Is this monitor worth it for gaming at 250$ ?

lka

GIGABYTE 31.5" VA GS32QC 

I am currently using a Gigabyte monitor which is 24", 165Hz and 1080p.

I am looking for a new one that is 32" and curved and not expensive, and i found the one listed above and I wonder is it a good one, I need it primarly for gaming.

I like all the specs but I am not familiar with VA panel as my monitor is IPS.

Question I have is it worth it at that price and should I buy it ?

How far will you sit from the screen?

32 inches is where 1440p isnt really that sharp anymore.

Then combine it with this being a curved screen and a va panel you wont get good color reproduction and uniformity as well as a lot of backlight bleed as is common for curved screens.

Depending on what monitor you have now it may even be a visual downgrade for a size and resolution upgrade

Its not bad for the price but a gigabhte m27q is 20$ more has GREAT color reproduction and uniformity as well as little  acklight bleed and is 27 inches so the image will be quite a bit sharper. It is also not w curved screen. I would get this one.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

How far will you sit from the screen?

32 inches is where 1440p isnt really that sharp anymore.

Then combine it with this being a curved screen and a va panel you wont get good color reproduction and uniformity as well as a lot of backlight bleed as is common for curved screens.

Depending on what monitor you have now it may even be a visual downgrade for a size and resolution upgrade

Its not bad for the price but a gigabhte m27q is 20$ more has GREAT color reproduction and uniformity as well as little  acklight bleed and is 27 inches so the image will be quite a bit sharper. It is also not w curved screen. I would get this one.

I am not sure which one I have right now but it also has a lot of backlight bleed in the corners, and I am not that consired about colors as long as they are okay. For the distance, I sit around 1.5m away from the screen, sometimes even 2m when I am playing something casual with a controller.

I would get a different one but I want 32" curved, that is something I have always just adored.

13 minutes ago, lka said:

I am not sure which one I have right now but it also has a lot of backlight bleed in the corners, and I am not that consired about colors as long as they are okay. For the distance, I sit around 1.5m away from the screen, sometimes even 2m when I am playing something casual with a controller.

I would get a different one but I want 32" curved, that is something I have always just adored.

You are sitting 1.5m away? That is super far and you might as well get a TV at that point. 

31 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

You are sitting 1.5m away? That is super far and you might as well get a TV at that point. 

Hahahahahahah maybe you are right 😂😂

41 minutes ago, lka said:

Hahahahahahah maybe you are right 😂😂

That said tvs are pretty horrible for response times so I guess 32" monitor would be an OK option and at that distance 1440p at 32 inches should look pretty decent. As for how 1500r curve looks at 1.5m away I am not sure. 

1 hour ago, lka said:

Id get a tv id I were you. At that distance even 32 inch is kinda small.

Also keep in mind this curve is optimized for around 60cm away not 1.5-2m. Its important that you dont have too much of a curve at a distance else your experience will be compromised by weird squashing you can experience from the image.

10 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

That said tvs are pretty horrible for response times so I guess 32" monitor would be an OK option and at that distance 1440p at 32 inches should look pretty decent. As for how 1500r curve looks at 1.5m away I am not sure. 

Depends on the tv. Like lg lcds go as low as 11ms which is pretty average in more budget gaming monitors.

51 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Id get a tv id I were you. At that distance even 32 inch is kinda small.

Also keep in mind this curve is optimized for around 60cm away not 1.5-2m. Its important that you dont have too much of a curve at a distance else your experience will be compromised by weird squashing you can experience from the image.

Depends on the tv. Like lg lcds go as low as 11ms which is pretty average in more budget gaming monitors.

Usually 165hz monitors are going to be pretty good for latency so I would still think you would be much better off with a monitor for gaming. But yeah I agree that at 1.5m 32 inches is pretty small but it sounds like they are already use to using a 25 inch monitor at that distance so 32 will be much better. 

It will likely be fine as long as you lower your expectations.

It's a VA panel. There's a lot of drawback to those, even in games. There's a huge difference between IPS and VA.

VA panels look more vibrant and the blacks look deeper. BUT, you will get disgusting amount of smearing on blacks during movements or when scrolling down on a webpage. You will mainly notice these issues while browsing the web.

In games... it will be noticeable on fast movements if you focus on them. There will be a blurry shadow that trails behind everything with a darker hue.

Here's a review for that monitor:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/g32qc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, TetraSky said:

It will likely be fine as long as you lower your expectations.

It's a VA panel. There's a lot of drawback to those, even in games. There's a huge difference between IPS and VA.

VA panels look more vibrant and the blacks look deeper. BUT, you will get disgusting amount of smearing on blacks during movements or when scrolling down on a webpage. You will mainly notice these issues while browsing the web.

In games... it will be noticeable on fast movements if you focus on them. There will be a blurry shadow that trails behind everything with a darker hue.

Here's a review for that monitor:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/g32qc

I just looked at that review and the only bad thing is the black smearing, but I still thi k about buying. Are VA panel really THAT bad that I will notice it all the time a it will ruin my experience ?

5 hours ago, lka said:

I just looked at that review and the only bad thing is the black smearing, but I still thi k about buying. Are VA panel really THAT bad that I will notice it all the time a it will ruin my experience ?

Unfortunately, it will happen, maybe not all the time, but quite often you will notice it and later it will start to bother you

4 hours ago, cullen.berth said:

Unfortunately, it will happen, maybe not all the time, but quite often you will notice it and later it will start to bother you

I also found this one, it's ultrawide 21:9 and reviews seem to be good, it is a 100$ more but if it's good I will save up some more.

LC POWER 34″ UWQHD LC-M34-UWQHD-100-C-V3

8 hours ago, lka said:

I also found this one, it's ultrawide 21:9 and reviews seem to be good, it is a 100$ more but if it's good I will save up some more.

LC POWER 34″ UWQHD LC-M34-UWQHD-100-C-V3

Still VA at the end of the day. I do suggest you try it. If you buy on Amazon, you can return it pretty much pain free if you change your mind. I returned 2 monitors in the past few months. One due to VA being awful and one due to quality issues. Ended up settling on a much more expensive IPS curved monitor from LG.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro