Are any of you happy?

OBEYSQUIRREL

Lol every thread I see in the tech news section are people hating on every new tech idea, product or brand. New product threads are always filled with "wow it costs money? how ridiculous!" or "oh its by this company, lets blindly write a hate review about a product that just got announced with no information." Every tech idea or future innovation is "stupid" or "not how I would do it." If you don't join in you're automatically a fanboy (of a product...lol?) Seriously, I don't understand it. I thought this was a place for people who like tech or Linus/slick to BE HAPPY about the things we love, not hate every tiny thing there is. It's so ridiculous going beyond the OP anymore in that section. Are any of you happy?

Lol every thread I see in the tech news section are people hating on every new tech idea, product or brand. New product threads are always filled with "wow it costs money? how ridiculous!" or "oh its by this company, lets blindly write a hate review about a product that just got announced with no information." Every tech idea or future innovation is "stupid" or "not how I would do it." If you don't join in you're automatically a fanboy (of a product...lol?) Seriously, I don't understand it. I thought this was a place for people who like tech or Linus/slick to BE HAPPY about the things we love, not hate every tiny thing there is. It's so ridiculous going beyond the OP anymore in that section. Are any of you happy?

Well, that was a good way to make sweeping generalizations when you've clearly not been on the forum long. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Over generalizing is over generalizing.

I don't generalize people, so I don't see your point. I used hyperbole if that's what you mean. Not every thread has it, but the ones I click on do.

Well, that was a good way to make sweeping generalizations when you've clearly not been on the forum long. 

Not making an account doesn't mean I wasn't here before. I've watched linus for years and have lurked just as long. Keep proving my point though.

Over generalizing is over generalizing.

He has a point though, 25% of the posts are "oh this could be interesting"   the rest of the people complain most of the time, or say "why would anyone buy this when such&such product is out"

IE: 4k TN monitors for ~600$

atleast half the people are like "gay it's tn"

Seriously though, 12 year olds aside, nobody's forcing us to read their comments so it doesn't really matter.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

He has a point though, 25% of the posts are "oh this could be interesting"   the rest of the people complain most of the time, or say "why would anyone buy this when such&such product is out"

You have these kinds of people in every community based on a shared interest. I mean how many people who watch F1 bitch about the cars sounding like vacuum cleaners? I love the sound and I think it's important to go with the times. Back to the topic at hand, the point is we aren't all like this and those who are know who they are.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

That's one I've seen so much haha, people don't care to notice that its a high quality 10 bit panel. So many people went to that thread just to bash it for being tn when its really aggressively priced and expect people to pay thousands for a monitor without realizing that not everyone can afford that, and most people don't care for or know about IPS anyway.

Seriously though, 12 year olds aside, nobody's forcing us to read their comments so it doesn't really matter.

Not making an account doesn't mean I wasn't here before. I've watched linus for years and have lurked just as long. Keep proving my point though.

I do see where you're coming from (by the way, I wasn't proving your point earlier.) You have to take the internet for what it is, and that includes the fact that most of the time it's filled with people with a misguided loyalty to a particular product or brand, and fan-boys who refuse to listen to sense. We had this issue earlier with someone saying the Titan Z was worth the money for gaming (which, in retrospect, is pretty subjective anyway). You just have to learn to see through the BS posts/people who don't know better, and find people who are just generally enthusiastic about technology. I would consider myself the latter, but that's not really for me to judge.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I read the OP and tend to skim through comments until I see comments from people I know can actually have a constructive conversation. 

Lets just say when I see little 13 year olds crying because daddy won't by them a new GPU I don't care for anything more they have to say.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Happy:  Usually yes

Anal retentive: Always

Hypercritical: More than I probably should worry, but I can't ignore faults and flaws. I am an Engineer major (mechanical), I can't not notice fault.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I do see where you're coming from (by the way, I wasn't proving your point earlier.) You have to take the internet for what it is, and that includes the fact that most of the time it's filled with people with a misguided loyalty to a particular product or brand, and fan-boys who refuse to listen to sense. We had this issue earlier with someone saying the Titan Z was worth the money for gaming. You just have to learn to see through the BS posts/people who don't know better, and find people who are just generally enthusiastic about technology. I would consider myself the latter, but that's not really for me to judge.

That's why I don't usually comment. I didn't mean that you were a bad person or that what you said was mean, just that nobody cares to comment about how they like something or are happy and excited, they always just want to correct everyone and find things that are wrong :(.

q

It's just that people on the internet are extremely ignorant and can't understand people have other reasons or opinions than their own.

Like you mentioned about the titan z, so what if it costs $3,000? The people who need / want it, will buy it even if it costs $10,000. 

If you can't afford it, what difference does it make how much it costs? lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

People love to hate on TN... It's ridiculous. Not all TN panels are created equal, so don't assume because a monitor is TN that it automatically has poor picture quality. 

I'd love to take a look at the current 4K monitors that are out right now. I don't give a damn if they're TN.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It's just that people on the internet are extremely ignorant and can't understand people have other reasons or opinions than their own.

Like you mentioned about the titan z, so what if it costs $3,000? The people who need / want it, will buy it even if it costs $10,000. 

