ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor

did anyone else notice the dead pixels on the monitor in the video ? 

IPS is not worth almost 4 Times the cost of this one. Did you not hear how linus has said time and time and again, including this video that the quality of these 4K TNs is really not bad or crappy at all. 

I know, was just giving my personal opinion. I know it´s 4 times more expensive. Sorry, it´s just my opinion, i am not forced to agree, i think... I respect very much Linus and pretty much almost everything he thinks, but again, i do have my own opinion, i´m human, i will not agree with everything he says, i have my own tastes and i just posted them, sorry again xD

I know, was just giving my personal opinion. I know it´s 4 times more expensive. Sorry, it´s just my opinion, i am not forced to agree, i think... I respect very much Linus and pretty much almost everything he thinks, but again, i do have my own opinion, i´m human, i will not agree with everything he says, i have my own tastes and i just posted them, sorry again xD

No don't be sorry everyone is entitled to their own respectable opinions. :) 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

ok ok you sold me...was waiting for g-sync to come out but tired of waiting for it but the NCIX link comes up as "Search Result Not Found"...anyone know how much this is going to cost? Oh, the amazon link is for PB278Q...

What benchmark is he using?

Unigine Valley

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Linus... Did you forget to put it on DP1.2 and then you told us a little white lie saying that you tested 30Hz4k for giggles?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Did anyone notice the screen tearing at around 5:28? Is this all due to YouTube?

Did anyone notice the screen tearing at around 5:28? Is this all due to YouTube?

Yea I saw that too, no it wasn't youtube the benchmark was properly outputting way higher fps than 60. 

Whats the price and when is it available? Its not listed anywhere. 

Soooo...........Should i toss my Samsung,and shell out mo-money?

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

Words can not express how happy I am to see this monitor at this price point!

Would definitely buy if I had the money to build a rig that can handle 4k. 

Will probably wait until around Holiday 2014 when I have the money for 4k and a second 290 (assuming I build my planned rig this summer).

2:22 Did Linus simply make one of his silly jokes again with that 120 degrees of swivel or did he actually fail miserably trying to make it swivel?  :D

May I refer you to 9:03 in the video?

He claims that he still prefers the 21:9 ratio, but there are some drawbacks to it. 

I didn't even watch it :P 

Linus looks like Bill Nye with that hat.

Will_Nye-3.jpg

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I was pretty set on the LG 21:9, but seeing this at only ~$650....makes the LG look stupidly overpriced in comparision.....decisions decisions

I wonder...

Would a AMD 1055t @ 3.8ghz and two r9 290's @ 1100mhz be able to run BF4 multiplayer @ 60hz?

If so... I might have to pick one of these up.

Wow for $649 MSRP that's a pretty compelling deal considering they se 1440p monitors are only a few hundred less.

But Linus' 21:9 1440p monitor is also sexy. If I didn't go with 3x 1080p monitors I would probably opt for this one once more is said about it.

da_deity

Would love to see a monitor just like this, but without the 4K.

Holy sheet it's cheap.

Is Linus loosing it? I feel like I've lost him since my internet broke down and I can't see what's going on every Friday afternoon. Also there's no dp1.2a on that monitor right? Why not? I what A-sync.