LG says Apple’s 300ppi Retina definition is industry misconception

You have gone well off topic of my argument in the first place, that the Price vs Performance factor is definitely in favour of Motorola in this case.

Triluminos display, Bullshit. The display of the Xperia Z1 is just plain crap and almost all reviewers also point the same.

Performance on the iPhone is incredible. Why my old iPhone 3GS still works really well aside from the battery. Compare that to Samsung Galaxy S (released when iPhone 4 released) or Xperia mini, play or at that time's HTC desire. All these android phones are ancient and non existent but I still see iPhone 3GS in public

I don't know why you people just call Apple expensive, but every other flagship costs the same

Perhaps base your 'claims' on some fact before you go calling bullshit on everyone else.

1. You still have not provided any evidence to support your claim that the Trulimnos Display is crap, let alone can prove that the LG panels are any better anyway (btw, you didn't answer that one either). Let me just remind that these type of panels or used in televisions TODAY, so I would base your claims on fact next time.

2. Your statement about 3GS' and other Flagship phones are opinion, not fact. You can't account for every persons choice, only what you see. This is probably a biased view based on your stance towards Apple as well.
A friend of mine from work uses an iPhone 3G, not by choice, but from the fact that his iPhone (5, 4 or w/e) screen was smashed and was being repaired. This is no support for your theory about long lasting quality, rather it is mostly people who keep their previous phone as insurance that they lose their current one. Take a photo of someone in public using a 3GS to support your claim, it would be the first thing you supply as some form of evidence in your argument. Don't just make outrageous claims that you cannot back up with some fact.

3. 'You people'? How dare you. We should be calling you, 'you people' to be honest. I would just like to let you know that iPhone's are one of the most expensive, standard model, phones on the market, compared to any other android flagship phone (I'm talking averages, not specifics. If you used a Trimmed Mean to represent this comparison in price, it would blow Apple out of the ballpark entirely in this example).

Having a lower screen res definitely increases the Graphic and the battery performance. Android manufacturers are still behind ppi, megapixels, clock speed and CPU cores war since people like you can easily be brainwashed by specs on paper.

This is not the point though. The point is that Apple don't even offer the option for a higher resolution like ALL other flagship phones do. I think LAwLz has explained this point well enough in his last post. If we agree that "X is good enough", progress does slow and WHY would Apple change things if their users are happy with what the have? They can just keep charging the same price for each new iPhone with the same screen resolution (not that they aren't doing that now). The battery in an iPhone isn't even 2000mAh.... Apple are really just cutting corners and are trying to force their users to own multiple chargers in order to keep their phone on 24/7 (Don't forget, a legitimate Apple Charger and Cable will cost over $50). Just look at Misanthrope's post, the Samsung Note II had a longer endurance than an iPhone 5s. There are more facts here so far than you have provided in any of your argument's in any post's.

Well from what you're blabbing out over here, you sound like an IT illiterate, thinking whatever you say is always true 

I could say the same about you based on your rebuttal. You have not based of your claims on any facts, rather anecdotes. This is clearly not a reliable measure, as stated by LAwLz that even humans have their own deficiencies that we can not always take into account when giving our own opinions (particularly with sight).

There is a limit to your exaggeration. People don't move from iPhone because android tend to always have weird errors of sorts. My relative has a Galaxy S4 and it hangs, crashes and occasionally just blacks out. Since I'm a tech enthusiast I know whats happening but my relative doesn't know anything and just gets pissed.

Once again, you are just using your personal life experiences and are not describing any details (aka facts) in your argument. What do you think is happening? Since you are such a 'tech enthusiast', I would have expected some more details rather than hot air. \

Also 4 years software support, bringing new features and UI changes are also welcome. my relative's galaxy s4 still looks the same and the KitKat update just brought out more problems.

You're basing your opinion on KitKat from the Samsung derivative OS on the phone, obviously since you haven't helped your relative and flashed the phone to a vanilla version. And wtf are you on about with '4 years software support'?

Legit, Apple have had the same fucking UI since 2008. I'll put up the screenshots if you would like, but it's a waste of time for myself to even bother.

Also iCloud, simplicity and compactness are also a factor.

iCloud? If you bought an Apple product in particular just to use iCloud, then you may as well fork out $3000 and buy a Titan Z to have 4K gaming with PhysX, or the same with 780Ti Sli. w/e. it's the same principle regardless. This is propietray and some people are simply lazy or don;t like change. Shit some people in life don't even like challenges and just want to walk down easy street 24/7.

People who I know switched to android only because they wanted a bigger screen

Either you only know one person in life, that being your relative with the GS4 (which BTW I never recommended or said was any better than an iPhone), or you are just stating the obvious feature that Apple cannot compete with in this scenario. Have you ever considered that some people don't like simplicity and would rather be 'stimulated' in life sometimes? Sometimes you need to just learn new things to live in modern reality, otherwise, you get left behind with the sheep.

Also, did you ever consider that people switch to android because they are annoyed by the restrictions of iOS?

ALL SCREENS ON ALL FREAKING PHONES CRACK, BASIC PHYSICS YOU DOUCHEBAG!!

And atleast they're the only company that seems to do something about it rather than increasing numbers on everything

Well, I don't like to be called a douche bag just as much as the next guy, you obviously have taken the TITLE CASE wording as 'yelling' rather than a 'dramatization in writing'.

Please don't question my intelligence either, I enjoy physics more than enjoy putting Apple fan boys in their place. Did i say that other phones are invincible? Sure didn't! But my $350 Z1 sure can take quite a beating compared to the average iPhone 5s. Let alone it is rated at IP58. Apple is only now only about to introduce waterproof technology in their new line of iPhone's, to keep up with the rest of the flagship phones. Do you see Apple doing anything extra (in terms of hardware, not apps or faps), that other android flagship phones have to adapt? Try listing one, go on. Retina display, yeah right....

Oh, and Apple was probably the last company to do anything about stopping people from cracking their screens. They love extra revenue where ever they can pick it up.

http://www.treehugger.com/gadgets/iphone-users-have-spent-6-billion-broken-phones.html

All you seem to do is make you're own claims and act like Mister Know it all. And if I was ever displeased about my iPhone I would be bashing it badly. Seems like you're the one who regretted your android phone, since the whole idea just came from you

My own claims? What claims are you making? that ~300ppi is the max you can see from 10-12 inches away?

Is your iPhone still in tact at this point as well?

The idea of regret comes from the fact that you are disagreeing with LG's statements that 'Retina Display' definition is a fat, whopping load of Apple pie. It isn't a standard by anyone's means but Apples, and anyone else silly enough to believe such fairy tales. Just because Job's said so doesn't give it factual base whatsoever. 

On a final note,

1. You have compared Samsung in so many references that it wasn't even warranted to do so in the first place. Where, in any of my post's, did i refer to a GS4/5. I am not defending Samsung at all either. I am however saying that you can obtain a very similar value from a Motorola Moto G as you do from any iPhone, for the general, non-exorbitant consumer. The Moto E is due to hit the market soon, and it will be just as REALISTICALLY priced as the Moto E. 

