Watch Dogs will not run on Dual-core CPUs

Jonathan Morin, the creative director of Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs has just revealed some information about the minimum requirements for the game. According to his official twitter , Watch Dogs will not run on dual-core CPUs. That filters out almost half the processors (including the Intel’s “i3″  series). He also said that any CPU that scores 9,000-10,000 on Intel's PassMark would be able to run the game on Ultra and scores of 7,000 and higher would be capable to run the game on Medium-High settings (assuming all other requirements are fulfilled).

http://gearnuke.com/watch-dogs-will-run-dual-core-cpus-less-6gb-ram/

I'm quite skeptical of these claims, given the Wolfenstein thread that show that i5s and even i3s are capable of playing that game well even when the requirements stated an i7 was necessary to play in highest settings.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower

And here I was wanting to buy a Pentium...tsk tsk...

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

well I'm actually quite glad about it but most likely i3's should be able to play it due to HT.

Live your life like a dream.

That guy realizes that aside from a few i7's anything above 10k in passmark is a Xeon right?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Is he saying that a dual core wont run the game well? or it wont run at all? Many people run an i3 with a fairly high end gpu. 

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Looks like I'll be running this on low then..

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Is he saying that a dual core wont run the game well? or it wont run at all? Many people run an i3 with a fairly high end gpu. 

The article says "Watch Dogs will not run on dual core CPU's" so I'm assuming that the game just won't let you run it.  

So if this article is correct you can run Watch Dogs on an AMD 760k, but not the i3-4130 which has very similar multi-threaded performance to the 760k and even higher single-threaded performance.

That guy realizes that aside from a few i7's anything above 10k in passmark is a Xeon right?

I would love to see the Passmark scores for the Xbone and PS4's CPUs (if it's even possible)

In his defense, he has stated on his twitter that PC technicals is not his strong suite and much of what he has stated about PC requirements comes from others in that department over at Ubisoft Montreal, so, idk.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower

Sorry, hit the wrong button

I'm assuming a dual core will be able to run it but it will be a struggle.  But an i3 should run it fine I would assume.  

Now, this for all we know could be a leap into the next gaming stage, where 16GB of memory is the sweet spot and where tight budget builds have quad cores and not i3s.  

I have a mid range GPU and quad core cpu with 8GB of memory.  I hope I'll be able to run it on ultra with a solid 30 frames per second.  

I would love to see the Passmark scores for the Xbone and PS4's CPUs (if it's even possible)

Watchdogs has probably a "special" version for the xbone and ps4 with limited AI activity, no physics, garry's mod level graphics and all running at a good 30 frames per second at a beautiful 790p. 

Watchdogs has probably a "special" version for the xbone and ps4 with limited AI activity, no physics, garry's mod level graphics and all running at a good 30 frames per second at a beautiful 790p. 

You're probably right.

You're probably right.

well, how else would it run on a ps4 and xbone with these kinds of requirements?

This isnt a "next gen" game. This is a generation beyond a "next gen" title. I'll probably postpone playing it untill i buy my next computer in 3 or 4 years :D

This isnt a "next gen" game. This is a generation beyond a "next gen" title. I'll probably postpone playing it untill i buy my next computer in 3 or 4 years :D

I really hope you're being sarcastic, from what I've seen if the game requires that kind of grunt then it's poorly optimized.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

well I'm actually quite glad about it but most likely i3's should be able to play it due to HT.

I'm with this guy. They need to start pushing the higher end CPUs.

Have to remember also this game is built for PC it isn't a console port. It's the other way around with the consoles getting a port. Why they are only running @30FPS 792p Xbone/900p PS4.  

I really hope you're being sarcastic, from what I've seen if the game requires that kind of grunt then it's poorly optimized.

I was pulling a joke there. I personally could run Watch_Dogs on High, but i expected to pull things on ultra a lot longer than a few months from buying my rig.

The requirements are high, especially CPU for Ultra details, IMO it need a Intel Xeon or a heavily overclocked i7 to perform without any hiccups, and since the cheapest options are 1000$ high, i would say that people enjoying the game "how the designers envisioned" are very few.

And that is, by me atleast, crazy...thus the gen after next gen sentence  :D

I was pulling a joke there. I personally could run Watch_Dogs on High, but i expected to pull things on ultra a lot longer than a few months from buying my rig.

The requirements are high, especially for Ultra details, IMO it need a Intel Xeon or a heavily overclocked i7 to perform without any hiccups, and since the cheapest options are 1000$ high, i would say that people enjoying the game "how the designers envisioned" are very few.

And that, by me, is crazy...thus the gen after next gen :D

The game won't require an i7, there are hardly any games that use four cores. We aren't going to suddenly get a game that needs four cores and hyper threading when most games still use two and the idea that you would need a xeon for a game to run properly is on a level of stupid that no dev would dare venture to. It won't need an i7 and it won't need a Xeon period, this is all just marketing garbage and the only reason you would believe it is if you haven't learned how to see through the marketing crap yet.

The game won't require an i7, there are hardly any games that use four cores. We aren't going to suddenly get a game that needs four cores and hyper threading when most games still use two and the idea that you would need a xeon for a game to run properly is on a level of stupid that no dev would dare venture to. It won't need an i7 and it won't need a Xeon period, this is all just marketing garbage and the only reason you would believe it is if you haven't learned how to see through the marketing crap yet.

I'm not believing it, I exclusively beleve in facts. We will have to see how the game performs hands on, and until then, their word is the closest we can get without running the game.

It can go the direction COD:Ghosts did with the 6Gb min limit, but on the other hand they could be telling the truth(although it would be pretty audacious(lol) of them...)

Agree, but I do believe we're getting to that point where i7's and four cores are required. Gonna have to start paying up again soon :(

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

79 2p xD