ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor

Not to be confused with the PB278Q... cmon guys, these model names are getting a bit out of hand.

when you search for the 287 on amazon you just get the 278 :/

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

what is the MSRP supposed to be on this guy? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

ASUS......we need the swift....stop screwing around!!

ASUS......we need the swift....stop screwing around!!

I'm also patiently waiting for the Swift but now that Acer has announced a 4K I'm starting to have doubts...

If you guys were to choose between a 4K monitor with G-sync, and the Swift, which one would you pick?

10 AUD is less than 10 real dollars >.>? Really?!!?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I'm also patiently waiting for the Swift but now that Acer has announced a 4K I'm starting to have doubts...

If you guys were to choose between a 4K monitor with G-sync, and the Swift, which one would you pick?

I would go with the swift. 4K doesn't tickle my fancy with all the scaling issues that it seems to have. Also I want to push my hardware but still be able to play some games.......4K would melt my single GTX780 lol

Maybe a bit of an arb question, but, how does it look at 1440p? I can see even with a Sli 780Ti or more I can see needing to drop resolution to play certain games....

I would go with the swift. 4K doesn't tickle my fancy with all the scaling issues that it seems to have. Also I want to push my hardware but still be able to play some games.......4K would melt my single GTX780 lol

Swift looks to be a goody, any day now!

If i had the GPU Power to run morden games @ 60 fps i would properly buy it, but i think i gonna just stay with my 1080p for about another year or two until i decide to upgrade my GPU :P  

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

what is the MSRP supposed to be on this guy? 

Same as the older PB278Q - $649.99

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

When will this thing be available, anyone know?

(Excuse me if it was said in the video)

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

When will this thing be available, anyone know?

(Excuse me if it was said in the video)

Last date I´ve heard is june 10.

Thanks.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Thanks.

And now it´s june 20. :( At least where I ordered from.

Hi I hope this isn't too dumb a question but I'm thinking of getting this monitor and I would use it with both my PC and my xbox one I would use the display port with my PC for 4k 60hz and the hdmi 1.4 with my xbox one. Question is can I use my xbox one up scaled from 1080p to 1440p instead of 4k? And if so would it still run at 60hz?

Hi I hope this isn't too dumb a question but I'm thinking of getting this monitor and I would use it with both my PC and my xbox one I would use the display port with my PC for 4k 60hz and the hdmi 1.4 with my xbox one. Question is can I use my xbox one up scaled from 1080p to 1440p instead of 4k? And if so would it still run at 60hz?

No it would not be upscaled, the max resolution an xbox one can output is 1080p. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I'm debating to go either 4k or just a tri monitor set up.. The choices are real!

Seriously thinking about getting this here. But price is bit too high here in NZ...

Seriously thinking about getting this here. But price is bit too high here in NZ...

It´s definitly a good monitor. If you have the hardware to game in 4K it´s definitly worth it.

This is my dilemma as well.  However my new rig will start with only one GPU, so will I really be experiencing the major benefits of 144Hz 1440p?  On the other hand, will I be able to push 4K on one GPU?

However, I could get the PB287Q and game at 1440p 60Hz, and just do 4K when it's doable or if I upgrade later, as opposed to losing a ton of value in the Swift when nobody cares about it in 2-3 years.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

• 2 weeks later...

This is my dilemma as well.  However my new rig will start with only one GPU, so will I really be experiencing the major benefits of 144Hz 1440p?  On the other hand, will I be able to push 4K on one GPU?

However, I could get the PB287Q and game at 1440p 60Hz, and just do 4K when it's doable or if I upgrade later, as opposed to losing a ton of value in the Swift when nobody cares about it in 2-3 years.

I think this is the best: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2014/77934