2. 'Retina Display' definition, is only something Apple have endorsed. I would not call it 'scientific' by any means. There are hundreds of criticism's over the claim that the human eye can only see around 300ppi at about 10-12 inches. Job's said it to make people fap harder.

3. Apple's net worth is so big, how can you substantiate that Apple is offering the best quality for their phones while maintaining the highest profit margin of any smartphone in the market, let alone the quantity that are bought. Please provide some fact here before you even approach this one again.

PS - I forgot that you insulted me earlier for purchasing the Z1 instead of a Z1s (first off, they're pretty much the same damn phone. I'm not a fan of the Apple tactic of prefixed 'i's or suffixed 's')'.
Next time, consider the demographics of the poster. Australia does not have T-mobile. Also, I buy my phones outright or second hand in order to exploit better phone deals with 'secondary' carriers.

I just want to pop in and debunk the fact that technical people do not use apple products on the contrary, its been months since i've seen a windows computer in person. I'm a graduate student in computational geophysics, I've done work on Stampeded (one of the worlds fastest computers), have built my own beowulf cluster and have designed advanced parallel programs to crunch large amounts of data. I am both an Iphone and Mac user, and I don't know the exact ratio of my colleagues that do, but I know a vast majority do and here is why: there is not reason to.

Are you telling me that the jump from an iPhone 5s to a top tier android phone is going to be like going from a blackberry to an iphone in 2007? This argument is obtuse. Investing time into something that has nothing to do with my research, and probably wont give me a ton of joy is insane. Now, I'm sure I could pick up android in a month or so of normal use, but whatever. 

Phones, computers, ect are stupid. How you use them makes YOU smart. If you can use an iphone in smart ways, there is no reason to switch. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I just want to pop in and debunk the fact that technical people do not use apple products on the contrary, its been months since i've seen a windows computer in person. I'm a graduate student in computational geophysics, I've done work on Stampeded (one of the worlds fastest computers), have built my own beowulf cluster and have designed advanced parallel programs to crunch large amounts of data. I am both an Iphone and Mac user, and I don't know the exact ratio of my colleagues that do, but I know a vast majority do and here is why: there is no reason to.

I am a bit confused here. There is no reason to use Apple?

Are you telling me that the jump from an iPhone 5s to a top tier android phone is going to be like going from a blackberry to an iphone in 2007? This argument is obtuse. Investing time into something that has nothing to do with my research, and probably wont give me a ton of joy is insane. Now, I'm sure I could pick up android in a month or so of normal use, but whatever. 

Phones, computers, ect are stupid. How you use them makes YOU smart. If you can use an iphone in smart ways, there is no reason to switch. 

I agree with most of what you're saying that if you don't have a problem, then don't switch. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I do not entirely agree with your last statement however. The smart person would be using the right tool for the right job, rather than using a familiar tool which may be much more than what is required for the task.

My point is though, in your case, that you do not see a gain in investing time into researching into particular phones to determine the best one for value, given the specific tasks. For general consumers, this time is money, and your money depends on the kind of income you earn. So depending on the kind of income your pull each year, it either may or may not be worth investing the time into determining the best tool fit for the job.

I 'm assuming in your scenario that it probably isn't worth your time, and that is fair enough. However I am assuming that most people do not fall into this category.

cannot wait for this phone, call me stupid but im selling my nexus 5 and LG G2 to get this.

I don't know why people hate on manufacturers which provide a higher pixel count...IT'S EVOLUTION OF THE MARKET!Why the hell wouldn't you want evolution?The only downside of 1440p on phones right now is the lack of content for it.

i rather have a revolution then a evolution in a tech related market.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

You have gone well off topic of my argument in the first place, that the Price vs Performance factor is definitely in favour of Motorola in this case.

Perhaps base your 'claims' on some fact before you go calling bullshit on everyone else.

1. You still have not provided any evidence to support your claim that the Trulimnos Display is crap, let alone can prove that the LG panels are any better anyway (btw, you didn't answer that one either). Let me just remind that these type of panels or used in televisions TODAY, so I would base your claims on fact next time.

2. Your statement about 3GS' and other Flagship phones are opinion, not fact. You can't account for every persons choice, only what you see. This is probably a biased view based on your stance towards Apple as well.

A friend of mine from work uses an iPhone 3G, not by choice, but from the fact that his iPhone (5, 4 or w/e) screen was smashed and was being repaired. This is no support for your theory about long lasting quality, rather it is mostly people who keep their previous phone as insurance that they lose their current one. Take a photo of someone in public using a 3GS to support your claim, it would be the first thing you supply as some form of evidence in your argument. Don't just make outrageous claims that you cannot back up with some fact.

3. 'You people'? How dare you. We should be calling you, 'you people' to be honest. I would just like to let you know that iPhone's are one of the most expensive, standard model, phones on the market, compared to any other android flagship phone (I'm talking averages, not specifics. If you used a Trimmed Mean to represent this comparison in price, it would blow Apple out of the ballpark entirely in this example).

This is not the point though. The point is that Apple don't even offer the option for a higher resolution like ALL other flagship phones do. I think LAwLz has explained this point well enough in his last post. If we agree that "X is good enough", progress does slow and WHY would Apple change things if their users are happy with what the have? They can just keep charging the same price for each new iPhone with the same screen resolution (not that they aren't doing that now). The battery in an iPhone isn't even 2000mAh.... Apple are really just cutting corners and are trying to force their users to own multiple chargers in order to keep their phone on 24/7 (Don't forget, a legitimate Apple Charger and Cable will cost over $50). Just look at Misanthrope's post, the Samsung Note II had a longer endurance than an iPhone 5s. There are more facts here so far than you have provided in any of your argument's in any post's.

I could say the same about you based on your rebuttal. You have not based of your claims on any facts, rather anecdotes. This is clearly not a reliable measure, as stated by LAwLz that even humans have their own deficiencies that we can not always take into account when giving our own opinions (particularly with sight).

Once again, you are just using your personal life experiences and are not describing any details (aka facts) in your argument. What do you think is happening? Since you are such a 'tech enthusiast', I would have expected some more details rather than hot air. \

You're basing your opinion on KitKat from the Samsung derivative OS on the phone, obviously since you haven't helped your relative and flashed the phone to a vanilla version. And wtf are you on about with '4 years software support'?

Legit, Apple have had the same fucking UI since 2008. I'll put up the screenshots if you would like, but it's a waste of time for myself to even bother.

iCloud? If you bought an Apple product in particular just to use iCloud, then you may as well fork out $3000 and buy a Titan Z to have 4K gaming with PhysX, or the same with 780Ti Sli. w/e. it's the same principle regardless. This is propietray and some people are simply lazy or don;t like change. Shit some people in life don't even like challenges and just want to walk down easy street 24/7.

Either you only know one person in life, that being your relative with the GS4 (which BTW I never recommended or said was any better than an iPhone), or you are just stating the obvious feature that Apple cannot compete with in this scenario. Have you ever considered that some people don't like simplicity and would rather be 'stimulated' in life sometimes? Sometimes you need to just learn new things to live in modern reality, otherwise, you get left behind with the sheep.

