Any to worries when using PayPal to sell items on Facebook marketplace?

I'm selling a used GPU on Facebook marketplace in the UK.

I have been contacted by a buyer who has offered what amounts to a little below the asking price plus shipping.

We have agreed that they will pay the full amount via PayPal tomorrow when I message to say I have arrived at the post office ready to ship. I will not proceed before the PayPal payment has been received.

I'm wondering if I can get scammed this way for instance if they can cancel the payment or whatever after I have shipped? 

Personally I would only accept paypal not a a seller but as a gift/friend/whatever they call it. When using paypal as a seller, it comes with a whole bunch of buyer protections that can unfortunately be exploited. If you do need to go to the seller route, make sure you take excellent photos of the package, get tracking numbers, etc. If the GPU is very expensive, it may be worth shelling out for signature. 

That said, it's completely within your right to back out and do a cash deal locally if you want to avoid all that. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Take a look at PayPal goods and services. This may protect you as the seller and that person as the buyer.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

As long as you can complete the PayPal transaction outside of Facebook, go for it. 

I would never in a million years link my PayPal with Facebook Marketplace. 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

Uh does the UK post have COD?  That way you'd only be out shipping

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If you do the transaction via PayPal, make sure you update PayPal with the tracking information. That way if and when the buyer claims they never received it, you've at least got some paper trail.

Honestly, I wouldn't go through with this transaction. The artificial urgency makes this sound like a scam. There's a good chance they'll send you a phony PayPal confirmation and claim they never received the card. They'll dispute the payment, and you'll be out both the GPU and the money.

Marketplace is for in-person cash transactions. I only sell things on eBay, where you at least have a snowball's chance of not getting ripped off as the seller.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Paypal it self is very safe, this transaction is less so.

Don't even go to the post office until the money is in your bank account not only in your paypal balance.

Before you go to ship it, take note of the serial numbers on the card so that if they pretend it's broken etc when it arrives, you can verify it's the same card that you sent and not some-one trying to scam you.

If they report non receipt, don't issue a refund until making a claim from the shipping company. 

Paypal might be okay now. They were not so good in the past. Sold a Intel CPU 7600k for $115. However, the payment sat in my PayPal for a month which I needed to agree and accept it. Then it goes ti my bank. The money went back to the buyer. I have contacted the buyer several times in English and their own language, but they refuse to respond. Raised the issue with PayPal but they said they didn't have a record of it, yet I showed the ID of the transaction. PayPal made changes to their system, and now payment goes automatically automatically to your bank.

I refuse to use Paypal full stop, I don't trust their policies and mechanisms anymore.

Bought some thing, turned out to be scam seller pulling bait and switch scam.

This is where you buy some item, seller sends you worthless BS item instead.

Subsequently claims this is a mistake, and wants you to send item back. (to PRC)

You dispute this with Paypal and Paypal also wants you to send the item back (at your own expense, to china, which is likely to cost way more then you've lost on the origional item to begin with) to get refunded.
This is such an obvious scam it hurts yet their forum, as far as i can tell to this day, is flowing over with examples of this crap going down unhindered.

So as far as i'm concerned they are straight up facilitating this practice.

Even when you're not beeing scammed their support is smooth like sandpaper.

Paypal desperately needs a worthy competitor.