The "Things we make when we're bored" thread

Hello LTT Forum members.

I thought i'd make a thread where we could share the things we've made out of whatever we have laying around.

Boredom can be a great help when it comes to creativity^^ 

You could also share things you've made that you're proud of but everything (as long as it follows the Code of Conduct) is allowed.

This could be anything from a paper plane design to a car that you've been working on. Or just a random diy thing that you threw together when you had a few minutes to spare.

I've always been a fan of making things. And prop making is fun :) 

In the future i hope i'll be able to throw together a nice mini forge and start making some swords and stuff. Since my passion has always been metalwork.

And i've always wanted to try my hand at making the "Fusion sword" from final fantasy. But good quality steel is expensive as all hell

So for the moment all i had was paper and electrical tape. And the urge to make something was too strong so i made a nice training "Bastard sword"

20140608_184615_zps5bfddac5.jpg

That is just made of layered paper and tape. (And some string for the grip)

The dent in the middle is from when i tested it against a door frame. It took a pretty good hit and it did not deform that badly^^

So feel free to share some stuff you've made :) and maybe you'll get some ideas for your next diy project.

I'll add that you could also share techniques and various methods for making something that you'd like to share with other people.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have so many ideas, but so little motivation

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

in example, threads like this?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I just go ahead and plan some builds or start playing the viola.

i'm a potato

This thread is here to be motivational^^ If people start posting some cool diy projects it might ignite the spark in someone else :)

Sorry, first thing that came to mind:

--Baby--

Disclaimer: I don't have a kid. 

Do you think this is childish? Or are you referring to making babies?

See my response at the top of this post

in example, threads like this?

Well i was a bit bored when i made the thread. But im talking about physical things people have made^^

I just go ahead and plan some builds or start playing the viola.

Planning can be fun too. And playing an instrument is cool too :)

I stare outside through my window ominously.

It's great when someone actually looks back. 

That's more of a thing you do when you're bored. Not a thing you've made when you're bored^^ (Although you might make someone uncomfortable xD)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

what made it really funny was your profile picture lol

Do you think this is childish? Or are you referring to making babies?

I was referring to the title. Without reading the post making babies when you're bored came to mind.

You are playing a dangerous game. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I built a robot because I was bored. Its name is Winston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBdaFzhMcEM

It has been painted since then and looks like this now:

post-84472-0-56341400-1402249724_thumb.j

Still have to do the electronics to make it do anything interesting, but it's getting there :)

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I was referring to the title. Without reading the post making babies when you're bored came to mind.

Now that you mention it.. The quotation marks do make it seem a bit suggestive xD

I built a robot because I was bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBdaFzhMcEM

It has been painted since then and looks like this now:

--Classy Robot--

Still have to do the electronics to make it do anything interesting, but it's getting there :)

Wow!. I did think about robotics  :o 

That's really cool. And the top hat is a nice touch  :D

Now that you mention it.. The quotation marks do make it seem a bit suggestive xD

Wow!. I did think about robotics  :o 

That's really cool. And the top hat is a nice touch  :D

Yeah, I've always wanted a robot with a top hat and a monocle. Shame it doesn't really do much. I can drive the motors by hooking up a battery directly, but I want to design a VRM for my Arduino and can't quite get the voltage stable enough.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

That's kinda creepy. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yeah, I've always wanted a robot with a top hat and a monocle. Shame it doesn't really do much. I can drive the motors by hooking up a battery directly, but I want to design a VRM for my Arduino and can't quite get the voltage stable enough.

haha^^ i did not notice the monocle at first  :D

Do you have any specific plans for it when you've sorted out the VRM? 

A fancy robot butler? World domination? Or just a small project on the side?  :)

haha^^ i did not notice the monocle at first  :D

Do you have any specific plans for it when you've sorted out the VRM? 

A fancy robot butler? World domination? Or just a small project on the side?  :)

Teehee, if I can get it to just walk in the way a bit like a particularly stupid pet I'd be happy already, I don't really have the hardware or programming prowess to make the AI too fancy.

That's kinda creepy. 

The kids across the street don't appreciate it either, but nonetheless I don't believe I'm breaking any laws. 

Error: 410

The kids across the street don't appreciate it either, but nonetheless I don't believe I'm breaking any laws.

Well if you're making someone mad then that's good in my book.

Well... I guess not... but still.... 

VGfh2Pb.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Haha^^ I'll have to have a closer look at those threads tomorrow :) 

Ps

Temperatures:

Using Arctic Freezer 7 PRO Rev.2

IDLE: 36 ºC

FULL LOAD: 53 ºC

Im using that cooler right now  :lol: