The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

Thanks guys, I have posted this in 6-7 places so far and am keeping track of all the votes. I will hopefully have settled on a color by this weekend.

I just imagined the caselabs case with the orange..OMG!!!!

Too bald?

That particular orange is a bit too bright for my taste but keep in mind that is just an example of an entire orange family they got. So there are about 20-30 shades of each color I can choose from.

i also like weather iron

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

One of this i would say 1Ultra marine blue 2statuary bronze 3tavern taupe4 weathered iron

No No No

All that gear in this thread is going to make me so jelly

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

Jumped in months late here but just read everything. I want this right now! I'll give you my 750D hehehe ;):ph34r:

Also yeah I'd say weathered iron. Because it's dark it wont look too much on a big case if you was to go yellow it'd look too much even though it would still be beautiful.

You don't want the case to be too flashy since it's already massive.  You want to focus on those K|NGP|Ns you got hangin in there.  

Also, I love how you say 780ti K|NGP|N in the title and your topic automatically becomes hot xD

I can't wait! Yet another excuse for the weekend to hurry. No work, build logs, World CUP final and much more.

I can't wait! Yet another excuse for the weekend to hurry. No work, build logs, World CUP final and much more.

Can't wait for the Netherlands - Germany final aswell.

OT: sick build :D

I've been saying Germany Netherlands final since the group stages. The South American teams have lost their flair this world cup so I don't want them to win, Brazil have played rubbish and have had referees give them decisions so I don't want them to win because it'll ruin it.

@VSG Please tell me how you managed to swap a 900D for this case. I love the 900D I do but this case is a monster and worth about 2 900Ds

I put out an ad on the local classifieds (Craigslist) wanting to see if someone was interested in buying this. There was a very nice STH10 available from a guy on OCN I was going to buy if this sold. After a few lowball offers, I got a text message from a guy who said he was interested and asked me why I wanted to sell it. When I said I was cramped for room and wanted a bigger caselabs case, he said his friend had an STH10 which he was looking to sell. Turns out it was a TX10 instead. So I traded the 900D (And some cash too) for the TX10, the Mo.Ra, the SR1 560, the extended top, pedestal and a few more case/watercooling parts. If I was to buy all that new, it would have been well over $2000 but the trade cost me way less. I also got to know these two guys, one of whom is a custom builder/sleever who posts his fantastic build logs here (@Lavin). In fact I will be working with him for sleeving on this build too.

I put out an ad on the local classifieds (Craigslist) wanting to see if someone was interested in buying this. There was a very nice STH10 available from a guy on OCN I was going to buy if this sold. After a few lowball offers, I got a text message from a guy who said he was interested and asked me why I wanted to sell it. When I said I was cramped for room and wanted a bigger caselabs case, he said his friend had an STH10 which he was looking to sell. Turns out it was a TX10 instead. So I traded the 900D (And some cash too) for the TX10, the Mo.Ra, the SR1 560, the extended top, pedestal and a few more case/watercooling parts. If I was to buy all that new, it would have been well over $2000 but the trade cost me way less. I also got to know these two guys, one of whom is a custom builder/sleever who posts his fantastic build logs here (@Lavin). In fact I will be working with him for sleeving on this build too.

I wish I had your luck I'd do the lottery! I got the 750D because I didn't want to spend that much for a 900D I thought the 750D would be more than enough but then I've had to stall on buying a new mobo because the Rampage doesn't fit, because of the backplate. So now I'm going to have to change, I was going to paint the mobo and accent the front panel and make it a black/green build because I love toxic green, was gonna do a custom loop and stuff but that will wait until I get a bigger sexier case.

I wish I had your luck I'd do the lottery! I got the 750D because I didn't want to spend that much for a 900D I thought the 750D would be more than enough but then I've had to stall on buying a new mobo because the Rampage doesn't fit, because of the backplate. So now I'm going to have to change, I was going to paint the mobo and accent the front panel and make it a black/green build because I love toxic green, was gonna do a custom loop and stuff but that will wait until I get a bigger sexier case.

I know what you mean, the 900D was getting really cramped up for me. I can't imagine how the 750D would have done the job for you. Some things you never appreciate till you have that option- removable motherboard tray, casters, extremely flexible radiator/HDD/5.25 bay device placements and the ease of putting together things outside the case then simply dropping them in. Even if a case comes in standard steel, these things should be incorporated sooner than later.

And i thought the Phantom 530 was already pretty big :P

No No No

I know what you mean, the 900D was getting really cramped up for me. I can't imagine how the 750D would have done the job for you. Some things you never appreciate till you have that option- removable motherboard tray, casters, extremely flexible radiator/HDD/5.25 bay device placements and the ease of putting together things outside the case then simply dropping them in. Even if a case comes in standard steel, these things should be incorporated sooner than later.

When I stood next to the 900D and I saw it with 3 or 4 Titans in SLI, I wanted it, I saw a company my friend works at called YoYoTech build it and I fell in love. So I went with the 750D cause of the price and my plans for 780ti SLI soon vanished when I realised it's not as big as I thought I was a bit down, but it'll do until I do another build after my next planned audio work station. I love big cases so I'm going BIG!

When I stood next to the 900D and I saw it with 3 or 4 Titans in SLI, I wanted it, I saw a company my friend works at called YoYoTech build it and I fell in love. So I went with the 750D cause of the price and my plans for 780ti SLI soon vanished when I realised it's not as big as I thought I was a bit down, but it'll do until I do another build after my next planned audio work station. I love big cases so I'm going BIG!

Good, way too many people going ITX these days.

And i thought the Phantom 530 was already pretty big :P

Pretty sure I can put in 2-3 of those in here :P

Good, way too many people going ITX these days.

Pretty sure I can put in 2-3 of those in here :P

Yeah I get why people get small cases, the same happened with phones everyone got small phones and now they got big again. I hope it happens with PC cases. I gotta get a smallish sound proof case for the audio anyway still not sure on the CPU because the 4770k I got at the moment, I tried FL with lots of plugs in and it hits max load, it's strange, even with HT and all that stuff, so until I do my research I'm holding out on that one. Then I'll upgrade my case to a bigger one.

You should put 2 inside it and you can have 1 for you, 1 for the missus, and make it like them Russian dolls, open the cases to find smaller and smaller ones each time.

All my stuff should show up tomorrow that I ordered, then I can drool over my dominator platinums lol

I'm using my cousins 1033 2x4gb kit right now and I keep running out of ram coz of my TS3 server lol

Buddy said he'd buy my 780 sometime this week, someone buying my 900D tomorrow as well I think, then I can order my 4790k+ 290x and start ordering watercooling supplies.

One guy messaged me and said he was interested in my RIVE+Cpu, because he bought FOUR 290x toxic's and wanted to use my board+cpu to ln2 benchmark with everything   :o

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

All my stuff should show up tomorrow that I ordered, then I can drool over my dominator platinums lol

I'm using my cousins 1033 2x4gb kit right now and I keep running out of ram coz of my TS3 server lol

Buddy said he'd buy my 780 sometime this week, someone buying my 900D tomorrow as well I think, then I can order my 4790k+ 290x and start ordering watercooling supplies.

One guy messaged me and said he was interested in my RIVE+Cpu, because he bought FOUR 290x toxic's and wanted to use my board+cpu to ln2 benchmark with everything   :o

Nice. Making a new build log for this? Congrats on selling the 900D, those are near impossible to do so. 

Go back a few posts till you hit the image with the powdercoating samples and give me your recommendations for the exterior (interior will be black). Tallying up votes from everywhere till this weekend. Over 100 votes already within 1 day :D

Nice. Making a new build log for this? Congrats on selling the 900D, those are near impossible to do so. 

Go back a few posts till you hit the image with the powdercoating samples and give me your recommendations for the exterior (interior will be black). Tallying up votes from everywhere till this weekend. Over 100 votes already within 1 day :D

Yeah totally I'll do that, and yeah I figured how to use my camera somewhat better, so I'll definitely make a build log.

I like that weathered iron, and also the anthracite metallic.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yeah totally I'll do that, and yeah I figured how to use my camera somewhat better, so I'll definitely make a build log.

I like that weathered iron, and also the anthracite metallic.

Looking forward to the build log! Thanks for the votes. Weathered Iron is right up there in the leaderboard at the moment. I love the texture too. Just not sure how well it will go with a black interior.

Looking forward to the build log! Thanks for the votes. Weathered Iron is right up there in the leaderboard at the moment. I love the texture too. Just not sure how well it will go with a black interior.

Some of the other colors would be awkward on a PC case I think.  I'll continue looking through the colors and see if I like any more

Violet blue actually looks really nice tbh. It's almost dark grey, but with a blue-ish tint.