Also, did you ever consider that people switch to android because they are annoyed by the restrictions of iOS?

Well, I don't like to be called a douche bag just as much as the next guy, you obviously have taken the TITLE CASE wording as 'yelling' rather than a 'dramatization in writing'.

Please don't question my intelligence either, I enjoy physics more than enjoy putting Apple fan boys in their place. Did i say that other phones are invincible? Sure didn't! But my $350 Z1 sure can take quite a beating compared to the average iPhone 5s. Let alone it is rated at IP58. Apple is only now only about to introduce waterproof technology in their new line of iPhone's, to keep up with the rest of the flagship phones. Do you see Apple doing anything extra (in terms of hardware, not apps or faps), that other android flagship phones have to adapt? Try listing one, go on. Retina display, yeah right....

Oh, and Apple was probably the last company to do anything about stopping people from cracking their screens. They love extra revenue where ever they can pick it up.

http://www.treehugger.com/gadgets/iphone-users-have-spent-6-billion-broken-phones.html

My own claims? What claims are you making? that ~300ppi is the max you can see from 10-12 inches away?

Is your iPhone still in tact at this point as well?

The idea of regret comes from the fact that you are disagreeing with LG's statements that 'Retina Display' definition is a fat, whopping load of Apple pie. It isn't a standard by anyone's means but Apples, and anyone else silly enough to believe such fairy tales. Just because Job's said so doesn't give it factual base whatsoever. 

On a final note,

1. You have compared Samsung in so many references that it wasn't even warranted to do so in the first place. Where, in any of my post's, did i refer to a GS4/5. I am not defending Samsung at all either. I am however saying that you can obtain a very similar value from a Motorola Moto G as you do from any iPhone, for the general, non-exorbitant consumer. The Moto E is due to hit the market soon, and it will be just as REALISTICALLY priced as the Moto E. 

2. 'Retina Display' definition, is only something Apple have endorsed. I would not call it 'scientific' by any means. There are hundreds of criticism's over the claim that the human eye can only see around 300ppi at about 10-12 inches. Job's said it to make people fap harder.

3. Apple's net worth is so big, how can you substantiate that Apple is offering the best quality for their phones while maintaining the highest profit margin of any smartphone in the market, let alone the quantity that are bought. Please provide some fact here before you even approach this one again.

PS - I forgot that you insulted me earlier for purchasing the Z1 instead of a Z1s (first off, they're pretty much the same damn phone. I'm not a fan of the Apple tactic of prefixed 'i's or suffixed 's')'.

Next time, consider the demographics of the poster. Australia does not have T-mobile. Also, I buy my phones outright or second hand in order to exploit better phone deals with 'secondary' carriers.

This is getting boring so I'm going to keep all my answers short:

You can't do a price vs performance comparison with a phone as there is no real way of measuring it. iPhones always tend to last long and still be smooth. Of course there were some problems with iOS 7 at first but 7.1 fixed most of the issues. Any other flagship android phones will definitely become slow and laggy over time. It's still one of the major cons of android

Xperia Z1 has a some coating which ruins the display's viewing angles making everything look washed out. Watch Marques brownlee's video where he demonstrates this perfectly. I'm surprised a person like you couldn't notice it with your Z1. Or do you even have one?

I never seen Galaxy S, Xperia mini, Xperia play, HTC Sensation all which have released well after iPhone 4. But I still see 3GS in the streets. I don't have to bother taking a photo to convince some arrogant guy like you.

There are statistics of iPhone because its a single phone from one of best companies. No one checks how many galaxy s4's displays were repaired or any other similar android flagship. Watch some drop test videos and you'll be surprised to know how many android phones are delicate

Almost everywhere the prices of flagship are between $600-$900. The HTC One M8 is much more expensive than than the 5s's initial price

What's the point in having something that you can't even notice. All it does is bring more problems to the GPU and battery. Very very very less people will see the difference between QHD and FHD display on daily basis. What iPhone provides is better colours, viewing angles, slimness, 4 years software support and a long lasting phone. LG just wants to get attention from people like you so they can increase their profits

The battery in an iPhone isn't 2000 mAH because there is no FREAKIN SPACE. Check some tear down video you idiot. Battery fills almost half of the phone. And on the record they use Li-Po rather than Li-ion which is harder to make in bigger capacities because of its better quality and compactness

So you're saying you aren't an human. Well let humans have deficiency. If something satisfies a human then be it. FHD panels are a great example

You're saying that android never crashes or lags. You must have never used an android phone then. ITS A UNIVERSALLY PROVEN FACT

FLASHING IS NOT A SOLUTION. You'll loose so many of the phone's functionality like S view cover. Plus you're risking your device from being bricked and flashing voids you're warranty. You're doing something with the phone that the manufacture does not support

HAve you been sleeping in a cave something. Have you heard of iOS 7. And what I meant is functionality. My 3GS has way more features than advertised when it release since I've got iOS 6 rather than iOS 3. It almost never happens with android. All I\ve seen as of now in GS4 is green icons turning white in the status bar. Even google doesn't support devices for more than 2 years despite claiming kitkat is optimised for 512mb RAM devices (Galaxy nexus with 1GB RAM doesn't have kitkat)

People who likes customizability over simplicities are minorities. Go and check any android phones out in the street and 90% wont have custom launchers of sorts. 90% of the sales come from these general consumers so customisability is a minority thing

WTF are you talking about iCloud and Titan Z. iCloud syncs stuff between Apple devices and to windows to. It works better than most other services where it straight up doesn't appear. Notes, contacts, mails, phone settings, notifications, iCloud Keychain, Find my iPhone, iWork Suite, photo syncing, game achievements, saved data all syncs across devices FYI. You yourself don't know what you're talking about

My simplicity over customizability still stands

What is there is android. IP57 (not IP58) is something that very less people care about. Because of it there are flaps around every port which is so much more annoying. And almost all phones these days are splash proof and If you know what to do with a phone that just got wet, then you can easily get it back in working conditions. And all android phone does is keep getting bigger and bigger every year

Read the rest of the comments in this thread and you'll see alot people agreeing that QHD on a phone is absurd

They have high profit margin because they don't spend a lot in ads like other companies. In a way they are saving money and that's how business works

All you people do is bash apple in every way. What I'm talking is about legitimate problems that people face while you talk about customizability that most people dont give a shit about. And your totally ignoring that fact that Apple supports iDevices more than any other company does. Right now Galaxy S3 or HTC One+ or Sony Xperia Z doesn't existing the respective manufacturers support list

I don't know why people hate on manufacturers which provide a higher pixel count...IT'S EVOLUTION OF THE MARKET!Why the hell wouldn't you want evolution?The only downside of 1440p on phones right now is the lack of content for it.

Well, considering battery life on most phones is OK at best, the last thing we need is higher pixel count. They should be focusing on making the batteries last longer, not draining them faster by upgrading the screens, which look amazing as it is, so IDK why they're in a rush to make them 1440p, then inevitably 4k in a few months (that is what you call "exaggeration" for those of you who thought i literally meant a 3 months).

Personally, I'd rather have a 1080p screen that lasts a long time, than a 1440p "retina display" (lol) that lasts like 6 hours.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Because it's a step backwards not forward.

