Meta / Facebook / Instagram outage

Looks like there is a major Meta outage affecting multiple services. I can't log into Facebook and my Insta feed is empty.

Anyone else experiencing problems?

Don't waste your time trying to reset your password. I tried thinking that would fix the problem and was unsuccessful.

EDIT: I'm located in NSW Australia

Posted (edited)

btw I’m in the uk

at first on FB I get this image.jpeg.8d864d360f2310798e4a50c444002845.jpeg

and then after trying to reset the password this pops up 

image.thumb.jpeg.4906abbb306647e3d25d0cc5e80dce60.jpeg

Instagram won’t reload feeds but WhatsApp seems to be fine. Messenger also down on my dads phone

Edited by filpo
Added FB photos

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

6 minutes ago, Andrew Anthony said:

Looks like there is a major Meta outage affecting multiple services. I can't log into Facebook and my Insta feed is empty.

Anyone else experiencing problems?

Don't waste your time trying to reset your password. I tried thinking that would fix the problem and was unsuccessful.

down for me , ins, fb and messenger ... probably threads also .. located in asia over here ... 

you know it's bad when the status page is down too

image.png.1e2e30b997512062fb5353103d5d580f.png

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

you know, it just might be downimage.png.59a93df54cba1b2a4d89675d38967293.png

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

Here's hoping they'll stay down.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Summary

Today (5th of march 2024) Meta’s services including Instagram, Facebook and Threads are down for many users worldwide. For a while it appeared to be offline for all users, but a couple of hours later some users seem to be able to access some content. The cause is currently unknown.

Quotes

Reached for comment, Facebook pointed The Verge to a statement Meta communications head Andy Stone posted to X, Threads’ main competitor. He writes that the company is “aware people are having trouble accessing our services” and that Meta is “working on this now.” A similar Meta outage took place in 2021 when a configuration issue brought down access to Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp for several hours.  This time around, Threads is included and also appears to be completely down.” - The Verge

My thoughts

Either something over at Meta has gone wrong or it might be a Russian attack to show their capabilities before the 2024 U.S. presidential election. Some Swedish governmental websites has also been taken down by Russia, and Russia has taken responsibility for these attacks.

Sources

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/5/24091207/meta-outage-facebook-instagram-threads-down-signed-out

5 minutes ago, creat0r said:

Summary

Today (5th of march 2024) Meta’s services including Instagram, Facebook and Threads are down for many users worldwide. For a while it appeared to be offline for all users, but a couple of hours later some users seem to be able to access some content. The cause is currently unknown.

Quotes

My thoughts

Either something over at Meta has gone wrong or it might be a Russian attack to show their capabilities before the 2024 U.S. presidential election. Some Swedish governmental websites has also been taken down by Russia, and Russia has taken responsibility for these attacks.

Sources

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/5/24091207/meta-outage-facebook-instagram-threads-down-signed-out

same, idk what happened

55 minutes ago, creat0r said:

A similar Meta outage took place in 2021 when a configuration issue brought down access to Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp for several hours.  This time around, Threads is included and also appears to be completely down.

I remember that outage in 2021. It really wrecked a ton of businesses that use Meta apps as a primary means of doing business. This is probably a similar ordeal.

It wasn't just meta. If you looked at downdetector you can see basically all major websites having a ton of reports of it being down. Someone somewhere messed up big time.