ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor

NCIX: http://bit.ly/WY5yya

Amazon: http://georiot.co/3ken

ASUS has knocked it out of the park with the PB287Q. This monitor is suitable for casual content creation, gaming, productivity, and pretty much anything else you can think of. If it's time to go 4K, then it's time to go find whichever retailer has the best price on the PB287Q.

**IMPORTANT NOTE** Due to the product embargo for this monitor, I can't release the video until 6am pacific time :(

The good news is that it's worth the wait!

Got super excited when I saw it for $450 on Amazon, but I double checked and saw it was the PB278Q. :( Asus should really rethink their naming scheme

tumblr_li4a35dtQu1qhjikro1_500.gif

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Won't buy unless it's 4K Ips G-sync/ free sync for relatively low $$$.

Sorry if that's already invented, can't watch because I'm at work. :P

who cares...

Not to be confused with the PB278Q... cmon guys, these model names are getting a bit out of hand.

Seriously.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

**IMPORTANT NOTE** Due to the product embargo for this monitor, I can't release the video until 6am pacific time :(

The good news is that it's worth the wait!

AQlGd8a.gif

Yesss, I have been waiting FOREVER for this monitor! :D

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

This is awesome but now i'm torn whether to hold off for the G- SYNC Acer panel or not depending on how much more expensive it is. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

10417043_792172897483841_1604242944_n.jp

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Fedora....

Fedora....

To bad Linus can't grow a neckbeard

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

If it´s not ips.... I would still go with this one here in my country... Don´t fall off your chair..

http://www.pcdiga.com/2/13266/Monitor-Dell-UltraSharp-32-IPS-4k-Ultra-HD-UP3214Q

IPS is not worth almost 4 Times the cost of this one. Did you not hear how linus has said time and time and again, including this video that the quality of these 4K TNs is really not bad or crappy at all. 

Anyone care to explain the pros and cons of this vs. a possible Gsync monitor?

Or perhaps will Gsync be crammable into this?

Did anyone else notice that Linus tested the millisecond lag at 1080p? Isn't it possible for the millisecond lag to change between 1080p and 4k?

Anyone care to explain the pros and cons of this vs. a possible Gsync monitor?

Or perhaps will Gsync be crammable into this?

A G-Sync monitor gaming experience definitely will be better and smoother. However it's definitely going to be more expensive. The upcoming G-Sync Acer monitor is going to be at least $1000. As for cramming in g-sync the only monitor you can mod with g-sync is the asus vg248qe, anything else you're going to having to wait till it comes out already built in. 

I wish Linus reviewed this. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=860-BBCD

It's a monitor with 4k, IPS, 60Hz, 1.07B colors, 350 cd/m2, and 8ms GTG for $950.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I wish Linus reviewed this. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=860-BBCDhttp://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=860-BBCD

It's a monitor with 4k, IPS, 60Hz, 1.07B colors, 350 cd/m2, and 8ms GTG for $950.

MST ... meh ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Sooo you're done with the 21:9 monitor now? Make up your mind Linus!

May I refer you to 9:03 in the video?

He claims that he still prefers the 21:9 ratio, but there are some drawbacks to it. 

//ccap