The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

Well that's good news for us, but bad news for you, bet you can't wait to finish it. Suppose it gives you time to save for the paint job though

Depends, I like building computers- especially watercooled ones. So I don't mind if it takes time. Besides, a build is never really finished, is it? Components keep changing :)

It will be a few months before this is done, mostly because x99 isn't anywhere close to release. In the meantime, I can work with the existing rig.

What will come after z97 & x99, 107 & 109?

No No No

Depends, I like building computers- especially watercooled ones. So I don't mind if it takes time. Besides, a build is never really finished, is it? Components keep changing :)

That's what I tell the missus, allows me to keep buy parts :P I'm still waiting for the GTX1080 they should put a p just for funs :P

z97 is Broadwell, z170 is Skylake. It should be x99 for another couple of generations for Broadwell-E and Skylake-E.

That's what I tell the missus, allows me to keep buy parts :P I'm still waiting for the GTX1080 they should put a p just for funs :P

Likely going to see a naming change before that happens.

z97 is Broadwell, z170 is Skylake. It should be x99 for another couple of generations for Broadwell-E and Skylake-E.

Likely going to see a naming change before that happens.

I dunno if I'll get x99 because I got a 4770k, but I dunno if I should get x99 for DAW or not.

I hope not because they are going to miss a golden chance to make the 1080 run at 4k just to be ironic.

I am only going with the octacore if it OCs well, and mostly for benching. A quadcore is enough for most things I do (although newer work will go faster with the extra cores/threads). If you are happy with the 4770k, keep it.

Yeah I like my 4770k but eventually I'll be building a separate PC for the DAW so I dunno if I should just get more RAM and use the other for the epeen gaming or the other way round. I'll figure it out. I do know that I want your case because the more room my case takes up the less room she can claim for her extensive clothing collection which is 1 wardrobe for tops 1 for trousers 1 for dresses 1 for jumpers. I need to claim to space

Yeah I like my 4770k but eventually I'll be building a separate PC for the DAW so I dunno if I should just get more RAM and use the other for the epeen gaming or the other way round. I'll figure it out. I do know that I want your case because the more room my case takes up the less room she can claim for her extensive clothing collection which is 1 wardrobe for tops 1 for trousers 1 for dresses 1 for jumpers. I need to claim to space

lol that's asking for trouble! But then again @acdcman200 was talking to me over PM about getting the exact same case as well :)

lol that's asking for trouble! But then again @acdcman200 was talking to me over PM about getting the exact same case as well :)

Yeah it's pushing it, I know but it's about the only thing she let's me get away with, cause she knows it's my thing, but with the size of it I might end up living in the shed =[ maybe it's one step too far :P It is such a sexy case and I couldn't even give her 1 half like you because she'd just use it for facebook so she can keep her tablet/phone/laptop for that. The only thing like that she likes doing with me is getting out the old Sega and playing Sonic with me. *sigh* I guess I'll have to ask for permission bloody women

They do make a single PC version (TX10-V) but it is really overkill for any single rig. Look at the STH10 if you prefer single wide cases or the TH10A for double wide cases.

I think the STH10 looks out of proportion I like the wider ones :P I'll have to do some shopping ;)

Ya, it's way taller than wider. Check out the caselabs forums on OCN if you need any assistance, that's where the Caselabs guys always are.

I'll start asking the questions when I know I can "have" my own floor.

Maybe zx7 and zx9?

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Also, first build log to hit 10k views! I was pretty sure it would be the one on LTT or OCN :)

Grats!

VSG, have you seen jayztwocent's "skunkworks" build? That's basically how I want to do mine, but on a smaller scale ofc.

I may order an sp120 quiet edition and test it vs my GT's, I know they can't quite compete, but for aesthetics, it would be way better.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I don't understand why it's launching on Steam but hey I guess it gets a bigger market then

VSG, have you seen jayztwocent's "skunkworks" build? That's basically how I want to do mine, but on a smaller scale ofc.

I may order an sp120 quiet edition and test it vs my GT's, I know they can't quite compete, but for aesthetics, it would be way better.

Ya, seen it. I like the aesthetics even if I don't agree with all the component choices. But then again, most of that is free from sponsors so I don't blame him.

Have you considered painting the GT blades? SP120 QEs are pretty good for the money.

I don't understand why it's launching on Steam but hey I guess it gets a bigger market then

Mostly for the larger audience, steam achievements and autoupdates. But if you don't want to use steam, here you go: http://www.evga.com/precision/

:o I forgot about the achievements that'll be fun. Overclock to over 9000 haha I'll have to look at downloading it on steam to see what ones you get.

Sorry I didn't quote on my phone