Glenn Beck Thinks Watch_Dogs Teaches Kids to Hack

Ugh... Glenn Beck is such an abomination to the Libertarian party/movement... trust me people, he is definitely not representative of that party. As a strong supporter of that party, I definitely do not agree with this and a true libertarian would agree that if by anything... Watch Dogs "would teach kids how to play a friggen video game" because that's all it is... A VIDEO GAME. /politicalrant.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Ugh... Glenn Beck is such an abomination to the Libertarian party/movement... trust me people, he is definitely not representative of that party. As a strong supporter of that party, I definitely do not agree with this and a true libertarian would agree that if by anything... Watch Dogs "would teach kids how to play a friggen video game" because that's all it is... A VIDEO GAME. /politicalrant.

Isn't he a conservative?

I found another shocking common denominator between all these killers, they've all watched TV at some point in their lives...

...Why did he not mention that?

PSA: THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN THE WALKING DEAD ARE MURDERERS. APPROACH WITH CAUTION

I actually watched the entire video: while I don't agree with his statements about video games - it's clear as day that he has never picked up a controller or used a mouse and keyboard to play an enjoyable game such as Watch Dogs (nor does he know what hacking is) - he does have a point about technology changing the way people think. You try going to lunch with a bunch of your college friends and see how many times and for how long everyone looks at their phones.

I know people who have said a thousand times, "We are better off without smartphones and all of this new technology. I wish this crap never existed," yet they constantly use them everyday and people like me who enjoy building computers and playing video games get lambasted by people like Glen Beck. I know he backed up a bit when he said that his son accused him of checking his email all the time on his iPad, but I guarantee you his habit won't change.

If these people stepped into our shoes and played video games, built computers and so on, they'd quickly realize none of that makes us angry people who hate the world.

He probably just wants people to pay attention to him rather than deeply believes these things.

If he does believe it though, he isn't very smart.

I feel like he started out on Fox intentionally to stir up shitstorms. But at some point he started believing in his own bullshit. When he left(or was kicked out I don't remember) Fox he thought he was the only sane person on the planet.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I feel like he started out on Fox intentionally to stir up shitstorms. But at some point he started believing in his own bullshit. When he left(or was kicked out I don't remember) Fox he thought he was the only sane person on the planet.

Hmm, I could imagine him as someone who when talking to his friends about his 'views' and his TV life saying things like "my viewers are idiots man, I just have to stay interesting to them, sometimes a little BS is needed to stay on top."

Maybe not, maybe he really believes it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was just doing it for ratings.

What a fool. I must be the new Lukaku according to him, as I'm such a beast on FIFA. jk

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

What kind of kids buy M rated games? Oh parents that don't care.

I want to have a debate with this guy.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Going to send my CV to the Army. I think I can be general I have plenty of RTS experience.

Actually I can be a jet pilot too, Wait I could make more money as a pro basketball or football player.

I have so many options video games have made me so proficient at everything.

In fact if they want to design me a gundam for real life I can pilot it thanks to strike suit infinity.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Polygon fishing for hits again.. If you watch the video, he is not suggesting that the video game teaches kids how to hack. He's suggesting that the subject matter (being an antihero by spying on people NSA style) might not be the best idea, particularly for children - because freedoms and whatnot. Yes, it's rated M, but many parents do still allow their children to play them, or don't interact with them enough to bother stopping it or even have a conversation about the subject matter. He's trying to say that violence is a multi-faceted problem, you cannot just pinpoint it to one issue - guns, video games, etc.

The worst part for me is that I think my parents, after watching this would completely believe this guy, like I could literally show my mum watch dogs gameplay footage and all she would care about is its age rating.

I sometimes use the pen from my wacom tablet to type cuz i'm too lazy to set it down :P

Obisoft xD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Polygon fishing for hits again.. If you watch the video, he is not suggesting that the video game teaches kids how to hack. He's suggesting that the subject matter (being an antihero by spying on people NSA style) might not be the best idea, particularly for children - because freedoms and whatnot. Yes, it's rated M, but many parents do still allow their children to play them, or don't interact with them enough to bother stopping it or even have a conversation about the subject matter. He's trying to say that violence is a multi-faceted problem, you cannot just pinpoint it to one issue - guns, video games, etc.

No, he straight-up thinks that the game will allow kids the knowledge needed to hack into electronic devices. There is no softening this fact :D. HE'S WORRIED HIS IPAD WILL BE HACKED.

No, he straight-up thinks that the game will allow kids the knowledge needed to hack into electronic devices. There is no softening this fact :D. HE'S WORRIED HIS IPAD WILL BE HACKED.

No. There isn't even a "how" in the quotes. This is just Polygon bending something just enough so they get people like you to hit the "article" and share it without watching or understanding the video.

The idea here is they are teaching you to hack and then become the ultimate voyeur in other people's lives, including their bedrooms, by hacking into their phones and everything.

This game is teaching you to hack into whatever is docked in your bedroom. What the heck is wrong with us? What are we thinking? We are inviting this into our home and our lives.

He doesn't care how hacking takes place, he's concerned with the concept of spying or hacking into people's lives being seen in a positive light.

No. There isn't even a "how" in the quotes. This is just Polygon bending something just enough so they get people like you to hit the "article" and share it without watching or

I watched the video completely. I didn't just post this from the title; in the video, he clearly believes that people are gaining knowledge of hacking, and could potentially use it in the future. Oh, and he blames video games for those four kids who committed suicide. I'm so sick of adults spewing this shit without any actual knowledge. Kids don't like murder; video games have death, but so do so many movies, books, what have you. If they picked up a controller and played, things might be different. But Beck, and so many others (liberal and conservative; I'm not playing politics) just poo-poo it from reading a single article, and apparently getting a complete idea of the game. He me must be magic!

Okay, so you watched the video and just failed to understand it.  :mellow:

:eyeroll:

When I get home, I'll give you some direct quotes.

Obviously. Guns don't kill people, Halo does, apparently. And don't get me started on Mass Effect marines can't be gay omg blue devils!!!1

Ha, I am playing a horror. Does that teach me how to be ghost, obsess people and explode them up after that? YES!

Ha, I am playing a horror. Does that teach me how to be ghost, obsess people and explode them up after that? YES!

You should probably check into an asylum.