μBlock Origin - Not working on YouTube?!

For the past few days, uBlock Origin stopped blocking ads on YouTube. Did youtube update their scripts to completely disable adblockers?!

or is it a problem with my extension (reinstall?)

Maybe some people with uBlock or other blockers can test this now, please 

I guess I can go back to using "Ad Speedup - Skip Video Ads 16X Faster" if i have to... 🙂

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

1 minute ago, PowerPCFan said:

Posting this as a discussion because I want to know if others are having the same problem. 

For the past few days, uBlock Origin stopped blocking ads on YouTube. Did youtube update their scripts to completely disable adblockers?!

or is it a problem with my extension (reinstall?)

Maybe some people with uBlock or other blockers can test this now, and then please vote on this poll: https://linkto.run/p/UL92F5Q6

I guess I can go back to using "Ad Speedup - Skip Video Ads 16X Faster" if i have to... 🙂

I use adblock, the orginal, And it has never stopped working for youtube. Maybe its Ublock origin?

3 minutes ago, jsnotlout1 said:

I use adblock, the orginal, And it has never stopped working for youtube. Maybe its Ublock origin?

Interesting. I hate every other ad blocker so I guess I can just use ad speedup. Ad Speedup actually just put out an update and it uses ChatGPT to summarize videos! 

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

Moved to programs, apps, and websites.

What browser are you using?

I haven't experienced any issues on Firefox + uBlock origin, but I don't think I've watched any YouTube videos in the past few days either so if something has recently changed I probably wouldn't have noticed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Moved to programs, apps, and websites.

What browser are you using?

I haven't experienced any issues on Firefox + uBlock origin, but I don't think I've watched any YouTube videos in the past few days either so if something has recently changed I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Thanks for moving the post 🙂

Using Google Chrome Version 121.0.6167.140 (Official Build) (64-bit) with uBlock

uBlock Origin on Chrome Version 121.0.6167.140 (Official Build) (64-bit) as well, no issues to post with YouTube or any other website. It could be like the whole YouTube slowing down Adblock users a few weeks ago, where it only affects a portion of the users and you're just one of the unlucky ones. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It could be like the whole YouTube slowing down Adblock users a few weeks ago, where it only affects a portion of the users and you're just one of the unlucky ones. 

That was a bug within adblock causing that, not YouTube.

https://au.pcmag.com/video-streaming-services/103443/youtube-is-slowing-down-load-times-for-viewers-with-ad-blockers-on

UPDATE 1/17: The makers of AdBlock and Adblock Plus say bugs in their ad blockers are to blame for the YouTube slowdowns. They've both rolled out fixes.

"With our latest update published last week, some of our users began to experience a slowdown on YouTube and other sites across the web," the companies said in joint statements. "This slowdown was due to a bug that caused performance issues for some users, including a lag when watching YouTube videos and browsing other websites."

13 minutes ago, PowerPCFan said:

Using Google Chrome Version 121.0.6167.140 (Official Build) (64-bit) with uBlock

Try Firefox instead of Chrome.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

My youtube still ads-less.

Ublock Origin + Firefox 122.0

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 hours ago, PowerPCFan said:

Thanks for moving the post 🙂

2 hours ago, jsnotlout1 said:

ublock + chrome works just fine here, update your ublock definitions (in extensions) sometimes it doesn't auto update,  i mean it does but it sometimes takes a hot 5 minutes so i always manually update (or just refresh the window tbh) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity