What are these ARGB logos for?

RevGAM
Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,

there just a bs logo to tell you that is has rgb. what kinda or compatibility dose not matter... i got scammed on this once i got an saber thooth z270 mb witch had the aura logo on it and thoght it has argb/rgb header... it did not. all it had was a few leds i could change color...

the logo just make you think you have to buy all xxx company argb/rgb logo eco system for all of it to "work with each other"

TUF Z270 MARK 1

I recognize the Razer and Zalman logos, but what are the spider and the spectrum RGB Sync from? Thanks!

20240412_090714.thumb.jpg.5c2a93341070fa01bc2c7b2935c6f82c.jpg

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Posted (edited)

there just a bs logo to tell you that is has rgb. what kinda or compatibility dose not matter... i got scammed on this once i got an saber thooth z270 mb witch had the aura logo on it and thoght it has argb/rgb header... it did not. all it had was a few leds i could change color...

the logo just make you think you have to buy all xxx company argb/rgb logo eco system for all of it to "work with each other"

TUF Z270 MARK 1

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

TUF Z270 MARK 1

Yeah, after I posted, I noticed that the spider was on one of their marketing photos, and the Spectrum one was on another. That's pretty lame, but I guess Zalman was pretty sketchy back when they made the CNPS20X.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

4 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Yeah, after I posted, I noticed that the spider was on one of their marketing photos, and the Spectrum one was on another. That's pretty lame, but I guess Zalman was pretty sketchy back when they made the CNPS20X.

argb/rgb has been a marketing nightmare for the consumer since day one ( back then i was worse from what i heard...) and i got in to argb about 2016...its all crap a cash grab a way in inflate the cost...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

At least in NA, who is actually still buying Zalman products in the first place. 2005 was their prime. 

i ended up buying a Zalman argb controller and it was ...well crap...

but even compays like ek you think they make a good argb controller...well you be wrong... there crap loop thing they were giving it a way for free at one point.

Edited by thrasher_565

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

argb/rgb has been a marketing nightmare for the consumer since day one ( back then i was worse from what i heard...) and i got in to argb about 2016...its all crap a cash grab a way in inflate the cost...

The saddest part is that when I bought my AIOs last Black Friday, it was cheaper to buy the ARGB versions. 😞

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

i ended up buying a Zalman argb controller and it was ...well crap...

I bought the Zalman FC3, which is okay but definitely not user friendly nor is it really designed for fan control in a sensible way. The only good thing about it is that it can go over 5,000 RPM and, if I set the RPMs too high, it'll show me how high the fan got. Controlling the speed on the fly, however, is a nightmare.

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

The saddest part is that when I bought my AIOs last Black Friday, it was cheaper to buy the ARGB versions. 😞

its litlry cost them like $1 to make any fan and probably another $1 to add argb/rgb in it. they like pocketing like 90% its like the most profitable pc part out there... thats why everyone has a fan.

its litlry cost them like $1 to make any fan and probably another $1 to add argb/rgb in it. they like pocketing like 90% its like the most profitable pc part out there... thats why everyone has a fan.

The biggest problem I have is that if I want the strongest fan, they're generally going to be over $15 each.

10 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

The biggest problem I have is that if I want the strongest fan, they're generally going to be over $15 each.

ya $15 is a good range. you can find cheaper. i got a $25 bqsw 4 pro and compared to my other fans they proform about the same... as my tr 140mm fan and gt... the artic p120 didnt do all that good thow... but it cost like $7 a fan so...🤷‍♂️ price to proformace still the best. thow they do have artic p max now...

ya most hire then 2000k rpm fans cost more... just how it is

Edited by thrasher_565

15 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya $15 is a good range. you can find cheaper. i got a $25 bqsw 4 pro and compared to my other fans they proform about the same... as my tr 140mm fan and gt... the artic p120 didnt do all that good thow... but it cost like $7 a fan so...🤷‍♂️ price to proformace still the best. thow they do have artic p max now...

ya most hire then 2000k rpm fans cost more... just how it is

I'd say that amongst the best bang for the buck are the Alphacool Core fans 24844 and 24845, $12 and $16 respectively when I bought them last year, 3000 and 4000 RPM, high AF and SP. They make the P12 Max look weak, but they are LOUD. Those are the best for that price range that I actually know the SP for. I have a list of several with no SP anywhere I can find, but most of them don't have good SP and it's obvious.

10 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I'd say that amongst the best bang for the buck are the Alphacool Core fans 24844 and 24845, $12 and $16 respectively when I bought them last year, 3000 and 4000 RPM, high AF and SP. They make the P12 Max look weak, but they are LOUD. Those are the best for that price range that I actually know the SP for. I have a list of several with no SP anywhere I can find, but most of them don't have good SP and it's obvious.

no one cares about anything past 2150 rpm unless its quiet say under 20 db. ya you can get some 10k delta fans for like $20 with 400 cfm...and have the nabors call the cops on you for a nose complaint...

Well..

If you are at 2150, might as well go to 2500.. might as well get 3K at that point 😄

Anything under 80CFM is weak 🙂

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

no one cares about anything past 2150 rpm unless its quiet say under 20 db. ya you can get some 10k delta fans for like $20 with 400 cfm...and have the nabors call the cops on you for a nose complaint...

I disagree.  I prefer performant fans over quiet ones. That said, I don't want to lose my hearing! 😆 

There is also the issue of how each person perceives the noise somewhat differently, and some people are vastly less tolerant of noise. 

Ironically, i work with some autistic people who cannot filter out sensory input including noise, yet they do technical jobs that require focus. And i know non-autistics who have decided to let themselves be aggravated by small noises. I used to be one of the latter. 😆 

7 hours ago, freeagent said:

Well..

If you are at 2150, might as well go to 2500.. might as well get 3K at that point 😄

Anything under 80CFM is weak 🙂

Exactly! If it can't brasil my skin, deafen me,  and keep my PC cool, it's a waste of money! 😄🤣😂

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I disagree.  I prefer performant fans over quiet ones. That said, I don't want to lose my hearing! 😆 

There is also the issue of how each person perceives the noise somewhat differently, and some people are vastly less tolerant of noise. 

Ironically, i work with some autistic people who cannot filter out sensory input including noise, yet they do technical jobs that require focus. And i know non-autistics who have decided to let themselves be aggravated by small noises. I used to be one of the latter. 😆 

Exactly! If it can't brasil my skin, deafen me,  and keep my PC cool, it's a waste of money! 😄🤣😂

ok there are 2 people that "like" 3000+ fans you and freeagent...but everyone els dose not.

your right people hear things differently. some people ware headphones when gaming some are old school and love having a server fan going as they got use to it back in the day. pc were louder back in the day. hdd made nose, cd drive made nose, the 70mm,8mm fan made nose, blower gpus made nose. but we have bigger fans these days that are quiet and still push lots of air. my dad had a thermaltake volcano 9 i think cpu cooler with a hi rpm 80mm fan and also had a metal 120mm fan that was on a toggle switch in front of his case for is athlon 64. i on the other hand had a copper thrmalright cooler for my p4 and i had a blue led 120mm that one led burnd out... back when the wires were raped aroud the fan with a pastic strap. that fan still worked when i build my x58 system

the p4p800 was not my fist mb that was given to me at the time didnt no its value but its like one of the best ocing mb... and i sold it for $20 along with a radian x800...

DSCF1622.JPG

Edited by thrasher_565

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ok there are 2 people that "like" 3000+ fans you and freeagent...but everyone els dose not.

That is just you're opinion though. I know of many people all over the forums who do use high performance fans. Just because you don't like the sound, doesn't mean the next guy wouldn't be ok with it, depending on what he uses his computer for. If the rig is a crunching rig and only gets used for that, who really gives a fuck how loud it is other than the guy who owns them?

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

That is just you're opinion though. I know of many people all over the forums who do use high performance fans. Just because you don't like the sound, doesn't mean the next guy wouldn't be ok with it, depending on what he uses his computer for. If the rig is a crunching rig and only gets used for that, who really gives a fuck how loud it is other than the guy who owns them?

but then if you dont care about nose the who cares what fan you use just buy the fastest, cheapest fan... the fastes fan is always going to win...

but then if you dont care about nose the who cares what fan you use just buy the fastest, cheapest fan... the fastes fan is always going to win...

Right now I care about noise, so my system is quiet, sort of. But when I get into F@H or WCG for a few months at a time, I will break out my strong fans and everyone in this house gets to hate them 🙂

I would have to move back to air cooling to take advantage of them, and right now I like it like this.

24 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Right now I care about noise, so my system is quiet, sort of. But when I get into F@H or WCG for a few months at a time, I will break out my strong fans and everyone in this house gets to hate them 🙂

I would have to move back to air cooling to take advantage of them, and right now I like it like this.

ya liking quiet is nice thats what i thought too and why i spent moeny on a case's well my dad said it was a wast of moeny. thow hi did buy a $300 aluminum case back in the day.

once we water cooled fans stayed at 800-1200 rpm. but they were set up when you game they ramped up and at idle the were quiet.

you can see .the rad fan in the pic they gray ones were all the conetors together and the pwm and tac to the mb and power from psu.

DSCF1265.JPG

Edited by thrasher_565

You should PM me your dads screen name, I might know him 😄

@freeagent@thrasher_565

I'm almost done with my AIO positional testing but I've noticed something and I want to know if you guys have also noticed.

When I turn off Prime 95, within just a few seconds my temps drop back to normal. I only tried Prime 95 once with my U12A, which overheated my LAN connection, so I had to shut down to get it to work again.

Am I correct that cool-down time with an AIO is going to be much faster than a big air cooler? Keep in mind that I ran P95 for an hour.

3 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Am I correct that cool-down time with an AIO is going to be much faster than a big air cooler? Keep in mind that I ran P95 for an hour.

It really depends on the cooler, my air coolers drop fast after a hot load like that, my AIO does it a little quicker.

Just hearing describe your experience with that cooler under stock conditions just further solidifies my stance on the owl.

42 minutes ago, freeagent said:

You should PM me your dads screen name, I might know him 😄

ya we are vary slimier... i dont no what sites he use to be on long long LONG time ago i can ask him one day thow. i no he used fox as a name in games so guess something with that. he also was on bmw forms too till his bmd got damaged and was bought off of him so much for owning some cool for once... thats life i guess...

my dad gos and buy a stick shift bmw for my sisters forst car. he gets a bmw and she gets a car good thinking dad🤷‍♂️ she cryed when seeing it... hated driving it but she learned to drive it and then loved it.

59 minutes ago, freeagent said:

It really depends on the cooler, my air coolers drop fast after a hot load like that, my AIO does it a little quicker.

Just hearing describe your experience with that cooler under stock conditions just further solidifies my stance on the owl.

Sorry, you lost me. I'm sure you're not talking about an owl, but I can't figure out what it is.