Air Compressor or Vacuum? Glass Bits inside Case!

Master PC

So my glass panel of my Corsair 5000X smashed to bits when I opened it. Managed to clean everything up, except for the glass bits that was trapped in the narrow space near by where the glass panel is closed. More glass bits went into the hold at the bottom of the case, close to the fans, and a bit more on the area above the PSU and under the GPU.

image.thumb.png.fee8d1ccee40d743344d0b47f5abb39e.png

Should I use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the debris, or air compressor instead?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

a vacuum........ don't blow shards of glass all over the place

Thanks. Because people say using a vacuum is not safe for the components so I was a bit skeptical.

1 minute ago, Master PC said:

Thanks. Because people say using a vacuum is not safe for the components so I was a bit skeptical.

Ideally, you'd take everything out of the case and make sure that its all clean.

2 minutes ago, Master PC said:

the basic idea is a shop vac can generate static electricity but if everything is grounded then it'll be fine. there's an ltt video showing just how difficult it is to kill modern components with static shocks anyway.

just shake the glass out of it if you are worried about the parts !!!

or do a tear down and rebuild !!!

58 minutes ago, emosun said:

the basic idea is a shop vac can generate static electricity but if everything is grounded then it'll be fine. there's an ltt video showing just how difficult it is to kill modern components with static shocks anyway.

Yeah, what she said. The reason why it's not advisable to use vacuum in cleaning a computer is because it might generate static when you directly vacuum a component. So what do you if you think some of the shattered pieces are in the computer? disassemble the pc and use air compressor/blower to blow the pieces away on each components like motherboard or gpu. You can probably use a brush too, but I don't know if it might cause the pieces of glass to scratch the pcb. But once the shattered pieces are remove from the components, you can sweep or vacuum it.