What are these ARGB logos for?

RevGAM
Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,

there just a bs logo to tell you that is has rgb. what kinda or compatibility dose not matter... i got scammed on this once i got an saber thooth z270 mb witch had the aura logo on it and thoght it has argb/rgb header... it did not. all it had was a few leds i could change color...

the logo just make you think you have to buy all xxx company argb/rgb logo eco system for all of it to "work with each other"

TUF Z270 MARK 1

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

@freeagent@thrasher_565

I'm almost done with my AIO positional testing but I've noticed something and I want to know if you guys have also noticed.

When I turn off Prime 95, within just a few seconds my temps drop back to normal. I only tried Prime 95 once with my U12A, which overheated my LAN connection, so I had to shut down to get it to work again.

Am I correct that cool-down time with an AIO is going to be much faster than a big air cooler? Keep in mind that I ran P95 for an hour.

how aio cools down depends on how many rads or how big it is, and how much air gets pushed thow it. aios can keep things cooler in short test as it takes longer to normalise the temp. more water takes longer to heat up but also takes longer to cool down. that is why when you do test is not a 5 minit test as the aio will have an advatage thats why test are done atlest 30 mintes when compating aio vs air cooler. all in all it even its self out the pros and cons of both air cooler and aio. aio has expandable cooling well and air cooler all you can do is add a bigger faster fan.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

@freeagentWould you mind running P95 for an hour without OCing on something comparable to a 12700k and tell me how long it takes the temps to return to normal? I use HWiNFO64.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

8 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

@freeagentWould you mind running P95 for an hour without OCing on something comparable to a 12700k and tell me how long it takes the temps to return to normal? I use HWiNFO64.

If I don't overclock it then it runs like my 58X3D, tops out at only 140w.. or about 50c lol. Need the extra juice.. I am not on Intel lol.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

If I don't overclock it then it runs like my 58X3D, tops out at only 140w.. or about 50c lol. Need the extra juice.. I am not on Intel lol.

amd self oc's based off temp lower temp the more it oc'c its self. thow you can probly disable it and manually oc i guess...🤷‍♂️

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Ok, so do what you need to to provide a similar level of power and heat. Is that ok?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

Ok, so do what you need to to provide a similar level of power and heat. Is that ok?

this is why gn uses a heat plate to stimulate a consent load. the works for any cooler air cooled or aio and can be controlled.

Edited by thrasher_565

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

amd self oc's based off temp lower temp the more it oc'c its self.

Nope, you have to tell it what to do. You also have to tell it for how long, how high, and how hard. You also have to tell it how high to boost to, its a little complicated to explain because I do not know the actual theory, I just know how to get it to perform. I can say it is nothing like Intel lol. Intel is easy.

13 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Is that ok?

Of course.

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

this is why gn uses a heat plate to stimulate a consent load

Pretty sure Toms Hardware or someone caught a lot of shit for that back in the day. Your dad would probably remember.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

this is why gn uses a heat plate to stimulate a consent load. the works for any cooler air cooled or aio and can be controlled.

Yeah, I would do that if I could build one or buy one. But there's still the problem of the difference in sizes of CPUs vs coldplates. If the plate is significantly larger than the coldplate, there's going to be a lot of heat traveling along the outsides of the cooler and, if it's got a heatsink, that's going to add external heat to it.

Are you willing to try to simulate this? I forgot to ask if you have a working AIO right now. 😮 😞

Of course.

Great! I'm carrying on to my 8th test out of 10. I'll be happy to be done with this sandwiching crap. I think I stripped two mounting holes on the rad. 😭

Pretty sure Toms Hardware or someone caught a lot of shit for that back in the day. Your dad would probably remember.

For using a heat plate like the one GN has from Longwin?

Edited by RevGAM
Added 3rd response.

The only thing I am not sure about is fan speed. 

2 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Yeah, I would do that if I could build one or buy one. But there's still the problem of the difference in sizes of CPUs vs coldplates. If the plate is significantly larger than the coldplate, there's going to be a lot of heat traveling along the outsides of the cooler and, if it's got a heatsink, that's going to add external heat to it.

