Can we lay off the sexual harassment jokes please

1 hour ago, Neroon said:

It doesn't need to be said, nor implied, just the mention of 'wife' put you over the edge.
Low level how? While I have no idea if he has a wife, if he does, that's between him and his wife. Why are you butting in on their personal life? You don't get to decide what is ok for them or not.

We make these all the times as well. When I get home early, I will text my gf that she better kick him out fast because I will be home in 15.
She makes similar jokes.

Yeah it kind of did... it's unnecessary, get it? Why do you feel we need jokes about who does what to whose wife when it comes to how Google screws you over with their so called "Incognito" mode? I think we already understood how it works...

what, you thought Instagram Anony was going to make it anonymous for you when you view other people? Or Google thereof? Duh. Nobody needs the later example to begin with. It was forced in. Just like a lot of the other jokes LTT makes on their videos.

Sure, I can stand some LTT content but some of the stuff is just redundant. This is exactly why I don't main their videos, and from what it sounds like, I can find people who would agree with me in here. 

At the consent of being triggered, well... that depends on how you see it.

Your GF might like being the under belly jokemaker, but I can tell you I would never consider somebody as such to be my GF on any long scale. Piss poor sexual jokes about other people? See the back door. Guess Internet makes some people feel comfortable with saying these...

14 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Yeah it kind of did... it's unnecessary, get it? Why do you feel we need jokes about who does what to whose wife when it comes to how Google screws you over with their so called "Incognito" mode? I think we already understood how it works...

what, you thought Instagram Anony was going to make it anonymous for you when you view other people? Or Google thereof? Duh. Nobody needs the later example to begin with. It was forced in. Just like a lot of the other jokes LTT makes on their videos.

Sure, I can stand some LTT content but some of the stuff is just redundant. This is exactly why I don't main their videos, and from what it sounds like, I can find people who would agree with me in here. 

At the consent of being triggered, well... that depends on how you see it.

Your GF might like being the under belly jokemaker, but I can tell you I would never consider somebody as such to be my GF on any long scale. Piss poor sexual jokes about other people? See the back door. Guess Internet makes some people feel comfortable with saying these...

Be less judgemental. 

17 minutes ago, Motifator said:

See the back door

That's what she said

17 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Piss poor sexual jokes about other people? [...] Guess Internet makes some people feel comfortable with saying these...

What would make you say that?

3 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

If you think laughing/making jokes about someone who just died [re:OceanGate]; where a kid who didn't want to go on died because they were pressured into it then you are just disgusting individual.

Oh no that's so sad, I'm definitely gonna let that sink in for a while now.

Anyway, make sure to add me to the "literally worse than h*tler" list.

The WAN show did nothing wrong.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Damn... that went deep. Not sure if you can recover from that. It definitely would leave me out of breath.

11 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Damn... that went deep. Not sure if you can recover from that. It definitely would leave me out of breath.

image.gif.98eee7573fcd5cda86bd757f7e892371.gif

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

Most people understand it's just a meme, and doesn't imply something sexual without additional context. Same with "deez nutz ~ gottem"

When people only read the sexual context of something, that says more about the person making the complaint expecting something and getting denied. Yes there are people on the internet who make a lot of innuendos, their content is also 18+ in the first place.

This can be used as an example of innuendo about it if you want.
No one seems to have a problem with it and the business is apparently doing well.

Suggestive, yet kinda funny too - Yes it's a play (Joke) about it.

Deesnuts.thumb.jpg.f6e989be3f343c4fd066b59d645fb3b4.jpg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

I haven't watched, and won't. And those type of jokes (and type of show) isn't my cup of tea.

But if someone is offended, why don't you just not watch that show? I bet there are a billion other YT channels and one of them must be appropriate for your taste. 

I watch South Park, Monty Python and so on. I bet there are many people who feel offended by that. But I don't want those people going around and somehow force the makers to make a non-offensive version. Just watch something else if you don't like it. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

2 hours ago, Do everything later said:

I read from Reddit that Terren said it was still ongoing in his Floatplane Exclusive interview and that they may be able to make some statement soon

My question was rhetorical but my point was that since the company is probably under investagation I would expect them to maybe tone it down a tad.  Since they aren't I guess it shows that the claims weren't taken seriously.

1 hour ago, Erioch said:

My question was rhetorical but my point was that since the company is probably under investagation I would expect them to maybe tone it down a tad.  Since they aren't I guess it shows that the claims weren't taken seriously.

It is toned down, the joke is in no way shape or form a sexual harassment joke. 

Meh... its definitely a poor taste joke but is it sexual harassment? Nope.

But each to their own opinion.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

WAN show did nothing wrong.

You landed spot on the "didn't watch, but have opinion on content" bin. This was on Techlinked, not WAN. There's huge difference. One is scripted and edited, the other is live streamed. On WAN some things can be accepted as oopsies, like the hard R discussion, since it's live. But this had script which was read from prompter with scripted interaction and went through whole quality control process.

7 hours ago, Lurking said:

But if someone is offended, why don't you just not watch that show? I bet there are a billion other YT channels and one of them must be appropriate for your taste.

Usually this is also my talking point. But here I argue against it. If the point of LMG channels would be to make suggestive and offensive jokes for adult audience, then sure. But it's not what they do generally. It's entertainment to teens and young adults. Of your examples, South Park was/is mainly 18+ in Canada.

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Meh... its definitely a poor taste joke but is it sexual harassment? Nope.

But each to their own opinion.

*sigh*

It's not sexual harassment as is. It's joking about such. Similarly as saying "if this doesn't work, I'm gonna kill myself" is not threat of self-harming, but joking about it. Both are cringe, and something hardly needed to make news entertaining.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ugly women and girls should be safe from sexual harrassment right? 🧐

Sudo make me a sandwich 

16 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

All I can say about that is if it wasn't you, it would be someone else with a problem over it.

What I'm getting at is it's already understood by most, if not all it's a joke and nothing more BUT there are a huge number of folks these days too, all with different viewpoints that might be offended by a joking statement another would probrably laugh at.

Let them be offended. If I were to keep my mouth shut every time I think someone might get offended by what I say, I wouldn't speak my mind anymore. That's the end of free speech.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Why is it that whenever something happens to some random e-celebrity, suddenly we can't make any jokes at all or risk getting cancelled...

I have no clue who this minecrafter is. Never heard of them. Nor do I care. There are women getting assaulted every day in the world, why is this particular event worthy of "too soon" and not the million others?

Just because you happen to know of some recent event with someone you watch(ed), doesn't mean everyone else know of the same event as you.

To me the "recent event" involving LMG, was the whole Madison debacle that happened MONTHS ago, if not years at this point if you consider she left in december of 2021. Everything that may or may not have happened in other communities is inconsequential here, why even bring it up.

Saying a joke is "too soon" because of some recent event you know... Is entirely ridiculous simply based on the fact we are not a hive mind and we don't all know what you're thinking about.

If we go by that logic, it is ALWAYS too soon. Because someone out there either recently experienced it themselves or know someone who has.

Stop trying to gatekeep low level comedy. It's just that. Nothing more. Low taste for sure, but that's all it is. These bad sexual jokes have been the bread and butter of LTT since the start. This is nothing new.

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

12 hours ago, Caroline said:

Anyway, make sure to add me to the "literally worse than h*tler" list.

The WAN show did nothing wrong.

Your pfp fits your attitude. No one is calling you worse than hitler, they are just saying you're an asshole ay

3 hours ago, wasab said:

Ugly women and girls should be safe from sexual harrassment right? 🧐

You would think so, but like... I've seen ugly people get the hate stick too. Posting arguments about politics on the Internet is one way to get the others jump on you, for instance... :).

Hope you don’t watch movies, tv, or streaming.

LTT isn’t your workplace or your local grocery store, it’s produced entertainment (or infotainment.)

You have the same right to not watch it as you do to not watch a movie that contains explicit sex or violent murder. 

7 minutes ago, Echothedolpin said:

Hope you don’t watch movies, tv, or streaming.

LTT isn’t your workplace or your local grocery store, it’s produced entertainment (or infotainment.)

You have the same right to not watch it as you do to not watch a movie that contains explicit sex or violent murder. 

What is preventing my local grocery store from say:
covering their walls in pinups?

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Why is it that whenever something happens to some random e-celebrity, suddenly we can't make any jokes at all or risk getting cancelled...

I have no clue who this minecrafter is. Never heard of them. Nor do I care. There are women getting assaulted every day in the world, why is this particular event worthy of "too soon" and not the million others?

Just because you happen to know of some recent event with someone you watch(ed), doesn't mean everyone else know of the same event as you.

To me the "recent event" involving LMG, was the whole Madison debacle that happened MONTHS ago, if not years at this point if you consider she left in december of 2021. Everything that may or may not have happened in other communities is inconsequential here, why even bring it up.

Saying a joke is "too soon" because of some recent event you know... Is entirely ridiculous simply based on the fact we are not a hive mind and we don't all know what you're thinking about.

If we go by that logic, it is ALWAYS too soon. Because someone out there either recently experienced it themselves or know someone who has.

Stop trying to gatekeep low level comedy. It's just that. Nothing more. Low taste for sure, but that's all it is. These bad sexual jokes have been the bread and butter of LTT since the start. This is nothing new.

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Except it was at the level where it should be on their radar being a social media company, not just some random person.  The guy literally was in some Mr Beast stuff, there were multiple larger Twitch people who talked about it [and took sides], and even some of the people they collabed with before have talked about it.

And yea, the Madison thing as well also is another thing.

It's not just low level comedy like 69 jokes, or someone having a small appendage, instead it's a joke about twisting what consent is followed by a joke when pair with it that implies sexual assault [when you consider that it's a trope used often for workplace party harassment].

It's something real that happens, and something that when made into a joke takes away from the real world examples of when it happens.  The fact is these types of jokes keep the perpetuation that it's somehow almost acceptable to use it as an excuse [I know it's a joke that's technically counter] ...add in the fact that LMG has been publicly accused of it and is still undergoing a 3rd party review and yes it should be gatekept.

Remember, we are living in an age where that joke is actually used as an excuse AND accepted by some people.

13 hours ago, Lurking said:

I haven't watched, and won't. And those type of jokes (and type of show) isn't my cup of tea.

I watch South Park, Monty Python and so on. I bet there are many people who feel offended by that. But I don't want those people going around and somehow force the makers to make a non-offensive version. Just watch something else if you don't like it. 

LMG is the biggest in the tech space though, where their focus isn't on these kinds of jokes, and at that there should be certain standards that are upheld.

I'm all for not complaining about 69 jokes, or themselves being targets of jokes within their videos; but there is a line drawn to when it's about topics that have real world impacts and fuel the common excuse used by a perpetrator...especially when the company itself has been formerly accused with the investigation still going on.

The thing about South Park and Monty Python, there was a lot that was meant to offend/toe the line; and those watching it knew that and sought out that.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

I feel like the first part was a joke about how ridiculous Google's explanation was. The second part about the parties didn't really fit. Perhaps to really show how creepy Google is? It didn't feel like it was connected to the comparison. Instead, it was just a throw-in joke connected to the previous joke (but not to the Google part) that made the host seem really creepy. I wouldn't have included it.