EVO 840 500gb

Fullmetal1212

So now that's it's slowly destroyed my windows taking the crown for least reliable peice of hardware next to my garbage 7870's

What uses do you guys have for the pile of crap SSD. It's too small for my games nor would I trust it with them. My 1 TB handles them. I do use it for recording but I may get out of that. I DEFINITELY don't trust it for any of my files.

Sorry about neg's the pile just added almost 12 hours of work to get everything reinstalled and up and running again. I'm a little pissed. I've given SSDs chances twice. Bought the highest end and a intel thing and both have failed me drastically in record time each.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

..How's it destroying your Windows?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For how long have you been using it?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Can you describe what has actually happened with your SSD?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Installed it 2 months ago, installed windows on a 100gb partition, partitioned the rest for recording (empty NTFS Partition)

And over the course up until now i started having random crashes trying click on certain files, programs that suddenly are gone, and then  The computer management window would crash opening, and then i started loosing tools like format, and installed programs were starting to crash more and more often. 

Malware Bytes Antimalware Consumer - Nothing,

Spybot S+D - nothing

Microsofts AV - nothing, 

avg - nothing 

ccleaner- whole bunch of missing extensions but this is a normal ccleaner result as I install and uninstall things a lot. (only ran it 2wice once after installing everything, once before management quit opening, )

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Installed it 2 months ago, installed windows on a 100gb partition, partitioned the rest for recording (empty NTFS Partition)

And over the course up until now i started having random crashes trying click on certain files, programs that suddenly are gone, and then The computer management window would crash opening, and then i started loosing tools like format, and installed programs were starting to crash more and more often.

Malware Bytes Antimalware Consumer - Nothing,

Spybot S+D - nothing

Microsofts AV - nothing,

avg - nothing

ccleaner- whole bunch of missing extensions but this is a normal ccleaner result as I install and uninstall things a lot. (only ran it 2wice once after installing everything, once before management quit opening, )

Have you tried reinstalling Windows?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I install and uninstall things a lot.

There is your issue.

Sounds to me like files are getting fragmented or deleted by uninstalling constantly. I highly doubt this is the SSD at blame. Any corrupted sectors would have been picked up by the Samsung Magician. And your hardly using amazing Anti-viruses to scan. (AVG screws your internet up, Microsoft AV is similar to IE, nobody should use it, and malwarebytes is the only decent one there)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

My dads intel did the same thing, I'll give it a try but it has to prove itself to me before i won't have a Actual storage version, because it is almost 12 hours of messing with this thing to get it setup again, and when your internet takes 30 min to download 30 MB, installing certain things gets aggravating

I dumped AVG becauseits protection system is worse than any form of ad ware.

MIcro AV finds alot of false positives.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

My dads intel did the same thing

Uhm, this is more looking like that your way of using the PC is to blame then. 2 SSDs from different brands with the same issue? Very unlikely, this really is looking like it is "User Caused". Like said above, I don't think the hardware is to blame.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Intel SSD is in another computer with some specs. Never touched by me

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

I have actually had troubles with SSD's myself. it's my own fault for buying refurbished though.
Believe it or not, the first SSD I ever purchased actually squeaked and had an annoying slight ring. hard to understand with no moving parts.. turns out there was a disconnect at the sata port on the drive, and as it vibrated when i bumped my desk, it disconnected and BSODed.

The first brand new SSD I got was a samsung Evo, and immediately every single issue I ever had with SSDs was suddenly gone! I'm sorry for your issue, but unless you bought a faulty piece of hardware multiple times, I'm going to join in with saying its more likely a user error.

SSDs aren't built for constant high traffic. constantly moving huge files to and from them isn't what they are built to do. they are built to be written to occasionally, but give amazing read capabilities. This is why it's much better to install programs to an SSD, but have files and everything else on HDDs.

Write once, read quickly often. things like games and OS that get installed and then stay installed until you either replace the drive altogether or upgrade whatever.

Large files and video files don't really benefit from being on an SSD in the first place..

And as for any drive, rearranging and uninstalling/reinstalling can ware down your storage device if you don't metaphorically clean up after yourself, every drive will run less and less optimally as it gets more disorganized and messy with bits and pieces of things that don't exist anymore hanging around.