If you can't afford it, what difference does it make how much it costs? lol

Yeah, I edited my post as soon as I'd posted it, to account for this exact thing. Everything is so subjective that you can't say "this product makes no sense for anyone, it's rubbish" you have to be more open-minded about it. With the Titan Z admittedly I don't think it makes sense in any application (Teslas or other workstation grade GPU's offer more practicality) but that's my opinion I guess. Yes I'll try and explain my view to people who may want this card and not know better...but there are those that will just buy it anyway, like you said.

That's why I don't usually comment. I didn't mean that you were a bad person or that what you said was mean, just that nobody cares to comment about how they like something or are happy and excited, they always just want to correct everyone and find things that are wrong :(.

I tend to read through some of the replies to a topic as well as the initial post itself before replying, as sometimes the people who reply are just going to rebuff anything objective you have to say with biased points of view because they own said product, there for X product is better than Y product. 

Totally agree on that point though. 

People love to hate on TN... It's ridiculous. Not all TN panels are created equal, so don't assume because a monitor is TN that it automatically has poor picture quality. 

I'd love to take a look at the current 4K monitors that are out right now. I don't give a damn if they're TN.

I think the 4K TN panel that Samsung and Asus are using in their "value" 4K monitors would surprise a lot of people who usually hate on TN, if they were to see it up close. I have myself and for what it is, it's really quite impressive.

I don't know about this one, I mostly think users are pretty civil on this forum. And often/sometimes people admit it when they're wrong at some point, coming from 4chan, users are generally much nicer to hear one another out.

Now, nobody take this the wrong way (although you will) but we are all a little bit "elitist" on this forum. For 99% of the general population something like Siri, or 4k or a macbok or a gaming laptop or whatever else the people on this forum hate on, are actually interesting to them

We are a group of tech enthusiasts, we know the difference between good value for money, good quality, we demand more from our products and buy in less to marketing if we see that a product is bullshit even though we are told otherwise

Unfortunately that is just what happens in a community like this. People start getting knowledge and begin hating on things that they know to not be as good as something else...."eww linus said TN is rubbish therefore anybody with a TN monitor has a shit display" (ok bad example) but still, that seems to be how people on the forum behave. I tend to block it out.

Really people should be ENJOYING tech. Sure we all demand the most for our money and would be crazy not to, but sometimes the elitist approach some members have (I am probably guilty too) really colour the forum as a negative place, when really those people are just really passionate about tech and want people to get the best products they can

Really its a case of good intentions but expressed negatively

I hope something I rambled about there made sense

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I haven't been active on LTT for very long but I do notice that a lot of people here like to hate on things. I don't know how many PC vs. Console threads I've seen and it always blows my mind to see how hostile to certain things people are, and how much they care about companies and whatnot. But that's not just LTT... it doesn't matter where you go, people get weirdly territorial about the objects that they own. Computer hardware, clothes and shoes and hats and even dads ffs. "My dad is stronger than yours" people said when they were 10.

That's because people are insecure like children. They're not necessarily unhappy - they just want to make themselves believe that they've spent their money the right way and that they've put their "trust" in the right product. Because they think, at the back of their mind, that if they're wrong about this then they're a real sucker. That would be uncomfortable.

The human mind for you.

You have these kinds of people in every community based on a shared interest. I mean how many people who watch F1 bitch about the cars sounding like vacuum cleaners? I love the sound and I think it's important to go with the times. Back to the topic at hand, the point is we aren't all like this and those who are know who they are.

I wish my vacuum sounded like that...

Part of this possibly has to do with the whole "liked comments" thing. It's not a bad way of recognizing posts that offer useful information or unique viewpoints, but at the same time you can have a certain number of people regurgitating the popular opinion for the sake of getting 'liked'. You'll often see something similar on YouTube with the the thumbs-up or on Reddit with the upvotes. 

Ya I'm happy lol, usually I can see a reason for every product, however certin brands I just don't like.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

I believe that we should all evaluate what it is that makes us all happy.

I have a wonderful wife (that is pregnant... we have both been told that we could never have a child so this is GREAT news).

I have a great job where I feel appreciated, I am challenged, and get paid enough to pay for everything we need, and quite a few things that we want. (If you really want to have a challenging job ... try administrating a network of over 1.5 million network devices scattered all around the world!)

I have excellent friends and family that I enjoy spending time with!

Technology is a tool. My PC isnt the fastest, prettiest, most powerful, blingiest (is that a word?), quietest, cheapest, or best. It does a great job... and I enjoyed building it. What more is needed?

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

It's not just with tech but with everything. I've noticed more and more it seems to be popular and cool to be "unimpressed" with anything, no matter what it is. Everyone is a critic and many seem to thrive on this. Quite often things don't live up to hype and people are starting to learn to expect this, understandably. It's one thing to be skeptical but another to have a "meh" or hateful attitude towards something that actually is a good product in it's own right.

While I get enjoyment out of material things, such enjoyment is short lived and ultimately does not satisfy.

What is truly important and what ultimately brings happiness (for me anyways) is relationships with family and friends. :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS