Should I go for the 7800x3d or 7950x3d

Hello I just had a quick question. I am planning doing a new build with the 4070ti super and was planing on apiring it with the 7800x3d but when I put this combo in a bottleneck calculator it said this would be a bad combo and recommended tbe 7950x3d should I spend more for the higher end cpu or just go for the 7800x3d with the boddleneck.

5 minutes ago, Cooper123321 said:

Hello I just had a quick question. I am planning doing a new build with the 4070ti super and was planing on apiring it with the 7800x3d but when I put this combo in a bottleneck calculator it said this would be a bad combo and recommended tbe 7950x3d should I spend more for the higher end cpu or just go for the 7800x3d with the boddleneck.

Delete that bottleneck calc from your history and NEVER use it again. Its garbage.

7800x3D is the best cpu for gaming. 7950x3D has its own issues and i pretty much will never recommend it.

7950x is better for production, 7800x3D better for gaming, 7950x3D had the potential of being the best of both, but just isnt worth it due to the scheduling issues its had.

4 minutes ago, Cooper123321 said:

when I put this combo in a bottleneck calculator

Don't use these, they're generally worthless and designed to get you to spend more money. 

If you're just gaming, the 7800X3D is the fastest CPU you can find. The 7950X3D is at best the same performance, and because it is easy to run into scheduling issues, sometimes significantly worse. It only makes sense if you need the extra CPU cores. 

Let me echo the other two: Bottleneck calculators are useless garbage.

Whether there is a CPU limit will vary on a game by game basis and will also vary based on your monitor's resolution and other settings. It's not something that can be expressed in a single number. Even if there is a slight bottleneck, it won't matter. It starts to matter when the combination is so out of balance that you get wild performance swings, rather than slightly lower fps. Here's a good showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VcytCt02eE

Other than that, the 7950X3D makes little sense, since it's a weird hybrid that isn't ideal for either gaming or productivity.

For productivity you want the extra cores of a 79xx class CPU, but you generally don't want an X3D because of power and thermal constraints due to the large cache (which generally doesn't benefit productivity). For gaming you want an X3D, because the cache can provide a solid performance boost, but you don't want a CPU with more than once CCD.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply