only social type place i've been on is here

people don't ddos because they can, you either stream, play comp game or you pissed off somebody.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

people don't ddos because they can, you either stream, play comp game or you pissed off somebody.

^^^^^^^^^

Exact reason i was ddos for like 1 week straight 

it have had to be you who caused it :P carefull who you piss off next time

First of all, are you sure you're actually getting DDOS'd? It might just be your network being slow.

If you want a new IP then the first thing I would recommend is going to www.whatsmyip.com, write down the IP, unplug your modem/router for 10 minutes or so, plug it back in and then check the website again.

That might change your IP. If it didn't then you're gonna have to either change your MAC address on the modem/router or call your ISP and ask them to change it.

First of all, are you sure you're actually getting DDOS'd? It might just be your network being slow.

If you want a new IP then the first thing I would recommend is going to www.whatsmyip.com, write down the IP, unplug your modem/router for 10 minutes or so, plug it back in and then check the website again.

That might change your IP. If it didn't then you're gonna have to either change your MAC address on the modem/router or call your ISP and ask them to change it.

With my ISP I have to unplug my modem for 24 hours in order for them to change my IP. Happens every time I go on vacation.

What makes you think your being ddosed? Because I highly doubt your being ddosed. What tier of speed plan do you have with your ISP, and who is your ISP? Also go to speedtest.net and tell me that speed to. 

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

With my ISP I have to unplug my modem for 24 hours in order for them to change my IP. Happens every time I go on vacation.

What makes you think your being ddosed? Because I highly doubt your being ddosed. What tier of speed plan do you have with your ISP, and who is your ISP? Also go to speedtest.net and tell me that speed to. 

I pay for 4/4 speeds, and i was getting 300kbps down and up. But when I changed my IP today, I got 4/4 again;

I pay for 4/4 speeds, and i was getting 300kbps down and up. But when I changed my IP today, I got 4/4 again;

are you speaking in terms of 4/4 megabytes or bits? Because if your paying for a 4/4 teir you'll get around 300kbytes when downloading.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

are you speaking in terms of 4/4 megabytes or bits? Because if your paying for a 4/4 teir you'll get around 300kbytes when downloading.

mbps, when the network felt slow speed test was showing 1/8th of the speeds I was supposed to be getting. 

mbps, when the network felt slow speed test was showing 1/8th of the speeds I was supposed to be getting.

hmm. I would be surprised if you where being ddosed. But I guess it's possible. Who knows someone might have previously had your ip address and that person maybe made someone mad.