GLaDOS

I didn't document the actual building of my PC but this is what it looks like now.

Specs:

• P8Z77-v PRO Motherboard
  • 60GB Intel SSD
  • 500GB Hitachi HDD
  • MSI GTX 660
  • 8GB of Patriot Signiture RAM
  • Enermax Ostrog Mid tower case
  • 500w Theraltake PSU
  • Pioneer Blu-ray Drive
  • Off brand DVD ROM drive
  • Cooler Master Hyper 101i heatsink (I already ordered a Hyper 212 evo to replace it)

wQA0YIIh.jpg

DuPCQ7Eh.jpg

I've ordered a new heatsink to replace this small one and some more matching fans.

4FJzAe8h.jpg

ELeD6QTh.jpg

Let me know what you guys think about it. Also let me know what you think I should improve, I love working on it.

It looks nice,

if you live with animals or women. TAKE IT OFF THE FLOOR.

hair and dust is on the floor and will cake your computer with it. so put it up somewere else.

i also dont trust thermaltake PSU. not because they are bad but just because they arent one of the big brands ie, corsair, seasonic. but you will be fine.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

It looks nice,

if you live with animals or women. TAKE IT OFF THE FLOOR.

hair and dust is on the floor and will cake your computer with it. so put it up somewere else.

i also dont trust thermaltake PSU. not because they are bad but just because they arent one of the big brands ie, corsair, seasonic. but you will be fine.

Well right now that is the only place I am able to put it, but I will try to get it off the floor when I get a new desk or move. Also I do live with pets, I try to dust it out as often as possible though. Yeah I don't see many people with thermaltake PSU's so I will probably go with a corsair PSU on my next build. Thanks for your input  :D

Well right now that is the only place I am able to put it, but I will try to get it off the floor when I get a new desk or move. Also I do live with pets, I try to dust it out as often as possible though. Yeah I don't see many people with thermaltake PSU's so I will probably go with a corsair PSU on my next build. Thanks for you input  :D

yup.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Nice rig :), I don't see any personality cores though...

You might want to switch the direction on the top and bottom fans to help the graphics card intake air and make use of the fact that heat rises...

Also, he has his bottom fan blowing out rather than in it seems. Although I'm not sure how much hot air there is to exhaust around there..

It is pointing out right now, but that's because I do not have a dust filter yet. Once I get that I am going to flip it around.

why glados?

Because Portal and Portal 2 are my favorite games.

Nice rig :), I don't see any personality cores though...

You might want to switch the direction on the top and bottom fans to help the graphics card intake air and make use of the fact that heat rises...

Thanks! Well She hasn't started misbehaving yet  :P

I'm going to switch the direction of the bottom fan once I get a filter for it, there is quite a bit of dust underneath my desk.

wasn't NerdCubed's old computer called GLaDOS?

I don't know but I'm guessing he was a fan of Portal as well lol.

PSU cables are hidious ughh, this is exatly what i hate about my psu (LC POWER 650W 80+bronze) im planning to buy so extension cables and hiding the ugliness of cables and so should any1 with a windowed case :D

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Thanks! Well She hasn't started misbehaving yet  :P

I'm going to switch the direction of the bottom fan once I get a filter for it, there is quite a bit of dust underneath my desk.

I understand, problem is dust is also settling on the top of your desk so blowing air upwards helps with that. Maybe you should also think about putting a filter on the PSU (unless the case came with one) or turning it upwards.

I understand, problem is dust is also settling on the top of your desk so blowing air upwards helps with that. Maybe you should also think about putting a filter on the PSU (unless the case came with one) or turning it upwards.

Yeah I'm going to get a filter for the top as well, right now I'm just dusting out as much as possible. My case came with a PSU filter.

ok but where is the connection with this rig?

There isn't one really, that is just the first name I thought of to call it. If you have a better name let me know  :)

PSU cables are hidious ughh, this is exatly what i hate about my psu (LC POWER 650W 80+bronze) im planning to buy so extension cables and hiding the ugliness of cables and so should any1 with a windowed case :D

Yeah when I was buying the components I wasn't thinking about how it was going to look (this being my first build and all), so i definitely want to upgrade the PSU at some point but I have a hard time justifying paying for a new one when this one still works perfectly fine.

change the bottom fan to an intake because air should flow up through to the top of the case and you are restricting the air which can get to the power supply. Other then that, good build bro. like the name :P

i5 3570K,Swiftech H220, Fractal Design Define R2 XL, Windforce GTX 760, 1tb Hitachi, 3tb Seagate, 120gb Samsung 840 EVO, XSTAR DP2710, Asus P8Z77 LX, 12gb Corsair Veangance, AX760

It would be cool if you could put the hard drives in the top bays, and then remove the bottom cage completely, but overall nice job!

very nice you did a good job with the cable management.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Yeah when I was buying the components I wasn't thinking about how it was going to look (this being my first build and all), so i definitely want to upgrade the PSU at some point but I have a hard time justifying paying for a new one when this one still works perfectly fine.

Just like me :D

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS