Watch Dogs: my "true next-gen experience" - the video that blew me away

thewhitestig

Everything is just sooo bad... and I was so hyped for that game. 

The L-train not being able to hit you is especially ridiculous. Another silly thing - shooting at the ground or the water doesn't affect it at all. Just.. take a look. You'll be amazed.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

This is why I never Pre-order.... where have games gone today :'(

I liked the part with the stupid glitches.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

i felt the same way!!! like in that trailer where the guy was like, i can crush this guy with this forklift, then i tried doing it and it stops if theres something underneath it, its like that for just about everything, like wtf 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

lets just go play the demo it looks better then this

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Sad, but true. Sucks they fucked it up that bad. I might still buy it, but not until it's like 5 bucks.  TBH, i don't blame people for pirating it when ports/games have this big flaws.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Sad, but true. Sucks they fucked it up that bad. I might still buy it, but not until it's like 5 bucks.  TBH, i don't blame people for pirating it when ports/games have this big flaws.

i wouldnt pay more than ~30$ the story isnt all that long :/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Osmium, on 31 May 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

I liked the part with the stupid glitches.

Ermm..you mean the whole video?LOL. Definitely my favourite part too.

$5 is the most I would pay for this travesty..

You could play GTAV for a few hours and record little 10 second snippets of every little glitchy thing too and make a video of it, i know the game has some issues but overall im enjoying it. I really don't understand why the game has become some big punching bag for people, its very early days. 

You could play GTAV for a few hours and record little 10 second snippets of every little glitchy thing too and make a video of it, i know the game has some issues but overall im enjoying it. I really don't understand why the game has become some big punching bag for people, its very early days. 

I pre-ordered the game and have not been able to play it once since release, the game literally won't launch for me.

es14li.gif

MFW:

Watching this video.

Realizing I once was looking forward to this piece of shit.

When watching interviews the game was praised for it's realism and story.

Comparing the game now to the original viewing at E3.

Seeing all the pathetic consumers trying to defend this shitty game.

I realize people actually pre-ordered this.

Entertainment industry sucks so much nowadays...

I love the game, but the video did make me laugh. I'm not quite sure what he was getting at a couple of times. Especially at 5.44. Can someone please explain what the issue is there??

Y'know, this actually makes me want the game even more just so I can screw around and break the game even more. Damn you, developers, why did you have to leave it half-broken? I wanted to destroy this game!

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

MFW:

Watching this video.

Realizing I once was looking forward to this piece of shit.

When watching interviews the game was praised for it's realism and story.

Comparing the game now to the original viewing at E3.

Seeing all the pathetic consumers trying to defend this shitty game.

I realize people actually pre-ordered this.

Entertainment industry sucks so much nowadays...

They probably do it because it's not a shitty game. It's not the game we were told we were going to get, but it's still a great game. I've played it for about 16 hours unlocking stuff, messing about with the weird physics, invading people's games. I haven't even finished act 2 yet and I've got a lot of playtime out of it. For a game you can buy for £20-30 it's a great value.

They probably do it because it's not a shitty game. It's not the game we were told we were going to get, but it's still a great game. I've played it for about 16 hours unlocking stuff, messing about with the weird physics, invading people's games. I haven't even finished act 2 yet and I've got a lot of playtime out of it. For a game you can buy for £20-30 it's a great value.

I wouldn't pick it up for any more than $20 Australian, I don't really care for gameplay gimmicks, they didn't draw me in through free-running for Titanfall and the hacking here won't draw me in either. Gameplay needs to be various and dynamic or be driven by a narrative or objective. In Watch Dogs, you get all of the "push button to do this" which isn't really all that enjoyable that's strung along by a generic story line with basic characters and graphics which were nothing like what was promised.

It's a shitty game, seriously. A gameplay mechanic does not salvage a game, at all. If that was the case then I'd say that Assassin's Creed 1 is a great game because of the free-running and shit, but everything else drags it all into the shitter. I don't like how when it comes to entertainment everyone tries to make the greatest thing since sliced bread, because whenever people try it always ends up in the meh bin or something lower. Anyone who says this is a 'great game' should be ignored from now until the end of days because your opinion is completely invalid. A good game? Maybe if they had more time with Watch Dogs, did a couple different things and some such, but a great game? Ha ha fucking HA!

