High School?

EmotionalSloth

It's been alright so far, and my school is literally full of assholes. I hate most of the people there.

Same for me. You would not believe how many fights I've seen where cops had to break it up. People would just walk out the doors to skip class. It seemed like every week someone would pull the fire alarm just so they could flee while every body was outside. I remember my school had hp dc5850's and students would put gum in the dvd drives, somehow remove the floppy drive cover and put trash inside the computers. I can go on and on. Lucky for me, everybody thought I was cool, even tho I was really shy at the time and didn't really talk. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

My mother homeschooled me, I couldn't say it made me smarter than anyone else but there sure were a lot less assholes around.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Right now as a freshman, with summer holiday starting next week, here's my experiences so far: Every student is nice here as they are. Sure, there's some unpredictable jocks, but no-one here hates anyone. Or maybe some do, but don't get angry towards other people in a offensive manner. Also, no-one bullies anyone, not seriously at least (some small teasing here and there, nothing serious).

Here's some specific groups in which students mostly are socializing with each other, but we can all rather freely communicate with anybody without too many issues. I however, have a problem of being left out of said groups and mostly left alone. And when I try to start a conversation, it only lasts for few seconds. When I join into a conversation, the conversation usually either ends or others ignore me. I know not every kind of group of people can be befriended, but when pretty much everyone does this? I have some issues...

Well... The next year when I'll be a sophomore I'll see if I'd get some friends out of upcoming freshmen, of which 2 of them were my school friends back in middle school. One of them games on PC somewhat much, and the other one is the guy who's glasses I broke few years ago (and also little brother of my other crush. She'll be senior in the next year btw)... We're still friendly for each others, though.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

As I'm about to graduate at the end of the year, I can safely say that you really don't need a girlfriend in high school. I've managed to survive 5 years of being single and so has the majority of my friendship group (I go to an all guys school, so I don't really have a choice in the matter). To be honest I find high school relationships to be highly overrated based on certain stories I've heard...

In High school People should be a whole Lot more mature So They probably won't give a damn whether you have braces or not.

Do you have other options than high school? Here we have a vocational school if sorts and it suits some people better.

Not really. My fellow kindergartener classmates back when I was 5 were infinitely more mature than the idiots I attended highschool with.

It's been alright so far, and my school is literally full of assholes. I hate most of the people there.

Hate everyone, love yourself. Works for me lol.

It's sorta good to get in a friend group you can make jokes with and just fuck about. Makes it a lot better in general. Just take it as sort of a semi serious joke and try not to get expelled to many times.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Not really. My fellow kindergartener classmates back when I was 5 were infinitely more mature than the idiots I attended highschool with.

Oh, I've had a completely different experience, though I'm not American.

I'm obviously not everybody's friend and I don't push into other people's "groups" but they don't give a care if spend time with them ot something. All that might have happened in junior high and at lower levels, but now it's all different.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

In High school People should be a whole Lot more mature So They probably won't give a damn whether you have braces or not.

Do you have other options than high school? Here we have a vocational school if sorts and it suits some people better.

Dunno about the rest of the world, but here perhaps the main reason why high school students are on average quite mature, might be due to most of the idiots going to said vocational schools. I'm not saying vocational school is for idiots, but after middle school majority of idiots just happen to go there, leaving less idiots to high schools.

At least that's a theory...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Hate everyone, love yourself. Works for me lol.

It's sorta good to get in a friend group you can make jokes with and just fuck about. Makes it a lot better in general. Just take it as sort of a semi serious joke and try not to get expelled to many times.

Sounds like me.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So far I have had a lot of fun in high school. I love all my teachers and have a met a lot of really cool friends. I'm gonna be a senior next year and though I am wanting to be done with school, I'll definitely miss high school.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Just graduated last week. High school was a fun experience even though went to 3 different hi schools (2 in my senior year). You don't really have to worry about the people you don't like, just get your own group of friends.

yep just like this I have about 5 really good friends though xD

I dont like school because I learn more at work.

Get your diplomas and get the f*ck out. 

highschool was interesting for me.  i made friends with people several years ahead of my during my freshman year, so the first 2 years were great. then they graduated i got bored and stopped going completely. ended up skipping a year and a half worth of school, graduated a semester late. lessons learned: make friends, stay in school, dont do drugs, if you actually try for the first half, you can slack during the 2nd

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

So I am finally finishing off 8th grade this year, (I switched schools and was just barely too young to get into high school) and I have been thinking about high school a lot lately.

I am a little nervous, because I have braces and am going to have them until around the end of 10th grade, and it seems like I am going to have rubber bands for most of 9th grade, hopefully I still have chances with girls with them (not that girls are that important in 9th to 10th grade)

I also to be honest dislike most people in my grade. Most of them are either annoying or extremely arrogant. I do have quite a few friends though.

So my question is, is high school enjoyable and how was/is the entire experience for you?

drugs and sex. 

Its been a breeze. I didnt get bullied or anything. I would go back any day. If your friends are real friends and follow you, it should be ok. You will have people to fall back on if something happens. I can't promise you anything though, I hear lots of bad stories from other peoples.

You'll be fine. High school has been not bad for me, yes people can be assholes (there's a lot at my school) but you'll make friends and who knows? Maybe you will have a chance with a girl ;) Good luck man!

I'm graduating tomorrow from 8th grade. Pumped for next year already, if I had a phone.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm graduating tomorrow from 8th grade. Pumped for next year already, if I had a phone.

are you even a stoner (which i doubt cos ur 13) or do you just have that profic pic to look cool? :P

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

A it's fine but mostly try sticking to your select group of friends and satay out of drugs and stuff. Be a good little boy and it will be fine lol.

are you even a stoner (which i doubt cos ur 13) or do you just have that profic pic to look cool? :P

I'm not a stoner.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Next year will be my last year in high school but overall its been a great experience had some brilliant teachers but some ive not particularly liked. Last month I got to go on a trip to New York I live in the Uk so this was a trip of a lifetime made some new friends with people I never talked too and even made friends with some of the teachers, homework though is a thing I need to sort out because I miss some of the hand in days. But I think you'll have a great time

High school sucked for me.

I hate meeting new people, especially when they're "stoners" who just talk about weed all day, and then the kids who like to belittle everyone else who's not a part of their group.

One time, I had enough and I stood up to said douches in auto-shop class, I was promptly surrounded by more douches, and one liked to push me every couple of seconds. So me, being the nice guy that I am, asked him very politely, if he would like to get his ass kicked. He didn't respond verbally, but with another shove. So I proceeded to shove said douche into a metal cabinet where we kept our wrenches - I kneed him somewhere in the stomach as hard as I could, so he was bent over for a little while trying to catch his breath. The circle of douches opened up as a light from heaven beamed upon my position as I walked away (not really).

tl;dr - School sucks sometimes, just deal with it.