High School?

EmotionalSloth

So I am finally finishing off 8th grade this year, (I switched schools and was just barely too young to get into high school) and I have been thinking about high school a lot lately.

I am a little nervous, because I have braces and am going to have them until around the end of 10th grade, and it seems like I am going to have rubber bands for most of 9th grade, hopefully I still have chances with girls with them (not that girls are that important in 9th to 10th grade)

I also to be honest dislike most people in my grade. Most of them are either annoying or extremely arrogant. I do have quite a few friends though.

So my question is, is high school enjoyable and how was/is the entire experience for you?

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

It's been alright so far, and my school is literally full of assholes. I hate most of the people there.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh man... i'm almost a senior in High School and my highschool experience suuuuuuuuuucked! Also don't worry about 'dem lady's, when you're older and you look back at your ex's you ask yourself if you where blind and deaf. 

You should be alright, don't worry about that! Highschool sucks for almost everyone, the best thing you can do is just don't be a dick to others and they won't be a dick to you!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

i never really saw the issues from what i heard that westerners had - normal people - average i guess its because of a culture of repsect

it was fine for me  just like any other day

got braces in University lol .... i was forced by my mother xD everything there was normal too got like 20 days left to get my bachelors

i didnt mind it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's been alright so far, and my school is literally full of assholes. I hate most of the people there.

Amen brotha! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

So I am finally finishing off 8th grade this year, (I switched schools and was just barely too young to get into high school) and I have been thinking about high school a lot lately.

I am a little nervous, because I have braces and am going to have them until around the end of 10th grade, and it seems like I am going to have rubber bands for most of 9th grade, hopefully I still have chances with girls with them :/

I also to be honest dislike most people in my grade. Most of them are either annoying or extremely arrogant. I do have quite a few friends though.

So my question is, is high school enjoyable and how was/is the entire experience for you?

I got su bullied in 7th to 9th (it's a different system here) that i decided to work and study off the school, right now i'm just about to finish high school (6 years later LOL), so, i didn't have the experience of going to school and having friends, so far i just can tell you to enjoy your age.

Don't get mad, get even...

I am a little nervous, because I have braces and am going to have them until around the end of 10th grade, and it seems like I am going to have rubber bands for most of 9th grade, hopefully I still have chances with girls with them :/

I hated high school. What I learned is you can't tell anybody anything. Tried to tel underclassman things and they don't even care.  Take the time learning what you're good at. Pretend like you need a job and your job hunting but only with your classes. IT's good prep. 

its ok, alot harder, as @tmcclelland455 there are ppl that go around thinking they are so hard, they're really not 

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

In High school People should be a whole Lot more mature So They probably won't give a damn whether you have braces or not.

Do you have other options than high school? Here we have a vocational school if sorts and it suits some people better.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

High school is fine, nothing like on TV shows.  I know plenty of people with braces. It doesn't affect your chances with girls...lol... But, girls REALLY are NOT important at ALL. Focus on yourself. This is YOUR time to shine. 

Also, your honesty will serve you well. People will notice that, but don't show contempt towards the inevitably retarded teachers that you will have. They can smell it, and they will hate you for being the only one to realize how stupid they are. Furthermore, be careful with your friends; high school changes people. A lot of students have no inhibitions when it comes to what they will do in order to get into college. Their arrogance and annoyance will increase ten-fold because they want to go to a good college. Don't be friends with them. BE the better person, and do well fair and square. 

Be an honest and smart person, and you'll be fine in high school and in life. We all make mistakes though, and you'll learn from them. 

Also, join lots of clubs. Depending on your school, you may or may not have a bunch of free time. Freshman year was a joke for me, and clubs were the only interesting thing about it. 

P.S. Fix your grammar dude and run spell check. Your english teacher will laugh at you. And don't be an emotional sloth. Laziness will hurt you academically and socially, and emotions will make you get hurt way more often then you should be. 

High school is pretty good for me overall. Calmness, hard work, organization, and honesty are the keys to a good high school experience. Good luck!

From, 

A person soon to be a senior

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Have been hearing that a lot lately... Is that common for high schools in the US? By no means being racist here but I have a few american friends here in China and they all say that the education system back home sucks ballz. Even teachers that are teaching at our international school here say this...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I'm actually leaving 8th grade this week. I am actually pumped for high school, even if I have braces. I actually know a few freshmen (now sophomore) girls who actually know and like me, and one is actually dating me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Have been hearing that a lot lately... Is that common for high schools in the US? By no means being racist here but I have a few american friends here in China and they all say that the education system back home sucks ballz. Even teachers that are teaching at our international school here say this...

It does kinda suck a little bit. And people in the US with all of their swag and crap think that they're hard enough to bust down the Berlin Wall, even though they're not.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

"hopefully I still have chances with girls with them :/" right.....

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

A decent amount of the kids at my school need to find a hole and stay in it. 

It does kinda suck a little bit. And people in the US with all of their swag and crap think that they're hard enough to bust down the Berlin Wall, even though they're not.

nah man where I live it's all about being a redneck, who kills cats, shoots at cop cars, "chewing tobacco", and wearing all camo and constantly saying how much you hate (insert racist term)

P.S. Fix your grammar dude and run spell check. Your english teacher will laugh at you. And don't be an emotional sloth. Laziness will hurt you academically and socially, and emotions will make you get hurt way more often then you should be. 

Are you refering to the grammar in my topic? :( didn't seem that bad to me and why would my english teacher care about my grammar in a tech forum ahaha

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

Berlin Wall fell in 1989 LOL... But yeah I can see how that sucks..

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Berlin Wall fell in 1989 LOL... But yeah I can see how that sucks..

I know it fell quite some time ago silly. But you still get what I'm saying at least. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Are you refering to the grammar in my topic? :( didn't seem that bad to me and why would my english teacher care about my grammar in a tech forum ahaha

teachers are weird....

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Right, Asians have more respect and discipline than the rest of the world, american ( i mean the whole America thing, not only the USA, [dunno why everyone calles it America anyway]) people have at least one bad influence or some shit carrying around, probably from our parents and grand parents, among the Latin Americans almost every single shit-head feels like he's Tony Montana's son.

Don't get mad, get even...

For me it was just like all the other years of school.... nothing really changed. In fact, 9th grade was easier than 7th and 8th grade.

The only thing I really liked about high school was my Drafting/CAD & IT classes. Grade 8 to 9, I was that awkward asian girl that was really into anime and Japanese stuff lol after that it went from watching anime to online games. I spent most of my grade 10 to 12 days at home, playing LoL and MapleStory... jesus....What is this "outside world" you speak of? So yeah after graduating high school most of my friends dissolved and here I am working at a computer hobby shop and soon to be going to college or whatever the future holds for me. Yay lol

EDIT: Just do your homework, it will seriously help you LOL

wotm8?

Make sure your friendly with teachers (don't be a suck up though, they hate that) and there's always going to be a group of people you plain dislike. 

I irrationally hate 2 people from my old school (one had his up his ass so far it was incredible, and the other was a 12/10 scene fag). 

Bullies will exist but ignore them and they will give up (they're rather stupid IMO). The reason I say make sure you'r in the good books of the teachers (not neutral, good) is that if you get into a fight, they will tend to take your side (true story, put this annoying twat in a submission hold and made him pass out. All I said was he started it and I got off free - he did start it and was talking shit to me and my friends) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Sounds about right, same with my school

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.