Are you willing to try to simulate this? I forgot to ask if you have a working AIO right now. 😮 😞

Great! I'm carrying on to my 8th test out of 10. I'll be happy to be done with this sandwiching crap. I think I stripped two mounting holes on the rad. 😭

i dont no how to do it and gn didn't go in to details on how to do it also i dont have all the stuff to monitor temps. aio cooling varys do to plate material, fin size, water flow and how big the rad is and how fast the fans are. aslo how much water it has till its equalizes out.

air coolers need the heat pipes to go drectly across the diy chips in order to cool it best and each cpu has a diffreny lay out. also some chips can be deisabled. some cores are better then other cores. were the temps are placed on the cpu also varys.

say you have 3 cores ins a row. o,o,o and all 3  are working. well then the temps can vary depending on were the tmps is placed. say 0T0T0 the core in the midel will be hotter as it receives heat from 2 cores. say if one core is disabled. 0T0TX you now have a difrant heat sorce and the temps will also change. different cores boots hire then other cores some can do more load longer then others. so how many temps on the cpu, were the temps are, how each core proforams are all importend data also how the software reads that data.

Edited by thrasher_565

17 minutes ago, freeagent said:

The only thing I am not sure about is fan speed. 

Well, I have one exhaust NF-A12x25 running on the standard curve in the Asus TG H670-Pro wifi D4, and I had the pump on 100% and the fans on the turbo curve. Would you guys please try to duplicate that?

14 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont no how to do it and gn didn't go in to details on how to do it also i dont have all the stuff to monitor temps. aio cooling varys do to plate material, fin size, water flow and how big the rad is and how fast the fans are. aslo how much water it has till its equalizes out.

air coolers need the heat pipes to go drectly across the diy chips in order to cool it best and each cpu has a diffreny lay out. also some chips can be deisabled. some cores are better then other cores. were the temps are placed on the cpu also varys.

say you have 3 cores ins a row. o,o,o and all 3  are working. well then the temps can vary depending on were the tmps is placed. say 0T0T0 the core in the midel will be hotter as it receives heat from 2 cores. say if one core is disabled. 0T0TX you now have a difrant heat sorce and the temps will also change. different cores boots hire then other cores some can do more load longer then others. so how many temps on the cpu, were the temps are, how each core proforams are all importend data also how the software reads that data.

I understand. I know that FA has the TR Frozen Edge. If you want to participate, too, please just tell me which AIO, and try to match the stuff I listed above.

If it's ok, guys, please also run the same test with your best air cooler.

Just now, RevGAM said:

Well, I have one exhaust NF-A12x25 running on the standard curve in the Asus TG H670-Pro wifi D4, and I had the pump on 100% and the fans on the turbo curve. Would you guys please try to duplicate that?

I understand. I know that FA has the TR Frozen Edge. If you want to participate, too, please just tell me which AIO, and try to match the stuff I listed above.

I can. One other thing, p95 is only hitting 239w.. pretty weak.. I can do better. I have to reboot anyways since my fans are at full speed.

10 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

dont no what test you want my hardware is completely different from your hardware... i cant compare an apple to an orange. if i had the same stuff you have same settings most likely there still be a difference because of silcaon lottery...

i dont own any aios...🤔

17 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

dont no what test you want my hardware is completely different from your hardware... i cant compare an apple to an orange. if i had the same stuff you have same settings most likely there still be a difference because of silcaon lottery...

i dont own any aios...🤔

Oh, darn. It's not about the hardware. It's about heat dissipation. What's your best air cooler?

Oh, darn. It's not about the hardware. It's about heat dissipation. What's your best air cooler?

well when all my 560 rads are hooked up it will kick the crap out of any cooeler or aio... and probly take like 3 hours to normalize in temp...😂

i have a d15 for my 6600k and have a few thrmalright coolers witch is the best i dont no. i have a bequiet tf2, i have a crap thrmltake cooler for my am4 pc so between thows i dont no witch is the best because i cant use all of them on one system. ill have to see what mounts i have for to see if i can mount it to my new pc thow its delided so...and most likey all will thromlthrottle the tf2 is barley able to keep up withe the tr 140mm fan or gt the p12 it thrmalthrottles... probly because its at 1800 rpm well the gt is 2150 rpm. so see witch fan is the best ied have to drop the gt to 1800 rpm. or find an rpm that works with all fans. i dont have a way to test db other then my ear and the 140mm i think is better then the gt i think... but its also bigger.

Edited by thrasher_565