Phones don't lack resolution they lack hardware performance and battery life.

Pushing a higher resolution will increase the load on the phone and will decrease the battery life without even getting any real world benefit from the higher resolution.

They should rather put OLED on every phone that would increase battery life,viewing angels, color reproduction, and reduce input lag.

RTX2070OC 

Because it's a step backwards not forward.

Phones don't lack resolution they lack hardware performance and battery life.

Pushing a higher resolution will increase the load on the phone and will decrease the battery life without even getting any real world benefit from the higher resolution.

They should rather put OLED on every phone that would increase battery life,viewing angels, color reproduction, and reduce input lag.

OLED does not increase battery life in normal phone usage. It does not necessarily have better viewing angels than IPS and up until very recently, OLED was awful for color accuracy (one but not the only reason for this is that Android isn't color space aware), and it's still lagging behind good IPS panels like the one in the Nexus 5 and iPhone 5.

OLED does not increase battery life in normal phone usage. It does not necessarily have better viewing angels than IPS and up until very recently, OLED was awful for color accuracy (one but not the only reason for this is that Android isn't color space aware), and it's still lagging behind good IPS panels like the one in the Nexus 5 and iPhone 5.

+1 After using SUPER AMOLED HD+ on a GS3 for 2 years, IPS on an iPhone is heaven. Websites with white backgrounds don't look blue anymore. 

there are some seriously stupid people ITT like the guy who says

only stuoid people and computer illiterate people buy iphone

dude i am very computer literate and i buy iphone because its better than android. the fact that android is more complicated doesnt mean its better .....watchdogs uses more resources than BF3 does it  mean its a better game? people buy apple because it works..thats it it works, maybe it dosent have the bells and whistles that some phones have but at the end of the day who gives a shit. ppi is just like megapixles in cameras.......it plays a part but higher does not always mean better. there is so much more to it than that.

also

the iphone is $700

who buys a phone without a contract? most people buy there contract and phone at the same time to get the phone cheaper and here in the uk the iphone is normally a very similar if not the same price as all the other flagships so ......

the 1+1 is awesome and i want its babies even though its OS is buggy and it hasnt been releeased and hasnt really been tested properly yet and there has to be something that been cheeped out on to get the phone so cheep

man f*** the 1+1 WHEN its been out for a while and all is still rosie then ill think about it untill then im sceptical. if it seams to good to be true then it probably is

oh and this guy

well if the OS is buggy then just flash a new rom

i. nearly. wet. myself.   seriously that has to be the most stupidest comment ever. because average joe is gonna want to root and flash there phone, average joe thinks rooting a phone has something to do with mobile porn FFS and if you have to root and flash your phone from brand new because the OS is that bad DUDE BUY A BETTER PHONE, anything, iphone, samsung, this

cell80s.jpg

seriously not a selling point

personaly this ppi crap is up there with camera MP and ram size. as long as my phone lasts 2 years, has a battery that lasts a day, takes a good picture and dosent need me to spend 3 days trying to figure something that should be basic out on it im happy i have better things to spend my time on

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

dude i am very computer literate and i buy iphone because its better than android. the fact that android is more complicated doesnt mean its better .....watchdogs uses more resources than BF3 does it  mean its a better game? people buy apple because it works..thats it it works, maybe it dosent have the bells and whistles that some phones have but at the end of the day who gives a shit. ppi is just like megapixles in cameras.......it plays a part but higher does not always mean better. there is so much more to it than that.

Please give objective reasons why the iPhone is better. At the end of the game, many people "give a shit" if the phone do or doesn't offer functionality they want.

Higher amount of pixels (both in a camera and a phone) is better, assuming the other things are the same. Yes there are more to it than just the number of pixels, but that does not mean we should ignore the number of pixels.

who buys a phone without a contract? most people buy there contract and phone at the same time to get the phone cheaper and here in the uk the iphone is normally a very similar if not the same price as all the other flagships so ......

I do, because in Sweden if you buy a phone on contract you also get a raised contract fee. Right now I am paying the equivalence of 7 dollars a month for 3GB of data (free calls and SMS to everyone with the same carrier, very very low cost for other calls). If I bought an iPhone 5S with the same amount of data, on a 2 year contract, I would have to pay the equivalence of ~35 dollars a month and in the end it would be the same or more expensive.

man f*** the 1+1 WHEN its been out for a while and all is still rosie then ill think about it untill then im sceptical. if it seams to good to be true then it probably is

It is already out. It's really hard to get but there are reviews of it out and they seems pretty good. It does have some drawbacks but all phones do. For that price it's really really hard to beat though.

i. nearly. wet. myself.   seriously that has to be the most stupidest comment ever. because average joe is gonna want to root and flash there phone, average joe thinks rooting a phone has something to do with mobile porn FFS and if you have to root and flash your phone from brand new because the OS is that bad DUDE BUY A BETTER PHONE, anything, iphone, samsung, this

Who even said that? I can't find that quote anywhere in the thread, but I think that person kind of has a point. If you are a tiny bit into smartphones then you should be able to figure out how to root your phone and/or flash a custom ROM.

If the comment was aimed at LTT forum members then I agree with it. Flashing your phone can be really useful. I didn't flash my Nexus 10 because the OS was bad. I flashed it because it gave me more functionality.

personaly this ppi crap is up there with camera MP and ram size. as long as my phone lasts 2 years, has a battery that lasts a day, takes a good picture and dosent need me to spend 3 days trying to figure something that should be basic out on it im happy i have better things to spend my time on

That's because you don't understand how/why it can be good. Fine, you are okay as long as you have basic stuff but not everyone is you. Personally I care a lot about my phone and want better than "good". I don't see why people these days seem to take pride in having low standards. Why settle for "good" pictures if the competitors have "great" pictures? If you need 3 days to figure out something basic on a phone then sorry but your previous statement about being "very computer literate" is not true.

If my grandma and grandpa can figure out Android in a few days then you should too. Press phone to call. Press Messages to send messages. Press Facebook to go to Facebook. These are not hard things to figure out.

People aren't hating on the manufacturer because they are pushing the envelope, but because the manufacturer is using stupid logic to get their point across. BLOWING UP 3 RESOLUTIONS TO A MASSIVE SIZE ISN'T GOING TO PROVE A HIGHER RESOLUTION IS BETTER FOR SMALL DISPLAYS.

Please give objective reasons why the iPhone is better. At the end of the game, many people "give a shit" if the phone do or doesn't offer functionality they want.

i dont have to and do you know why? because thats my opinion. i can give you reasons why i dont like android but there gonna be my opionons. the app store is a mile better, it tends to have better apps and apples quality control weeds out the clones and crap apps that some 12 year old coded in his bedroom, which is seriously unoptimised, gobbles recourse and doesnt utilise multitasking correctly and runs in the background when its not meant to.  not to mention the malware and malicious apps that plague the store. Ios is much simpler to use than android, imessage is awesome and a absolute fuck ton better than whatsapp, the intergeneration of it means you dont have 2 or 3 diferant messaging tools on your phone just one, facetime....again awesome. i think ios looks better than android i hate widgets, a clock that shows you the weather where you are....LOOK OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW the icons are all over the place and look messsy. you never get updates when your ment to you have to wait for the carrier to release them if they ever do, and until recently most androd phones look cheap, plastic will always be plastic 

but being as your so fixated buy the objective how about you give some objective reasons why android is better than ios?

Higher amount of pixels (both in a camera and a phone) is better, assuming the other things are the same. Yes there are more to it than just the number of pixels, but that does not mean we should ignore the number of pixels.

yeah but all things are not equal and this leads to PPI and MP being used as marketing crap that people buy into

I do, because in Sweden if you buy a phone on contract you also get a raised contract fee. Right now I am paying the equivalence of 7 dollars a month for 3GB of data (free calls and SMS to everyone with the same carrier, very very low cost for other calls). If I bought an iPhone 5S with the same amount of data, on a 2 year contract, I would have to pay the equivalence of ~35 dollars a month and in the end it would be the same or more expensive.

yes well in the modern world where we dont all use a horse and cart and candles we have contracts that tend to even things out

It is already out. It's really hard to get but there are reviews of it out and they seems pretty good. It does have some drawbacks but all phones do. For that price it's really really hard to beat though.

i loled at this. it proves my point. its not been proven because no one  has it to test it properly and flaws in the os that mean that you need to root it and flash a new rom for it to be usable....thats not a draw back its a fuck up.

Who even said that? I can't find that quote anywhere in the thread, but I think that person kind of has a point. If you are a tiny bit into smartphones then you should be able to figure out how to root your phone and/or flash a custom ROM.

If the comment was aimed at LTT forum members then I agree with it. Flashing your phone can be really useful. I didn't flash my Nexus 10 because the OS was bad. I flashed it because it gave me more functionality.

allow me to find it for you

But that's the beauty of android phones. flash it with a "vanilla" rom and you're good to go ^^

and WTF "you should be able to flash your phone its not that hard and most people on here can"

1 i said average joe, not tech guy

2 its not about ability but willingness I DONT WANT TO i spend enough time fuking about with mu computer that i dont want to have to do that to my phone too plus rooting means that certain apps dont work like skype, banking apps, some catchup services and before you say it no the work arounds dont work for every app. that leads me nicley into........

That's because you don't understand how/why it can be good. Fine, you are okay as long as you have basic stuff but not everyone is you. Personally I care a lot about my phone and want better than "good". I don't see why people these days seem to take pride in having low standards. Why settle for "good" pictures if the competitors have "great" pictures? If you need 3 days to figure out something basic on a phone then sorry but your previous statement about being "very computer literate" is not true.

If my grandma and grandpa can figure out Android in a few days then you should too. Press phone to call. Press Messages to send messages. Press Facebook to go to Facebook. These are not hard things to figure out.

you condensing ass hat. i had a desire hd for 18 months, 12 of which it was rooted. i flashed several roms from android revolution to miui and several in between i also rooted and flashed the mrs phone too. if i had low standards i wouldn't have built my own computer i would have a shitty laptop, i wouldnt have an iphone id have a galaxy ace, my phone delivers great pictures and does everything i want it to brilliantly, thats why i have it. i dont need 3 days to figure something out if i can teach myself coding im sure android shouldnt tax me. i CHOOSE not to i would rather spend my time with something i care more about like my family gaming, not dicking around on my phone

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

i dont have to and do you know why? because thats my opinion. i can give you reasons why i dont like android but there gonna be my opionons. the app store is a mile better, it tends to have better apps and apples quality control weeds out the clones and crap apps that some 12 year old coded in his bedroom, which is seriously unoptimised, gobbles recourse and doesnt utilise multitasking correctly and runs in the background when its not meant to.  not to mention the malware and malicious apps that plague the store. Ios is much simpler to use than android, imessage is awesome and a absolute fuck ton better than whatsapp, the intergeneration of it means you dont have 2 or 3 diferant messaging tools on your phone just one, facetime....again awesome. i think ios looks better than android i hate widgets, a clock that shows you the weather where you are....LOOK OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW the icons are all over the place and look messsy. you never get updates when your ment to you have to wait for the carrier to release them if they ever do, and until recently most androd phones look cheap, plastic will always be plastic 

Of course you do. If you say "X is better than Y" then you should be able to explain why. You didn't present it as if it was just a mere opinion either. You said "i buy iphone because its better than android" then started talking about why things other phones does better than the iPhone aren't important.

I strongly disagree that the App store for iOS is better. They don't "weed out the clones and crap apps that some 12 year old coded in his bedroom".

The analysis firm Adeven checked the App store about 1 year ago and found that 60% of the apps in the app store have only been downloaded a handful of times, or none at all. There are about 2000 different flashlight apps for your iPhone.

So apps with duplicate functionality is a problem on iOS as well. It is a problem on all platforms, including iOS, OS X, Windows, Android, GNU/Linux etc. I don't really think it is a problem though. More choice is good.

I think the iOS app store has a higher average quality of apps, but I think Android has the best apps in the end. On my tablet I only use a handful of apps and a lot of them are worse or don't exist on iOS. I use an Anki app, which is free and works really well on Android, but it costs 25 dollars for iOS and still only offers the same functionality as the free version on Android.

I use Atarashii which is a MAL browser. The apps that exist for iOS looks like crap (text lists with links) while Atarashii on Android looks really nice (thumbnails which links to each show).

ES File Explorer vs no file explorer at all. This always drives me insane when I try to use iOS. Just give me control over the file system on my phone dammit. I want to organize my things myself.

It's been a while since I used iOS but back when I used it, there were no decent video players like MX Player on Android. I want to decide if I am going to use hardware or softwade decoding. I want to be able to choose if I want to seek to the closest key frame or the exact frame. I like being in control and most apps on iOS seems to be "one size fits all".

Changing the keyboard is another example of this. Want more examples of Android being better as far as apps goes? Things like Tasker and emulators. iOS has a higher quality as far as the average app goes, but I personally think Android has the best apps, and I choose to only install good ones so the pile of terrible apps for Android doesn't bother me at all.

I really don't see how you can complain about things like malware on Android and at the same time say you're computer literate. Each app shows you what permissions it wants. It's like logging into your admin account, download and installing a Trojan which says "I want to do these changes to your computer, is that okay?". There is only 1 person you can blame if you do this, and that's yourself.

I don't use Whatsapp, or iMessage so I can't comment on that or Facetime but they might very well be better on iOS than Android.

You don't have to use widgets if you don't want to, and what's bad about knowing the weather without having to look out the window? You sometimes can't see the temperature just by looking either. It's really really hard to foresee the future if it's going to rain or not as well. The only reason why your Android home screen would look messy is if you made it messy. You can make it look however you want. Want a grid of icons? Then make it a grid of icons. Nothing is stopping you.

Having to wait for carriers is only an issue in the US because your carriers sucks. Not an issue in the rest of the world, and it's not an issue if you buy a phone like the Nexus series, or some other phone that has not been modified by a carrier (like the OnePlus One, Oppo phones, etc). It is a problem on many phones in the US though and I will give you that. The only thing we can do about it is complain to the carriers though.

I don't understand why you say plastic as if that's a bad thing. "Most" does not mean "all" either. Don't want plastic? Then don't buy a phone made out of it. It's nice to have the choice of which material to get, right? That's what's nice about Android. Don't like phone X that runs Android? Then you can get phone Y that runs Android. Don't like the latest iPhone? Then don't get an iPhone or get used to it.

yeah but all things are not equal and this leads to PPI and MP being used as marketing crap that people buy into

But they still have their merits. The HTC One suffers greatly by having such a low resolution camera. Even if they made everything else about it awesome, it still would lack fine details in the images because the resolution is simply not high enough.

We don't even have proper measurements of the LG G3's screen yet. It might be great in all other regards as well. You keep trying to downplay the importance of resolution because that's an area where the iPhone is lagging behind. All aspects are important, so stop trying to downplay the importance of one of them.

We can still benefit from increasing the PPI, just like we can still benefit from making the colors more accurate, the screen brighter, etc.

Right now we only have the PPI measurements for the display, so let's stick with discussing that. Once we get other measurements we can start talking about how good or bad those are.

yes well in the modern world where we dont all use a horse and cart and candles we have contracts that tend to even things out

Wow great argument you got there mate. Since when is Sweden, a country which is far far ahead of the UK in terms of Internet infrastructure, not part of the "modern world"?

My point was that a lot of people do not buy phones on contracts. Just because you do does not mean everyone else does as well, and saying that countries where it's more uncommon aren't modern is childish.

i loled at this. it proves my point. its not been proven because no one  has it to test it properly and flaws in the os that mean that you need to root it and flash a new rom for it to be usable....thats not a draw back its a fuck up.

What? People have had it for weeks now. You don't need to flash it either. Stop with the strawmanning.

It would be nice with a proper review though, but the reason we don't have that yet is because Anandtech hasn't reviewed it. If you are okay with your normal phone reviewing sites like Engadget, Tech Crunch, MKBHD, cnet, TechRadar etc then there are plenty of reviews out.

allow me to find it for you

and WTF "you should be able to flash your phone its not that hard and most people on here can"

1 i said average joe, not tech guy

2 its not about ability but willingness I DONT WANT TO i spend enough time fuking about with mu computer that i dont want to have to do that to my phone too plus rooting means that certain apps dont work like skype, banking apps, some catchup services and before you say it no the work arounds dont work for every app. that leads me nicley into........

Oh ok. I didn't find the quote because you reworded what he said.

That comment was aimed at a member of LTT. I'm not sure about you but I expect more from a LTT member than from the average Joe in terms of general tech knowledge. I assume Sauron thinks the same way. Sauron didn't say anything about the average Joe, you did. Don't strawman please.

The thing about apps not working once rooted is false as well. I have no idea where you got that from. My bank account and Skype works on my tablet which is rooted just fine. No workarounds needed. They just werk.

you condensing ass hat. i had a desire hd for 18 months, 12 of which it was rooted. i flashed several roms from android revolution to miui and several in between i also rooted and flashed the mrs phone too. if i had low standards i wouldn't have built my own computer i would have a shitty laptop, i wouldnt have an iphone id have a galaxy ace, my phone delivers great pictures and does everything i want it to brilliantly, thats why i have it. i dont need 3 days to figure something out if i can teach myself coding im sure android shouldnt tax me. i CHOOSE not to i would rather spend my time with something i care more about like my family gaming, not dicking around on my phone

Okay this is strange... So now you're saying it doesn't take you 3 days to figure out basic stuff in Android? Then a lot of Android phones will tick all check boxes you listed before.

Last 2 years? Yep

Battery life that lasts a day? Yes a lot of Android phones have longer battery life than the iPhone.

Takes good pictures? Yep a lot of Android phones takes even better pictures than the iPhone.

Doesn't take 3 days to figure out basic stuff? Yepp you said it yourself that you don't need 3 days to do it.

So why are you against Android phones if these are your only criteria, and Android are better in two out of 4 of them, and equal at the rest?

Your "I'd rather spend time with my family than dick around on my  phone" argument doesn't hold up either, since you say you know Android (having used it for 18 months, installed several third party ROMs etc).

Which company could possibly have used this kind of marketing for the last 8 years??? I really can't think of the name right now, perhaps you can help... it had something to do with fruits... oh right, APPLE.

I like how people defend Apple products by saying better stuff is just made for marketing, whereas when Apple used to have the highest resolution and the highest Mpixel count according to the same people it was absolutely necessary and worth all of their money. When "retina" was launched you didn't complain so much about it being a marketing gimmick, did you? You bought into it, didn't you? So when I say a 1080p screen is the minimum if you want 700$ for your phone, please don't give me the "you can't tell the difference" bs, I heard that from console fanboys already and, needless to say, they are wrong.

"retina", "high Mpixels = better", "the size of iphones screens is perfect for one hand", "panoramic pictures" (which btw is the dumbest of these as nokia did that 5 years earlier) are all marketing slogans Apple uses to cover their near-inexistant innovation in their phones. Why use a more expensive 1080p screen when they can get a larger margin if they use a lower resolution one? let's give them the "you can't tell the difference 'cause pixel density" instead. Why bother designing a bigger screen when we can tell our costumers that "the size of iphones is carefully designed for one had and is perfect" (if it's so perfect why are they changing it now? complacent liars).

You can have the opinion you want and you don't HAVE to justify it, but then why are you asking US to justify other phones being better? Keep the opinion you want, but if you don't want to discuss it then get out of this conversation. It's easy to say other people are wrong but you are always right because "it's your opinion", but that's not how a forum works.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Your "I'd rather spend time with my family than dick around on my  phone" argument doesn't hold up either, since you say you know Android (having used it for 18 months, installed several third party ROMs etc).

Plus, why would you spend all that money on a phone if you're not going to use it? He's killing my brain cells with his arguments.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I went from a Note 2 to an iphone 5S and experience better battery life than I did with the Note 2.

well i might get half a day out of my iphone 5 if that.

sauron and lawlz....there is so much fanboy in your posts.... you 2 should just get a room 

Of course you do. If you say "X is better than Y" then you should be able to explain why.

no i dont its my opionon and i gave my reasons for that opinon

I think the iOS app store has a higher average quality of apps, but I think Android has the best apps in the end.

STUPIDEST. COMMENT. EVER.  you get that you contradicted yourself in the same line! it was at this point i started to give up because its clear that your so much of a fanboy that google could bum rape you and you would say "hell i deserved it" and your just never gonna get through to some one like that.

You keep trying to downplay the importance of resolution because that's an area where the iPhone is lagging behind

you keep telling yourslef that ppi is the be all and end all of a phone

That comment was aimed at a member of LTT. I'm not sure about you but I expect more from a LTT member than from the average Joe in terms of general tech knowledge

yeah but there are more than the contents of the LTT forums buying a phone.

Last 2 years? Yep

Battery life that lasts a day? Yes a lot of Android phones have longer battery life than the iPhone.

Takes good pictures? Yep a lot of Android phones takes even better pictures than the iPhone.

Doesn't take 3 days to figure out basic stuff? Yepp you said it yourself that you don't need 3 days to do it.

So why are you against Android phones if these are your only criteria, and Android are better in two out of 4 of them, and equal at the rest?

BECAUSE I DONT FUCKING LIKE ANDROID. END OF. MY CHOICE AND I CAN MAKE IT IF I LIKE.

and having tried that whole rom thing i would rather spend time on other things. again. MY CHOICE

Which company could possibly have used this kind of marketing for the last 8 years??? I really can't think of the name right now,

thats because your blinded by fanboyism.....lets see 

lg right now

samsung s5 "The stunning 16-megapixel camera gives you an incredibly fast auto-focus." from there own website

nokia and ther 42MP camera phone

and there are more but i cant be arsed disproving you any more 

Plus, why would you spend all that money on a phone if you're not going to use it?

so because im not rooting my phone or jailbreak it then im not using it? yeah ok

im done with you pair TBH i have spent more time than i wanted on this shit....i like apples phone and tablets, enfd of  why becasue i can, thats my right as a consumer. i dont like android, becasue again i can.  i dont hate on android if you want to buy android thats your choice, but dont try to cram this google fan boy shit down everyone throats.....

oh and welcome to the block list!

I strongly disagree that the App store for iOS is better. 

iOS does have better apps. Examples include games like infinity Blade, shadowgun, etc. Also iOS apps tend to look a lot better and work better (of course because of less devices, but at the end it's an advantage). VLC Media player lets iOS play almost all file types and all you have to do is drag and drop the movie into your iPad via Connection with computer or through Wifi. I've never heard of the apps you mentioned so I have no idea whether they're big companies. And I never seen an app that costs $25 dollars on an App store other than navigational apps

ES File Explorer vs no file explorer at all. This always drives me insane when I try to use iOS. Just give me control over the file system on my phone dammit. I want to organize my things myself.

The only reason I know why people use file manager is to transfer and manage files. In a way its true and feels easy since we've been doing it for a long time on windows. In an iOS device if you do have the app that reads the particular file, you can as I said before drag and drop files to your device which beats the necessity for file manager for me

I really don't see how you can complain about things like malware on Android and at the same time say you're computer literate. Each app shows you what permissions it wants. It's like logging into your admin account, download and installing a Trojan which says "I want to do these changes to your computer, is that okay?". There is only 1 person you can blame if you do this, and that's yourself.

That is actually a concern for normal users. iOS doesn't allow any app to be an administrator, so an app won't be able to take over your whole phone

Having to wait for carriers is only an issue in the US because your carriers sucks. Not an issue in the rest of the world, and it's not an issue if you buy a phone like the Nexus series, or some other phone that has not been modified by a carrier (like the OnePlus One, Oppo phones, etc). It is a problem on many phones in the US though and I will give you that. The only thing we can do about it is complain to the carriers though.

Outside even manufacturers tend to take a lot of time to roll an update. In case of Apple whenever they release a new iPhone with the latest iteration of iOS, everyone with the older iPhone receives the update immediately all around the world. In androdi, Google first announces it, then you wait for atleast 3 months, then if the manufacturer announces a new phone It will have the latest update further delaying it for the older phone. Then you wait for the update to roll out in region which makes me really pissed as it can take about a month or two. So after about 6 months you may get an update or the manufacturer may even completely ignore the older device. 

The HTC One suffers greatly by having such a low resolution camera. Even if they made everything else about it awesome, it still would lack fine details in the images because the resolution is simply not high enough.

HTC is stupid. 4MP is not enough as the lack of finer details. However 8MP doesn't have that kind of a problem. It's good for both printing and posting on social media. In fact I can say its the best of both worlds.Not too high that it hogs up all the space and takes time to upload but big enough to see everything on the picture clear and sharp.

And plus iPhones are reputed for having a good camera and most people do consider iPhone as a great camera phone. Lumia 1020 is better than iPhone but lacks in everything else

We can still benefit from increasing the PPI, just like we can still benefit from making the colors more accurate, the screen brighter, etc.

Right now we only have the PPI measurements for the display, so let's stick with discussing that. Once we get other measurements we can start talking about how good or bad those are.

Back to PPI. I do notice pixelation on iPad 2 after using my iPad 3. However I don't notice any pixelation when go from HTC One to an iPhone 5. Thats the whole point. Its been similar experience to almost everyone I've had a discussion with phone displays. One thing I learnt from this whole PPI race is that manufacturers can actually make high res display at a very reasonable cost. 4K monitors (which should be significantly easier than making a microscopic pixel) should be an industry standard 2 years ago. Since this whole PPI is the new marketing hype they'll go as far as making a QHD res on phone with 5.5" display just to be ahead of this whole pointless race. I wish LG would just make affordable 4K monitors rather than wasting R&D on SQUEEZING 3 MILLION PIXELS ON A 5.5" THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE A REAL WORLD DIFFERENCE

Brightness on the other hand is noticeable and cannot be considered something like pixel density

the whole ppi thing seams more like a pissing contest the problem i have is we dont have the infrastructre do delviver all this content at high tv is still 720p you tube et el are compressing there 1080 streams and were all banging on about 4k.......im looking forward to the reviews of the lg just to see if its all its cracke upto be

sauron and lawlz....there is so much fanboy in your posts.... you 2 should just get a room 

Yeah my post just oozes of me being a fanboy right? I mean, I had to resort to a bunch of logical fallacies to defend my stance, write certain things in all caps about how people who don't agree with me are stupid and I was totally one sided in my post. I also block people who have different views than me because my own views are not based on logical thinking and are therefore very fragile. Oh wait, sorry I got my post confused with yours there for a moment.

no i dont its my opionon and i gave my reasons for that opinon

But you didn't present it as an opinion. If I said "X is better than Y. Here is why people should ignore the benefits of Y" then you're giving the impression that what you are saying is objective, not subjective.

Please look at how my post is written and you will see the difference. I make it very clear what's fact and what's opinion in my post. You just sate your opinion as if they were absolute facts.

STUPIDEST. COMMENT. EVER.  you get that you contradicted yourself in the same line! it was at this point i started to give up because its clear that your so much of a fanboy that google could bum rape you and you would say "hell i deserved it" and your just never gonna get through to some one like that.

When did I contradict myself? What I said was that I think the average app in the app store is better than the average one for Android, but I also think that the best apps on Android are better than the best apps for iOS. How is that a contradiction?

Yes, if the user downloads a program and ignore warnings about what the app have access to then it is the users fault if you ask me.

you keep telling yourslef that ppi is the be all and end all of a phone

No I don't. What I said was this:

We don't even have proper measurements of the LG G3's screen yet. It might be great in all other regards as well. You keep trying to downplay the importance of resolution because that's an area where the iPhone is lagging behind. All aspects are important, so stop trying to downplay the importance of one of them.

I have no idea how you managed to gather "PPI is the be all and end all of a phone" from that.

Stop trying to strawman.

yeah but there are more than the contents of the LTT forums buying a phone.

I don't even know what you mean with this sentence. Are you trying to say that not everyone on LTT understand how to flash a phone? If that's what you mean then I agree. It is really easy to learn though and there are a bunch of great guides. There is even an installer for Cyanogenmod which makes it so that even my mom could flash her phone in no time, assuming her phone is supported.

BECAUSE I DONT FUCKING LIKE ANDROID. END OF. MY CHOICE AND I CAN MAKE IT IF I LIKE.

and having tried that whole rom thing i would rather spend time on other things. again. MY CHOICE

And you say my post is fanboyish...
Okay you don't like Android fair enough. That was not on your list of criteria you posted earlier though so you can't expect me to know that, right?
As long as you understand and is clear about it just being your subjective opinion then that's fine with me. I will still ask why you prefer it over something else since I am curious and want to hear how people with other opinions than me looks at things. It's healthy to expose yourself to different views, instead of creating a little bubble where everything agrees with you and anyone who doesn't gets blocked.

well i might get half a day out of my iphone 5 if that.

I rarely charge my phone every night. There is no need to. I typically get around 6 hours of constant use on it with brightness set to automatic so it usually lasts two days. Are you glued to the thing? 

iOS does have better apps. Examples include games like infinity Blade, shadowgun, etc. Also iOS apps tend to look a lot better and work better (of course because of less devices, but at the end it's an advantage). VLC Media player lets iOS play almost all file types and all you have to do is drag and drop the movie into your iPad via Connection with computer or through Wifi. I've never heard of the apps you mentioned so I have no idea whether they're big companies. And I never seen an app that costs $25 dollars on an App store other than navigational apps

Infinity Blade looks pretty but that's about it. I don't really like it but some do. Shadowgun is on Android as well. I disagree that the iOS apps tends to work better and look better, but it depends on which apps you get.

It seems like VLC is pretty decent on iOS. Can't do 1080p 10bit H.264 but I don't really expect any tablet to be able to do that (Snapdragon 805 can't come soon enough). A lot of people online seems to be having artifact issues and a lot say they don't I am not sure if there was an update or the people not having issues are using regular 8bit files but whatever. My iOS device is too old to be able to handle it anyway so I can't test it myself. I am not sure what settings VLC allows you to change though. Like I said before, I like as much control as possible.

The app I mentioned before was Anki. There seems like there is only one app for it on iOS and it costs 25 dollars. On Android there are several versions and the one I uses, AnkiDroid, is free. No idea why it's so expensive on iOS but it's not the first time I've noticed that the iOS counter parts are far more expensive. It's the only one I can think of right now, and it's an extreme case, but I know there are far more examples out there.

The only reason I know why people use file manager is to transfer and manage files. In a way its true and feels easy since we've been doing it for a long time on windows. In an iOS device if you do have the app that reads the particular file, you can as I said before drag and drop files to your device which beats the necessity for file manager for me

I use it to open files and organize. For example when I move files between the SD card and the main memory. I also organize stuff a lot in folders to keep things tidy (seems like VLC just throws all files into a single big list, not that great if you got 8946 video files).

It is really nice when you want to send a file to something (like another person or your own device), just being able to browse to the file and press send. I can also use it to open files in different programs. For example if I want to open a .rar archive in my manga viewer I can do that, or I can unpack it if I want that. It's faster for me to open a manga directly instead of opening my manga app as well, since my bookshelf is huge and takes quite a long time to load (134 folders and 1882 files in total).

It's a God send when you want to do backups as well. When I wanted to do a backup on my Anki progress (before I started syncing it on the web) I just opened my file explorer and copied the Anki folder. I did the same thing when I wanted to transfer my preferences in some other app. Just copy and paste it to my other device.

I just don't see the reason why you wouldn't give users easy access to their files.

That is actually a concern for normal users. iOS doesn't allow any app to be an administrator, so an app won't be able to take over your whole phone

You don't have to be admin to do harm on a phone, and Android doesn't allow admin access by default either (because you know, you need root for that).

Outside even manufacturers tend to take a lot of time to roll an update. In case of Apple whenever they release a new iPhone with the latest iteration of iOS, everyone with the older iPhone receives the update immediately all around the world. In androdi, Google first announces it, then you wait for atleast 3 months, then if the manufacturer announces a new phone It will have the latest update further delaying it for the older phone. Then you wait for the update to roll out in region which makes me really pissed as it can take about a month or two. So after about 6 months you may get an update or the manufacturer may even completely ignore the older device.

And a lot of times older Apple devices doesn't get the full update (hello Siri and multitasking). Are updates a big deal for you (you can do more on Android than on iOS even without updates so I don't really see the big deal)? Then get something like a Nexus device, or a Google play Edition device, or some phone with good third party support so you can install third party ROMs.

I really wish manufacturers were better at updating their devices, but there are ways around this "issue" (and by "issue" I mean "baww I don't feel special if I don't have the latest update"). It's not like Apple are that fast with updates either (security updates sometimes takes several weeks or even month(s)).

HTC is stupid. 4MP is not enough as the lack of finer details. However 8MP doesn't have that kind of a problem. It's good for both printing and posting on social media. In fact I can say its the best of both worlds.Not too high that it hogs up all the space and takes time to upload but big enough to see everything on the picture clear and sharp.

And plus iPhones are reputed for having a good camera and most people do consider iPhone as a great camera phone. Lumia 1020 is better than iPhone but lacks in everything else

I agree that HTC were stupid going with only 4MP and the camera in the iPhone 5S is really good, but I don't think "it takes longer to upload" is a good excuse to not go higher resolution.

I have high expectations for the LG G3's camera. It's a shame OIS is so rare in phones for some reason, especially on phones like the Galaxy S 5 which has really tiny pixels. For video the LG G3 will most likely blow the iPhone 5S out of the water. For photos I suspect the LG G3 to be slightly better but that remains to be seen.

Back to PPI. I do notice pixelation on iPad 2 after using my iPad 3. However I don't notice any pixelation when go from HTC One to an iPhone 5. Thats the whole point. Its been similar experience to almost everyone I've had a discussion with phone displays. One thing I learnt from this whole PPI race is that manufacturers can actually make high res display at a very reasonable cost. 4K monitors (which should be significantly easier than making a microscopic pixel) should be an industry standard 2 years ago. Since this whole PPI is the new marketing hype they'll go as far as making a QHD res on phone with 5.5" display just to be ahead of this whole pointless race. I wish LG would just make affordable 4K monitors rather than wasting R&D on SQUEEZING 3 MILLION PIXELS ON A 5.5" THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE A REAL WORLD DIFFERENCE

Brightness on the other hand is noticeable and cannot be considered something like pixel density

The human eye can still see far more than the 2560x1440 5.5" display on the LG G3. If it's noticeable or not varies from person to person and what you are looking at.

Kanji in small fonts can benefit greatly. Looking at photos taken with a phone camera will most likely not.

Yes, I agree that it's insane that we don't have at least 200 PPI screens for reasonable prices for desktops though. Why isn't 3840x2160 a standard resolution on 24" monitors? That's not even 200 PPI. It shouldn't be hard to scale on Windows either since you just have to make each pixel into 4 (two wide, two high) and it should look exactly the same as a 1920x1080 22" monitors.