The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

how close is it to be done? i really wanna see it man :D nice build. subbed after i read the whole thread hehe.

Depends on your definition of done :)

But yeah, other than the custom reservoir and the nickel plated copper tubing I have the parts needed to finish this now.

Compensating much 

its not the size of the case that counts its how you jiggle your joy stick.

Damn right. But if you can jiggle well with a big case, it's a win-win-win

Those reservoirs are absurdly beautiful

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

• 2 months later...
rise-from-grave.jpg

Back from the dead (well nearly so). I had some nasty medical issues to take care of and now currently recovering from a surgery. This combined with the custom parts from Caselabs and the whole review website taking off pretty well resulted in this massive delay. 

But here we are. Caselabs worked on this for a while, and I finally have a TX10 HPTX to XL-ATX conversion kit (which incidentally is now available for retail purchase also!):

yFHiiRAl.jpg

DGDjpsBl.jpg?1

h5TYyyul.jpg

Each kit comes with an XL-ATX motherboard tray, a backplate for the motherboard tray and the new divider section for the case itself. The reason I went for this is because the TX10 comes standard (well used to till now anyway) with HPTX which is more or less dead in the enthusiast segment now:

pV3V2jal.jpg

Having even an E-ATX board such as the RVE on it looked out of place:

JtJYcEQl.jpg?1

Now with this on, and re-using the back section:

k7tpWVgl.jpg

GyuwNnPl.jpg

Ah much better. A few hours on the case and everything was in:

Ut8VsHzl.jpg

Of course it had to be done for both sides:

iqvp45vl.jpg

There were a few hiccups such as the ATX motherboard mounting holes being slightly offset for some reason but we worked through it, and Caselabs was amazing as always. New trays came in which were perfect.

Now with that taken care of, I had a few items come along which weren't for review:

PIf8c3hl.jpg

MIVPnl5l.jpg

This is a red plexi top for the EK Supremacy Evo, and they were good enough to send the badge separately. My original plan was to go replace the top on the standard plexi top version:

8cfEDO6l.jpg

2DQC6kJl.jpg

to the red plexi top:

SPhElBol.jpg?1

310xyHpl.jpg

0LhmuDGl.jpg

I will have to see how this looks with something like a white pastel coolant through it, but as is it clashes a bit with the lighter colors on the motherboard. To further complicate things, I got this:

RvLyDD6l.jpg

dldjenAl.jpg

That nickel finish isn't exactly like how it is on the Corsair Dom Plats, but it gets close as you can see here:

VOCm1dZl.jpg

Along with the red plexi top was this:

iAIDnvVl.jpg

A strange no-name box? What could be inside?

NnnPU74l.jpg

E39FtBMl.jpg

SWxwQ5hl.jpg

3LdL06Sl.jpg

Ah so it is a D5 pump top in their CSQ style. Or is it?

YGPlnNel.jpg

GCgIhBNl.jpg

vKx9Sf0l.jpg

HxSvTeBl.jpg

1KZ5c4ml.jpg

OnKe5wvl.jpg

Now we are talking! I also got this:

nrICdTPl.jpg

But let's save that for the next update. Don't want to get ahead of myself again :D

- snip -

Ah, I see I'm not the only Caselabs builder who's had some misfortune when it comes to their

health. Although I'm not yet quite at the stage where I can continue/finish my build.

Looking forward to what's in store, and wish you a speedy recovery. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Ah, I see I'm not the only Caselabs builder who's had some misfortune when it comes to their

health. Although I'm not yet quite at the stage where I can continue/finish my build.

Looking forward to what's in store, and wish you a speedy recovery. :)

Oh no, I hope everything gets better for you soon. What happened, if you don't mind sharing?

Oh no, I hope everything gets better for you soon. What happened, if you don't mind sharing?

I'm getting there, altohugh I reckon it will be a few months yet until I'm 100% again.

Had surgery on my lower back.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'm getting there, altohugh I reckon it will be a few months yet until I'm 100% again.

Had surgery on my lower back.

Ah man, I completely understand what you are going through. Here's to a speedy recovery and more mind boggling builds cheers.gif

Ah man, I completely understand what you are going through. Here's to a speedy recovery and more mind boggling builds cheers.gif

Amen to that. thumb.gif

Ok then inside the D5 cover kit box was.... The D5 cover kit  :P

aH62Vwal.jpg

cdaS96Il.jpg

8ILQdbhl.jpg

lgxQXNvl.jpg

Ah this piece here is because the plexi part that comes with the top is not compatible as-is with the cover itself. Bit of an oversight from EK there, I will try to see if I can cut into the plexi part to make it fit.

7JSxEL0l.jpg

i9DUYuIl.jpg

wlLGSoxl.jpg

If you have a small thin screwdriver, that's all that's needed.

o8dbo0Vl.jpg

0FlfjfEl.jpg

R692Gfll.jpg

Definitely will have to sleeve those cables, just deciding between what material to use now. In the meantime, here's how this stacks next to the Bitspower kit:

FCudj2Ql.jpg

8x1f1eSl.jpg

The BP kit is shorter, has an extra inlet/drain port option and is a lot longer.

Remember those EVGA PSUs I showed earlier? Especially the 1600G2? Well scratch that.

8x1f1eSl.jpg

That's better :D

ROzEs0Xl.jpg

UzSG0AXl.jpg

SO MANY CABLES! You have seen what comes with the 1600G2 already so I will spare you the pics, aside from this:

cLdwaPrl.jpg

The 24 pin ATX is unique to the 1600T2 and the Superflower 2000 W monsters only. What's the difference? Thicker gauge wiring inside on every single wire- auxiliary or otherwise.

Also, just because I keep shaking my head each time I see this (in a good way):

d5HF8L1l.jpg

The PSU itself comes in a similar fashion to the other EVGA Supernova units:

jKaQ2m0l.jpg

ZlTp7Eel.jpg

M6TsFhpl.jpg

Hx3Gth6l.jpg

This beast is a massive 225 x 150 x 85mm in dimensions and weighs 3.6 Kg (8 lbs) by itself. It uses a Globe Fan product #B1402512EH inside which is a 140mm fan with a 2 pin connector:

hoSPvD7l.jpg

Raf2v2bl.jpg

9VyjFZGl.jpg

Dual ball bearing FTW. Now I did a full review on this beast on my website: http://thermalbench.com/2015/04/01/evga-supernova-1600t2-psu-individually-sleeved-cable-set/, but for those interested in the main details here are some plots regarding the fan itself (ambient noise was 19 dBA, and the probe was 6" away):

FY2h6zdl.jpg

nDRNltBl.jpg

DWOY1zvl.jpg

Ies5qp7l.jpg

The PSU itself is top quality, I don't have access to a PSU tester so definitely check out Oklahoma Wolf's review over on Jonnyguru.com. What little I do have resulted in this table with numbers monitored during a lengthy stress period for the PSU itself:

sds7p1Tl.jpg

While this is probably unnecessary even with the 1600T2, I went ahead and got a PSU support bracket for my own peace of mind:

aEGaA0Ml.jpg

XHnNZznl.jpg

QwY1BPPl.jpg

tD8whJvl.jpg

Now that is a case that has no problem with long PSUs!

that power supply got dwarfed in the tx-10 haha :lol:

Everything gets dwarfed in this thing. As of today, my cooling plans include 2x 540mm (180x3), 1x 1260mm (140x9), 2x 560mm (140x4) and 2x 480mm (120x4) radiators all in push-pull. I got way too many rads here from all the reviews done so I think I will start listing a few for sale soon. Now I just need to find someone who can help make my custom reservoir/tubing ideas become reality so I can finish Side 2 at the very least.

Sweet build man! Definitely subbing to this! Those radiators are mad too! Also putting them in push pull will make the case sound like a jet engine!

As a side note, I see that you have got some creases in the white backdrop. If you want to get rid of them. Just get the backdrop, put it on your ironing board, put a towel over it and iron the towel with the steam setting on. It will get rid of any creases in the backdrop underneath! I do it to my black backdrop a fair amount...

>1600T2

And i thought my 1050GS was cool :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Sweet build man! Definitely subbing to this! Those radiators are mad too! Also putting them in push pull will make the case sound like a jet engine!

As a side note, I see that you have got some creases in the white backdrop. If you want to get rid of them. Just get the backdrop, put it on your ironing board, put a towel over it and iron the towel with the steam setting on. It will get rid of any creases in the backdrop underneath! I do it to my black backdrop a fair amount...

Fan controllers with in built memory to save settings are the key. I am planning for nothing to be really audible over ambient by the time I am done.

As for the creases, yeah I need to get a whole new backdrop soon. I got this thinking it would be used for the build log at most and then all the reviews happened so the poor thing has been tortured a lot.

>1600T2

And i thought my 1050GS was cool :(

Oh but it is cool, the Superflower equivalent is a good 20 mm longer! If it helps, the other PSU is just a 750 G2 (which I need to find now, I got way too much stuff in here at the moment).

Everything gets dwarfed in this thing. As of today, my cooling plans include 2x 540mm (180x3), 1x 1260mm (140x9), 2x 560mm (140x4) and 2x 480mm (120x4) radiators all in push-pull. I got way too many rads here from all the reviews done so I think I will start listing a few for sale soon. Now I just need to find someone who can help make my custom reservoir/tubing ideas become reality so I can finish Side 2 at the very least.

this the 1260mm rad you talking about???

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/26072/ex-rad-737/Phobya_Xtreme_SUPERNOVA_1260_Radiator_-_Full_Copper_35501.html?tl=g30c95

sweet jesus........

Looking for a job

They still make 9x rads?

I thought the phobya one was the last...

Huh, neat. I considered getting one for a while, and doing what enthalpy did, but watercooling is a bit of a daunting cost for a 16 year old, lol.

Maybe someday

Huh, neat. I considered getting one for a while, and doing what enthalpy did, but watercooling is a bit of a daunting cost for a 16 year old, lol.

Maybe someday

Yeah definitely. Just keep those savings up and remember about having the top of the line components at that time as an incentive.

Just a question cause I don't know this stuff... how do you get sponsored on builds?

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Just a question cause I don't know this stuff... how do you get sponsored on builds?

No matter what anyone tells you, it comes down to connections. Start small with perhaps a vendor or a manufacturer and accept even things like a 10-15% discount on items purchased from them. It helps a lot to have things you can show off as examples. 

In my case most of the newer items have been sent as review items more than anything else so it's a totally different thing.

No matter what anyone tells you, it comes down to connections. Start small with perhaps a vendor or a manufacturer and accept even things like a 10-15% discount on items purchased from them. It helps a lot to have things you can show off as examples. 

In my case most of the newer items have been sent as review items more than anything else so it's a totally different thing.

Thanks for the help!  Great build by the way! 

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames