Our LAN Parties will be INSANE

Sveeno

Thanks to Narwal for sponsoring this video! The Freo X Ultra has a zero-tangling brush and can automatically wash and dry its mop pads. Use our code PRLinussNO1 to get $300 off at:

Amazon Canada: https://bit.ly/yt-LTT-Mar-AMZ-CA

Amazon USA: https://bit.ly/YT-LTT-Mar-AMZ

(Available from March 12 to March 31st)

The LAN/Badminton Centre is coming along nicely! Check out the progress we’ve made and take a sneak peek at the size of the screen we are going to be using for our Console Gaming Corner! It’s gonna be sick!

If only I didn't live on the other side of the US (east coast) 

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

38 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Try another continent all together 😞 Still, glad for people that are nearby that can be regulars. Super cool

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

1 hour ago, SignatureSigner said:

same, in virginia

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

1 hour ago, Sveeno said:

Use our code PRLinusNO1 to get $300 off at

I'm trying to use the code on Amazon, but it's not working and says the code is not valid.

19 minutes ago, meenie said:

I'm trying to use the code on Amazon, but it's not working and says the code is not valid.

Hey thanks for pointing this out. It appears the code is actually PRLinussNO1 (with 2 S's).

I'll go ahead and update this post!

3 minutes ago, Sveeno said:

Hey thanks for pointing this out. It appears the code is actually PRLinussNO1 (with 2 S's).

I'll go ahead and update this post!

That worked! Thank you 🙂

You guys should look into a led display , like those advertising led matrix displays, made out of multiple tiles. 

Here's a catalogue : https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0079/3513/1738/files/2021_Catalog-LED_Display.pdf

Retail prices ...  probably costs around $150 for a 160x80 tile, so it will cost some money for a 1080p ... 168 tiles to make a 3.84 meters by 2.24 meters , so like 29k ...  could probably get a discount to 20k or so.... but you'll need to add the server or whatever splits the hd image to the tiles.

$70 for 84 x 84 pixels tile, 250mm by 250mm : M-ID2.9 P2.976 Rental Series LED Module in 250x250mm 2.976mm Pixel Pit – LEDLightsWorld

1080p display would end up to 5.75 meters by 3.25 meters

Are the badminton courts going to be on the concrete floor? I assume so?
Over times its pretty rough on knees even though most of the places in Vancouver are doing the same thing.

Get a Barco laser projector, go big or go home

Spoiler

they can cost upwards of 350,000 USD not including lenses

and as someone who works in big productions and have built many LED walls, I'd suggest like the other guy said and get a nice quality LED wall.

Roe makes some of the highest quality panels on the market and paired with Brompton processor and cards you can get high refresh rate screens with HDR. These two together are used all over the world in virtual production studios and in live events.

The downsides: Cost, power usage and it wouldn't be as plug-and-play as a projector is, but after setting it up it pretty much is.

Give them a call and see what they can do for you, might come cheaper and better than buying high grade projectors and lenses but your visitors will love it and it works at any lighting condition

2 hours ago, Chowmyster said:

Are the badminton courts going to be on the concrete floor? I assume so?
Over times its pretty rough on knees even though most of the places in Vancouver are doing the same thing.

There'll be a sport floor

Hey, has there been any determination as to what the process would be or any back of the envelope calculations for renting out some / all of the space?  It's just about the perfect space to hold a combat robotics meet, and I'm sure that at least some of us down in Seattle wouldn't mind trucking up for some fights.  There doesn't seem to really be an active presence in Vancouver that I've been able to find, and even though I don't live there it'd be neat to change that.

14 hours ago, Catzzye said:

Try another continent all together 😞 Still, glad for people that are nearby that can be regulars. Super cool

You mean, Australia. Projectors are not all that cool.

Like it or not the biggest and the baddest shows happen in Australia.

Pro Tip: Instead of trying to run a measuring tape, just slap a CD on the wall and take a picture. Then do the math.

Also, I'm not sure it matters that much, but flipping one projector so the lenses are closer might help.

DSC9421.jpg