The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

2JMVREdl.jpg?1

(hopefully people here are old enough for this reference)

"Come back one year!"

Edit: one of the best episodes of the entire series (have watched every episode at least once...).

holy balls, it really is massive...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

you should have gotten a 6 core as well so you could have have gone 2 4 6 8 :c 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Doubling the core count was enough for my poor wallet.

I bet holy shit... theres a lot of money sitting there haha. When do you think there will be an update on the big build?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Huh? I thought this was the big build!

You were doing two builds, I meant this one haha

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Sadly no  :( 

Update time (although probably not one you were expecting since I have not yet finalized on my x99 motherboard and RAM):

Another sponsor? I must be the luckiest guy in the world:

oeAJXJN.png

I was speaking to Will, the CEO/CTO at Hardware Labs, about a few things in general and then realized my hotbox would be a great place to test out radiators. One email later, he had 2 of his new Nemesis radiators on the way to me:

FHHb6Qol.jpg

A GTX 560 (No, not an old Nvidia GPU) and a GTS 480. We had previously agreed on a GTX 480 and a GTX 560 but he was extremely confident on the GTS 480 being able to beat out other 480/560mm radiators and sent this as an intended replacement for my SR 1 560 radiator. The few reviews out there all seem to agree that these rads pull a lot of weight in performance compared to larger radiators so I am pretty eager to test these out soon.

Here's a look at the GTS 480 (GTX 560 barely fit in my light box):

yHStPmGl.jpg

EwFKGWdl.jpg

jaantWOl.jpg

ithq119l.jpg

8cYHBFhl.jpg

IOJ61Sll.jpg

BiZoGWdl.jpg

VWsyf0bl.jpg

vaOhJoFl.jpg

voosvpXl.jpg

wZSyHeml.jpg

Bonus- A terrible video looking at the two rads stacked:

I will do a full review soon.

I hate to be a buzz kill but... gtx 480 lol I am just poking fun, this is great its still an update!

GTX 560 you mean  :D

A GTX 560 (No, not an old Nvidia GPU) and a GTS 480. We had previously agreed on a GTX 480 and a GTX 560 but he was extremely confident on the GTS 480 being able to beat out other 480/560mm radiators and sent this as an intended replacement for my SR 1 560 radiator. The few reviews out there all seem to agree that these rads pull a lot of weight in performance compared to larger radiators so I am pretty eager to test these out soon.

Here's a look at the GTS 480 (GTX 560 barely fit in my light box):

:P just pointing that out

Oh you  :P

Fair enough. I got another 480mm rad coming in so it will be a decent test. Nothing like what guys like Martin or Bundy do but I try! Tomorrow is Ice Modz day, I got a few hardline fittings to go along with his tubing so I want to get opinions from people on what looks best. 

Oh you  :P

Fair enough. I got another 480mm rad coming in so it will be a decent test. Nothing like what guys like Martin or Bundy do but I try! Tomorrow is Ice Modz day, I got a few hardline fittings to go along with his tubing so I want to get opinions from people on what looks best. 

I am always anticipating posts from you, and I will gladly give my opinion on fittings lol

Now thanks to Mundi from Ice Modz, I obtained 5 meters of some really nice 10/12mm acrylic tubing. So of course I got a few 10/12 fittings to see how they are before I decide on getting them in bulk. In all likelihood this will be for Side 2:

6fN0zvRl.jpg

RyRGdEll.jpg

First up the EK HDC fittings:

5bBAYdql.jpg

The finish on these is nice but I would have liked a little more on the "barb" end to grip on to when securing/removing the tubing. Next up, Bitspower Enhanced multilinks:

WVrcGiul.jpg

No wonder I have a ton of BP fittings, the finish is great on both parts here. The tubing needs to be near perfect though else it won't fit in fully- I ended up cracking one of the ends on my tubing because of this. I also got the EK fittings in red as previously seen with the Supremacy Evo. Perhaps it is from the anodization but the compression ring is much coarser than the nickel finish HDC here and feels somewhat cheaper to me personally.

Oh, I also got a section of the new Alphacool plated copper tubing (10/13mm) and 2 of their fittings to try out:

TbG8brul.jpg

The 10/12mm fittings definitely don't fit. The tubing is quite hefty as expected and the finish isn't bad (I made a mistake and got the black chrome version instead). It is also a fingerprint magnet and, as per James Walt, can actually bend without the finish crazing. I will get a bender and check for myself.

R8xj5g7l.jpg

vi46DvHl.jpg

9PPs4LQl.jpg

Here are the fittings opened:

jsYyc6Al.jpg

DPcDdjFl.jpg

fncNvufl.jpg

vjSfzNAl.jpg

Now a size comparison:

8jzolHLl.jpg

sx35Ea8l.jpg

a0PQYMTl.jpg

So far I am leaning towards getting the BP fittings for the 10/12mm tubing although the EK nickel HDC is also pretty good. Nothing finalized just yet.

Mundi also sent along some of his lighting that he is known for:

7UWaP5kl.jpg

Here is 1 set:

sHkceqfl.jpg

You can connect these as long as you want and the only limitation is the amps on the PSU rail powering the cable. I got the RGB kit with wireless controller because he is a pretty darn amazing guy. The default color when hooked up is blue:

HFM7cvOl.jpg

nBxwmEMl.jpg

Very easy to cycle through the colors and brightness, here are a few examples:

pYw0ktXl.jpg

YEIQOUvl.jpg

fkk5zTOl.jpg

wzr4XjLl.jpg

There are various modes and brightness levels to play with as with most RGB wireless controllers.

Finally, he also sent 2 of his sleeved wires at my request. Other than lighting, he makes custom extensions at a very reasonable price (inclusive of shipping worldwide) so I asked for 1 each of a 16 and 18 AWG wire in different colors:

s0REi8ul.jpg

twLuOLzl.jpg

3e0prgxl.jpg

The sleeving is heatshrinkless, even for 16 AWG, and looks very well done. If any of the lighting or sleeving shown here sounds interesting, do go visit his website: http://www.icemodz.com/

nice led  where can i get them :D

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

It is, isn't it? It has it's limitations but I figure I can get a sheet of seamless photo paper so I can use it instead of having to deal with the folded wrinkles in the current backgrounds that don't go away no matter what I do.

On a side note for those on the Haswell-E platform:

We have updated our EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO installation manual. Please use Insert 2 (I2) with Jet J1 (0.25mm) for best results on Intel LGA-2011-V3 series Core i7 58xx/59xx CPUs. We never stop - we are fine tuning the performance even further.