The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

or inside the reservoir!

Ha! That's exactly what I wanted to say! It looks like it would fit in an EK tube res or something. Would look awesome as it would look different in different angles. But would require water and not something else...

Well I like the paint job and the brain thing could be fitted somewhere somehow it'd just take a bit of tinkering and so on but I'm sure you'll figure it out =]

So we went from this:

4D5pAlRl.jpg

to this:

m0q8Rsql.jpg

to this:

HJUZ5C6l.jpg

CaXnNjtl.jpg

and finally this:

fSjBkTDl.jpg

pzC93Jml.jpg

ea8ZRoll.jpg

6bLi6Qjl.jpg

The EK MOSFET block has spray in the middle because it is covered by lines in the armor and so that way both colors come off through it. The GF thought it was sweet and not creepy, so it worked out :D

Her advisor is gifting her a 3D print of her actual right hemisphere (not the full brain for whatever reason) so I will try to work it into the build somehow if possible. As far as the color scheme goes- if I go with the RVE monoblock for Side 1, that frees up the Supremacy Evo. So I will try to get a red plexi top for it and run a white pastel throughout. The GPU block is a Swiftech R9 LE which has a red insert also, and the reservoir will likely be the FrozenQ LF 400mL cylinder version with fluorescent red helices. While it won't be very transparent with pastel in the reservoir, the UV effect should give a nice spiral glow.

You should put that brain piece on top of the gpu or something, that would be really sick, so it's the first thing you see with all these tubes coming out around it

You should put that brain piece on top of the gpu or something, that would be really sick, so it's the first thing you see with all these tubes coming out around it

The motherboard will be in reverse ATX layout so the GPU waterblock itself will be prominent here, and not the backplate. The GPU will also be on the top so there won't be any more tubing on top of it I would think. But that's a good idea and definitely something to consider. Thanks!

Must admit the paint's not really doing it for me.  I get the theme and all, that should look really great with some blood red coolant etc. but the paintjob itself just doesn't seem to scream brain to me.  I think it's the lack of definition, brains themselves are pretty well defined with clear ridges, veins etc.  The paint just feels a little haphazard to me :/

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Must admit the paint's not really doing it for me.  I get the theme and all, that should look really great with some blood red coolant etc. but the paintjob itself just doesn't seem to scream brain to me.  I think it's the lack of definition, brains themselves are pretty well defined with clear ridges, veins etc.  The paint just feels a little haphazard to me :/

Yeah I know what you mean, I thought it looked better a few coats before myself and then went "just a little more". Without an air brush, any way to get definitions?

Just come back from visiting family to this, oh this is amazing, thank you. :)  :D

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

• 1 month later...

Hey man, sorry about the lack of updates here. I've been busy with reviews and setting up my own little website (not done yet) for tests and reviews. I now have more gear than I can use lol. I was going to wait till the reservoirs showed up on Monday to do a proper update but since you asked, I did go ahead and cancel the order of pending DDR4 which a certain manufacturer wasn't able to fulfill to a certain retailer for 2 months now. I spoke to a few guys at Corsair and soon:

7qHT7jbl.jpg

DA1b6upl.jpg

kwx2B5Ol.jpg

CIaFBIKl.jpg

I got more pictures but will save them for when I get a certain something else for the motherboard. Corsair also sent along a few AIOs and a few other things for testing out, so I will be posting from the x99 rig sometime tomorrow while setting up everything else.

Oh and I got confirmation that the new EVGA 1600T2 is coming my way soon courtesy EVGA. Probably in Jan. 

1600T2?

Wow, for when those quad sli 390x builds come around eh? :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

:o They got rid of those horrific red connectors and cables!

Yes! Maybe there is a god after all

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

D: i have case envy .... 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my god, what have you created?

Nothing that went anywhere unfortunately

Well I have only myself to blame. When that Supremacy Evo came in and the guys from EK asked me to post a simple review, I had no idea that it would lead to this: http://thermalbench.com/

I have now so many things here from so many companies that it is not even funny. But as far as this build goes:

2kqOEnxl.jpg

pE2Hze1l.jpg

6iTgnjll.jpg

jAcbeJwl.jpg

g6kwnGIl.jpg

I thought the helices would be more nickel like than that but it's fine. I got the reservoirs for Side 1, and now need someone with the skills to make me a glass jar reservoir to put in a 3D printed brain mould into for Side 2.

5skOhVgl.jpg

g3Y4mtsl.jpg

NupMsanl.jpg

PzEZGprl.jpg

PzEZGprl.jpg

So this will power Side 1, and I have way too many PSUs to choose for Side 2. I will probably go with the EVGA 750G2 there though.

DTWx3g8l.jpg

4TnV2eXl.jpg

BbuB8rBl.jpg

f4Bbh9Pl.jpg

DcD697Ul.jpg

XjJ6fkZl.jpg

EK sent this along with a few other things like the Supremacy MX CPU block, and I believe the Bitspower R5E kit is also on the way. Depending on which "monoblock" performs better and looks better, I will have that on the RVE for Side 1. This also means I will likely have the Supremacy Evo on Side 2 with a red top:

ek-supremacy-evo_rededit_front_800.jpg

I don't have the top yet but I fancy this and running white Pastel fluid through will go well with the paint job on the Maximus VI Formula. The reservoir is the main component to be done for that side. Any thoughts or ideas? Sorry about all the delays, I really did not anticipate being reviewing stuff like this.

how close is it to be done? i really wanna see it man :D nice build. subbed after i read the whole thread hehe.

Compensating much 

its not the size of the case that counts its how you jiggle your joy stick.