Only played the game for a few hours and yes there is glitches and other issues. But the thing is i didn't read the hype or watched the trailers i just avoided it like i do most games. I read the basis of the story and seen cyber hacking so i wanted it. Other than the glitches i have seen im loving the game. Story is great and with my last name being Pearce i admit im a bit biased towards it that way. I have a niece as well so im buying into it.

Control wise its better than GTA4 on PC with keyboard and mouse and to be honest it needs to help guide your stats a little more as im slow to pick up on things.

All in all its a game that i enjoy and i understand if most people dislike it if they read the hype and watched videos. I running all my stuff on medium settings as well when im quite capable of running on high and above. I do this so my r290 does not squeal like a pig.

ye...and the game stutters soo bad as well..... even with a GTX780Ti

This game needs a lot of HD and realistic texture modding!

I bought the Russian VPN unlocked version for £20

I wouldn't pick it up for any more than $20 Australian, I don't really care for gameplay gimmicks, they didn't draw me in through free-running for Titanfall and the hacking here won't draw me in either. Gameplay needs to be various and dynamic or be driven by a narrative or objective. In Watch Dogs, you get all of the "push button to do this" which isn't really all that enjoyable that's strung along by a generic story line with basic characters and graphics which were nothing like what was promised.

It's a shitty game, seriously. A gameplay mechanic does not salvage a game, at all. If that was the case then I'd say that Assassin's Creed 1 is a great game because of the free-running and shit, but everything else drags it all into the shitter. I don't like how when it comes to entertainment everyone tries to make the greatest thing since sliced bread, because whenever people try it always ends up in the meh bin or something lower. Anyone who says this is a 'great game' should be ignored from now until the end of days because your opinion is completely invalid. A good game? Maybe if they had more time with Watch Dogs, did a couple different things and some such, but a great game? Ha ha fucking HA!

Well have you actually played it yet? It doesnt feel like a 'push to do this' game to me, like at all. I didnt hear about the game till like a month ago, never really cared about it but when it was released i got curious, decided to try it and to my own surprise im really enjoying it. I do understand that many ppl are angry cus they didnt get what they expected and become of the bad optimization, but for someone like me who had no expectations from this game its actually fun to play.

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

I'm not going to argue, because I'm not good at it. So I'll go and enjoy playing Watch_Dogs, and you can go and enjoy sulking about it and calling people's opinion invalid because they don't align with your own.

Ubisoft.. you fuck PC master race? Now PC mater race FUCKS you.

$5 is the most I would pay for this travesty..

I gotta admit, I pirated it because I know it wouldn't run well on my PC. I saw no point of spending money on a game that barely runs on a Q8200 with a 6870. But I would get it when I upgrade my CPU and the game is like 10-12$ on those game key sites like fast2play or kinguin. Even though the mechanics and physics and almost everything in this game is shit, I still wanna have it my collection.. eventually. 

A good game? Maybe if they had more time with Watch Dogs, did a couple different things and some such, but a great game? Ha ha fucking HA!

They could have used an additional 12 months for "polish". But this is what happens when shareholders are pressuring publishers to release games early because they wanna make a quick buck. And they underfund the development process and spend their money mainly on marketing.. + they should've dumped old gen and Wii U altogether.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

There are many problems and glitches which are just plain unacceptable today. I am actually quite dissapointed. But strictly speaking as a "video game" in regards to fun and enjoyment, it's good IMO. Not great, but it's unique in gameplay and the online portion is very good actually. The story is a bit shit, but the missions are fun and the game is actually fun. NO WAY is it what it was hyped to be, but it's in no way a bad game. It's a fun game, ruined by these foibles.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Welp, I'm glad mine will be free with the graphics card.

So, it looks like we still have to rely on Rockstar for our sandbox gaming, which I don't mind, GTA series has been pretty good.